Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~February 16th-28th 2009 #14

OMG its been five days since anyone posted on here! Where is everyone???

Malyna - how's your DH? How are you? Have you made a decision on the house? I know what you mean about making the decision - DH and I are trying to decide what to do with our house - we are fast outgrowing it. What can we afford to buy? How much do we want to spend? What would repayments be - can we afford that? So much to think about.

Lilima, just saw on FB that Miss E is really sick - no good, I hope she improves overnight!

Olive - how's M going? Any further developments with her health??

How's everyone else going?

AFU: DD is being very sweet ATM, lots of cuddles and general cute behaviour. We'll see how we go tomorrow at playgroup - she still has naughty moments! She administered several "hugs of death" on my niece yesterday, so I think she's still go a way to go with understanding what's ok and what's not. DH has been around a bit more which has helped...

Her vocab is incredible - I'm constantly amazed at how many words she knows and can say and how in increases every day. She's a real parrot atm as well, generally repeats the last word or two of whatever we are saying to her. We're trying to teach her colours - she knows blue and yellow, sometimes anyway! We're working on other colours...

Has anyone contemplated starting toilet training yet? DD seems very aware of wee and poo - she stands up in the bath and tells us when she wants to do wee, but won't do anything if we sit her on the potty. We try getting her to sit on the potty after the bath, as she always wees after the bath, but she never does anything. During the day, if I go to the loo, she will go and get her potty and bring it into the toilet and then sit on it and say "wee!" but if I take her nappy off and sit her down, nothing. Ah well - I will keep trying, if there's one thing I've picked up from reading TT threads and things on here its to not push it - she will progress when she's ready.

OP - contemplated toilet training, but that's about all. A GF was saying to put them on the potty before a bath, just so they get used to it - and of course make a huge deal about it if they do a wee/poo in it.

Made an offer on a house, it was accepted but it is still early stages - in NSW you can be gazupted (sp?) until you exchange contracts, so while it looks like things are going our way, we still might not get the house.

Bought one of those small kiddies tables on Sunday and Alex has taken to stepping off it. he's already got a red mark under his eye from where he's kissed the carpet - but thankfully we have a suspended wooden floor so it's not as hard as concrete, but still - must be a boy thing!

I am in bossy with her right now. Check fb for more details

OP with DD1 we put her on the potty before bath from 10 months and she weed every night...DD2 mmmm sits ont he potty but prefers to pee int he bath

lilma hope E is better soon must be horrible seeing her so sick

mylana yay on the house!! exciting times!

AFM had DD weighed today....10.5kg, 83.7cm,

Meg - I hope E is getting better!

BBL - been away at the snow for a week and now back to work today so am a bit rushed

meg how is E today?

Home now. We had an episode when she turned blue yest afternoon. Her tonsils are SO enlarged, that they were blocking her airways. She was put on IV AB's as well as steroids and fluids. She had a temp of 41.5. Went as well as expected overnight considering that she was woken every hour or so. Getting the IV in her was a bit of a battle. Missed the vein twice, so she started getting distressed and chucked.
    THen we had to sit in ED till 3am, as the nurse who was supposed to take us up to the ward at about midnight forgot about us. I was sleeping in a chair with my head on the bed holding E's hand, as she would wake if I let go. So home now, but really tired. I feel like I have a hangover! (and I don't even drink!)

Omg Lilima! Massive I hope she is okay and you too. would have been so scary!

Will come in later to catch up on everything else.

Oh Meg - how awful for you! I'm glad you are home now though.

Malyna - good luck with getting the house! Mr A sounds like a real thrill-seeker and dare devil.

Olive - Millie seems to be another stringbean. I don't think Miss J will be - she gets her check up next Wednesday.

OP - I do the potty before bath and Miss J is doing wees about 4 nights out of 7. It's a bit hit and miss but she seems to be getting it and she is staring to tell me when she has a poo in her nappy (although normally I can smell it before she tells me ). With DD1 we let her tell us when she was ready and she pretty much went into undies one day and barely had any accidents so i am thinking of doing the same sort of thing although Miss J does seem to be more aware at a younger age.

AFU - we just got back from a week at the snow which was wonderful. DD1 had a ball and came back skiing so well. Miss J on the other hand was not impressed with the snow but did like being carried around in the backpack and going on the chairlifts. Since we have been back she has been very clingy and mummy-focused. She has also been throwing some bad tanties. She even bit my finger tonight when I was stopping her from banging the cupboard doors!!

meg im glad you and missy are back home again

nai DD always tells me when shes done poos lovely!

BBL.... rafters is on..

Nai how are the girls? i hope you dont get sick sounds like you had agreat time at the snow! i loved the photos

i took M to the drs yesterday re her neck lumps, he said there ok, its because shes been sick, is skinny, and has a few other immune issues (eczema/intolerances etc...) he said she will probably have them for years!

AFM crappy days lately, im having a 'im sick of being a mum' time, i;ll get over it though

Olive, I'm having one of those days today. DD1 still tummy ache and vomiting, Miss J seems to have gotten it all out of her system between 12am - 3am (and there was a LOT in her system )

Of course this happens on my day off when I have so much planned to get done - oh well, looks like dvd's on the couch all day today

Default Babies born~February 16th-28th 2009 #14

Quote Originally Posted by Nai View Post
    ... looks like dvd's on the couch all day today
    Lucky it's perfect weather for it... Hope your girls are better soon Hun...

Olive, to you too Hun

And of course lilima- how is your little sick one today?? Poor love. Hope she is improving...

awwww thanks for the hugs, though i feel bad because others (nai and op) have it harder than me today, just feels like groundhog day.....again!

Nai the couch sounds good, get the girls onto some probiotics or hydralyte icepoles! best things invented!

I thought DD was getting better... But then she had a go at two of the boys at Playgroup today and sort of rolled onto one of the 6mth old babies... Sigh.

I know it's just a phase - anyone know when the phase will end????

Happy 18 months to I, M and L!! wow 18 months.....................

Happy 18 months to Miss J

Happy 18 months to I, M & L for yeaterday!

Happy 18 months to miss J, its all going too fast :cry

OP its probably cheaper to extend than to move, with selling and buying costs around 40k plus adding to the mortgage moving costs etc.. yikes!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast