... 31112131415 ...

thread: Babies Born~February 1st-15th 2009 #2

Feb 2008
    Down Under

im back from my awesome weekend away!!!!!
    had a fantastic time i got to catch up with a couple of my baby buddies from the other group which was great!!!!
    I have added photos on FB
    PM me if you want to add me!!!

Add Dansta on Facebook Follow Dansta On Twitter

Jul 2008
    a slice of paridise, victoria

anthiea: yay! i'm glad daz isnt the only bub 'not sleeping though'! how is orson going?

moose: BEAT ALL PAES WITH A STICK! sorry but i trust the LC over the paed. after an LC found daz's toung tie- after too meany paeds to count checked daz out...i've all *all* faith in them. you know whats best. listen to the person who is nearest what you want/feel is right and ignore the rest. as for the 'normal' gains, they're just THAT normal! i know the biggest gain daz has had is 290g in two weeks i think it was! you know your sammy, better then any paed will. she's a human, not a statisic! you're doing good. follow your gut; trust your mummy instinct, nothing can over ride that!
    ...now i'll step off the soap box!

Raver: woo how COLD was the weather (just melbourne putting on a show for you!)

AFM: Ahh i had BB i with drawals! hah. my net poo'd its pants. but its working now! happy
    tomorrow DH, Daz and I are looking at *another* car. which im hoping is a good one...im OVER car sales men! stooooopid things they are. got the MCHN appt wedneaday...ooo i gotta run daz is sooking and DH is looking rather...ahem...out of his depth! haha

Jul 2008

woo!
    DH and I are now the proud owners of a funky-munky ford wagon! its green! the bonus is we got 14 months (all up) rego on it AND a 1 year warentee on it too! and you know what? its from a car yard! weee im happy! we dont pick it up untill thursday/friday but im SOOO looking forward to driving it!

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

That is sooo exciting Blip!! WOOHOO!!!

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

That's great Blip, how cool! We sold our MX6 yesterday (been trying to since before Oliver was born). The guy is picking it up later this week! The car selling/buying gods must be smiling .

Jul 2004

Congratz on the car blip!

I would dearly love to sell mine and get a new one but i can't be stuffed lol.

I actually got out of the house by myself with the kids today. Only for an hour but it was a mightly effort! Wasn't as bad as i expected. They all behaved like angels (a first!).

I have this ladcy coming soon to help me with Lily's behaviour problems. Her company is basically like Australia's super nanny! So cool. I hope it helps her (and me).

Feb 2008
    Brissy Bayside

Hi ladies,sorry no time for personals just wanted to pop in and say hi,sorry havent been around again,had a stressful few days,Summer has been a bit off colour i took her to the doctors this arvo and have only been home about an hour!I actually took her to get her skin looked at as shes had really bad like dry skin and lately its been red as anything and like little tiny red pimple things,i have a feeling its the new formula,not sure what would be different in it but im sure its since shes been on it that shes gotten it real bad and its getting worse shes had it about a month,doc says its eczema and all a trial and error but she gave me a script for cream,ive tried everything! but anyway as i was thinking of taking her she started screaming this arvo she'd been not quite herself for the last 2 days,i have no idea why it really upset me to see her like it it was a high pitch scream and she wouldnt stop i couldt concole her!She finally stopped and fell asleep so i rung and got into the docs and i took her when she woke and when i was at the docs she did it again!The doc couldnt find anything wrong she tested everything so shes sending us for a wee test tomorrow to see if shes got a UTI.so see how that goes,sorry again no time for personals im so tired im going to bed now that shes asleep and hope for a good night,goodnight ladies,i'll try catch up properly tomorrowxx

Jul 2008

peach: thank-yee! hows your hungry hippo going?

Sterla: yeah, the car gods are smileing! and laughing so hard they're peeing their pants 'cus its been raining ALL DAY! haha hows oli going? house the house?

anithea: YaY for getting out of the house with the kids. im glad they where good for you! i hope that super nanny-ish lady works for you! hows orson going? we've still gotta sell my little ignus but we're hopeing it'll be easy. its small, good on fuel and its an '03 model BUT its done under 100,000 (its just under 77,000!) so heres hopeing!

PJ: aww the poor mite. could it be silent reflux? as in the kind they dont throw up (like heart burn?) i know daz gets that (as well as chunder-y refulx) and i've found 1ml of mylanter (you can also get infant gaviscon too) helps? i hope summer is going ok and your getting some sleep

AFM: BUSY BUSY day we had. after we got the car we did LOTS of phoneing around about LPG convestion (as in duel fuel) and booked the car in to get a new exosrst (the sales man told us right off the bat about it!) and booked that in- im getting a sexy sport one put on, same price as the normal and it sounds 50% better but only 20% louder KWIM? so hopefully it'll be ready so i can take it to mothers group heheh...i better go and watch the rest of gordon ramsy...foul mouthed as the man is...I LOVE HIM! haha

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Hi ladies!

I don't know if you missed me, but I missed you all! I've barely had the time (or energy) to post here, but I have been lurking.

Peach: Lurve your new ticker and ticker pic! Winter is just gorgeous . How is she going with teething? Oh, and how is moving going? I am over it! I hope you're managing it okay - it's certainly much harder with a bub to look after, isn't it?

Antheia: That's great that you got out of the house with your kids. I can only imagine how hard it must be trying to get them all organised and out the door - it's hard enough with just one! I hope the super-nanny can help you out with Lily .

Blip: Woohoo about the car! I'm sure you'll be able to sell your old car easily enough. How did you MCHN appointment go? How is Daz these days?

1PJ: Sorry to hear about Summer. Screaming bubs are never fun - I've had that problem a bit recently too, though not quite as bad. Hope you manage to find out what's wrong so she can feel better.

Moose: Wow, go Sammy with her weight gain! That's awesome! Lol about the KY Jelly! It does make a difference, doesn't it !

AFM: Well, we are still waiting on the carpet to arrive to be put in our new house. It's so annoying! It could show up any day, but we have no way of knowing when, so all our plans are still really up in the air. We could be moving Friday or Saturday, hopefully no later because we're supposed to be taking the keys back for our rental on Monday! If the carpet doesn't arrive I don't quite know what we're going to do... maybe put all our furniture in a truck and stay with my parents for a few days. I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that. So frustrating!!! And in the meantime I've packed everything I possibly can without making the place unlivable. My house honestly looks like a bomb has hit!

Oliver has been good, sort of. I don't know - he seems to have gone backwards with his day sleeps. I used to be able to just put him down most of the time and he'd drift off, but now we've gone back to needing to rock him to sleep. I want to try and get him back to sleeping better on his own, but honestly, with all the chaos of trying to pack and move, I just don't have the time and energy required to focus on that. Rocking to sleep is harder now too, cause Oliver is so alert now and so good with his neck that he just wants to look around at everything.
    Yesterday I went to visit a friend in the morning. I knew Oliver would need a sleep not long after I got there, but my friend and her mum were so busy 'playing' with Oliver that he got really overtired, then proceeded to scream for half an hour while I tried to rock him to sleep and they looked on and my friends mum was telling me all about how bad it is to rock to sleep . Made me feel pretty crap. What do you do when you're out visiting and bub needs a sleep? I usually just have Oliver sleep in my arms.
    In the afternoon my friend wanted to go out for a walk and get some lunch, so we did, except Oliver has also decided he hates the pram. He spent a fair bit of time screaming, and I ended up having to walk most of the way holding him. Our pram faces frontways, and I'm wondering if Oliver maybe doesn't like that he can't see me? What do you think? DH and I thinking of getting a new pram if that's the case. So yeah - more screaming from Oliver.
    Then he screamed heaps last night and took ages to get to sleep. Then this morning I had to take my sister into town and by the time we were done Oliver was overtired again and screamed all the way home in the car. Needless to say, there has been a lot of screaming and I'm feeling pretty crap about it . It's only when he's tired... but he just won't sleep anywhere but at home! I don't know what to do.

Other than the sleeping/screaming stuff, Oliver is good. He's been a chatterbox today - talking non-stop to me, to his Uncle Dangle (Daniel ), to his toys, to his daddy! Oh, and I'm pretty sure he's forgotten how to rollover! He did it everyday for a week, but since hasn't done it once. I've seen him trying a few times too, but he just can't seem to get there, lol.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well.

Jul 2008

sterla: aww about Oli's crying. daz has been like that (maybe the weather?) as for rocking to sleep...i always let daz fall alseep in my arms ( i think twice i've put him in the cot and he's gone to sleep on his own maybe becuase of the house move and things changing Oli needs you to comfort him? like you know how sometimes we get freaked out if something changes and we dont understand it we need some one to explain (kinda hard to explain it to a bub) whats going on? with the pam have you tried maybe sitting him in it whilest at home and having it faceing you whilest you do something so he knows pram = not so bad? i did that with daz a few times and he was ok with the pram after...Ohh and is it possable he's still hungry? i know daz wont sleep unless he's got a full belly!

AFM: the MCHN appt. went ok. saw both the MCHN's at the place i go to. cus mine was running behind. the other nurse was fantsic! she was really happy with daz and his growth and his alertness. he's now 6.2kg! on the 25th persentile for waight and 25th for hight! she also made the comment "he'll never be a rolly polly baby, he moves too much!" which made me feel better as well as his development is *fine* and on track! she even thinks he may crawl sooner as hes trying *really* hard to roll onto his belly! (and he can with a little help!) other then that...well...its been quiet. the weather has been crazy cold (where DH and i got married last year has SNOW!)...after black saterday tore though the places near by as well!) and darren has taken to sleeping with DH and i (DH suggested it becuase its too cold for him on his own...he said )
    hopefully tomorrow we pick up the car. if not it'll be friday. (im bloody eager to get it!) now im going to *try* and cook dinner...lets see how well it goes!

Jul 2004

You know what? It must be the weather because Orson has been grumpy all day too!

We went to mothers group today at the park. The kids had a good time and it was good for some adult conversation!

I put Orson on his tummy this arvo and he was getting up on his knees and trying to crawl! OMG! Not yet!!

Jul 2008

ello ladies!
    anthiea: daz is doing that too...curling up into a ball and kinda "bulldoseing" his way across the play mat...its rather funny to watch!

been quiet here today normaly im behind the 8 ball..but today...i can stand on it...untill it moves then i will every so gracefuly fall flat on my face! haha. darren was cheeky last night. had a feed at 12:30 and would not go back to sleep! so he came into bed with DH and i and within in 2mins he was alseep. but the weather last night was bad with strong winds and all! we pick up the car tonight so hopefully tomorrow i'll have some pics on FB for the you girls who have me on there (if any one wants me to add them PM me ) im soo excited! the next thing is cleaning up/out my car! i'll be sad to see my igbus (what i call my car, its an ignus!) go...but i need a bigger car for all the stuff we have for daz (hell even the MCHN yesterday said you need a 'family tank' thease days!) then we get the exhosrt done wednesday then the next week is the LPG on monday! Wooo soo excited...but getting the excort done will be a...challange...cus i need the baby seat in the ignus for MG! ohh well...should be FUN!

Feb 2008
    Brissy Bayside

i cant believe it!Summer has been off too and not wanting her day ssleeps on her own!

Sterla-I so hear you its hard when visiting!People just dont get it!I always know Summers ready for a sleep and then whoever im with will say no shes fine look shes playing next minute shes screaming her lungs out and everyones saying shes got a pain im like no shes just way over tired now!!It drives me crazy!The i question myself thinking ohno is it a pain??Ive not even wanting to go out to be honest!Im going out tomorrow to a ladies place ive only met a few times so bit nervous how we will go!About the pram,maybe its just since hes been a bit off lately,and also ive been home alot in the past 2 months or so and now when i go out summer gets real cranky and wont sleep in her pram yet she used to,its like she will only sleep in her cot,my sister in law has this problem with her 14month old and i thought i bet its because im not out much anymore so i think they get used to things quick and a routine?Im thinking i need to do something with summer and try get out more.

BLip-thanks about the silent reflux,someone else mentioned that,i just dont know anymore!i'll tell you all about where im at.......if anyone has any idea please help!!

her eczemas getting worse,i just dont know if its the change of formula or i wandered if shes allergic to dairy?Its only because these are things people have told me they think it is,i just dont know whether i should put her on the old formula(s26)that she used to be on,or try a soy one?Just to see?I just dont understand why its gotten so bad lately!The cream the doc gave isnt working yet but i'll give it more time.No results from the UTI yet but im sure its not that.I think she could be teething maybe too,i just dont know i wish she could tell me!Sometimes when shes tired she just screams for a while lately and i think its because shes gotte over tired but then i worry what if its a pain and its the formula?ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!Too many suggestions i think,surely if it was a dairy or milk intolerence/allergy the other formula would effect it too,maybe after all this raving its not realted to formula at all?haha!Sorry ladies!Sounds like im "writing"outloud here!

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Hey ladies.

Blip: Woot about the car! I'll check out FB when the pics are there .

Antheia and Blip: I've actually noticed Oliver starting to do that - only just, but he gets his legs tucked up underneath him. I'm sure he'll also be pulling himself along soon enough.

PJ: Isn't visiting so hard with a bub!?! And going out to buy groceries, etc. I'm okay with it when Oliver and I can stick to our own schedule and just go when he is ready, but when you're trying to go by others schedules, it's so hard and usually results in screaming. Yesterday afternoon and today Oliver has been great, because we haven't had to go visiting! Hope Summer is okay.

Peach: How is moving going?

AFM: We are still bloody waiting on this stupid carpet. I am so sick of waiting. I'm thinking it probably won't turn up on time now, which means DH, Oliver and I will probably be homeless for a few nights (well, staying at my parents, but you know what I mean). So frustrating!

I bought Oliver some dummies today. I've never needed them before, but I've bought them for just in case - I don't know, if he's screaming the house down one night and I've run out of ideas it's nice to know I've got them there as a back up plan. I'm not really against dummies, but because I haven't used them before now I'm a bit nervous/wary of using them. I plopped one in his mouth before just to see how he took it, and after a few tries he was happily sucking away, so I think they'll work when he needs them .

Jun 2008

Helllo everyone,

Man what a week! We are in the middle of settling our new home we are building in Melbourne and its just been NUTS. Sammy is still waking up at midnight, 3am, 5am & 6am! YAY!!! I am getting pretty exhausted but I had a thought today....I think she is not eating enough during the day. I'm pretty sure she should be taking 180-190ml per feed, if not more now that she is 4 months...but I don't know how much she is getting from my breast. We used to give her 60mls top ups with formula and then downgraded her to 30mls during the day and 60mls for the last feed as I normally do not have as much milk then...so I've upped all feeds to 60mls now again and will do that for the next few days and see if it makes a difference or not. I just don;t understand what happened as she never had issues with sleeping?!? However, she still sleeps well during the day. Usually a 40 min & a 1.5 hours sleep in the morning and the same in the arvo.

Will update tomorrow for personals, got a hot bath calling me

Good night

Mxx

Jul 2008

PJ- is it possable her eczema could also be becuase of drool? i know darren has a rash and i've stopped putting him in collared jump sutes or tucking the colar in and putting lasnoh (its water proof) on and its helping...i've also found some daktarin on it has also helped....as for the reflux it sounds strange but after a feed i keep daz in the same position (if possable with a wiggle bum!) and it helps.

sterla: gah stoopid carpit! threten them with a poosplosion! i hope they come an do it soon!

moose you comming to melb ay? where 'bounce? melb= hawtness ... well right now its 'cool' hahah

AFM: we picked up the car. its fantasic. the best part? we dont need to get the exorst done! for the first time i think *ever* the car dealer wasnt a shark. like the guy DH and i first delt with was really good telling us about the exhorst and all. then the guy today was good...and the greese monkey was the nicest guy! they put on a full BRANNEW exhorst and was really honest about the work he'd done which was nice for a change. DH and I will tell any one who is looking for a car to go see them...they where really good! tomorrow we go and get inursrance on it and then monday = city trip to births deaths and marraiges for our wedding certifacte! then we change plates on my car...and im happy! i *so* cant wait to drive the car on my own! and now i get to take it to mothers group and show it off! ehehe im off to bed!
    'night lovely ladies sleep tight!

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

Hey Girls,
    Sorry Ive been so quiet this week...

Sterla have you tried covering the front of your pram when your out? I find Winter gets to a point where its all too much for her so I cover her up, she winges for a bit but then generally falls asleep. I do the same if we are out visiting, I just say to friends "sleepytime for Bub" then cover her up. Not much anyone could say How rude of your friend to judge you on rocking him to sleep. Its so much easier to judge someone when your not in their position. Has your carpet arrived?

Blip- Stoked you got your car! Have you been driving about in it?

Moose- How long till you guys relocate? Moving interstate is hard work! Hope Sammy starts sleeping through again for you.

Antheia-I cant believe Orson is trying to crawl! Clever little man Where did you find the 'super nanny'? Do they come for many visits?

PJ-Thats no good about Summer's skin,and with the weather being cold it dosnt help!

So as for us... Winter is cutting her second tooth,not sure if Id already mentioned that... Its been pretty rough here the last 3 nights. Im feeling pretty down(actually really down) too just want some company but everyone is either at work or busy... had a little teary this morning,have been on the verge of crying the last 2 days. I really just want an hour to myself to have a bath or anything,but Winter has been like a newborn I literally cant even put her down to change her without her screaming.Ive been giving her brauers teething stuff to help.
    Ive just been so emotional,everything is upsetting me(I swear to god If my bastard cat meows one more time and wakes Winter up Im going to kill the little ****) Sorry to rant Ill stop now.

Is anyone doing anything on the weekend?
    Hope your all well

Jul 2008

peach *massive hug* its hard some times isnt it? maybe tell your DP "sorry but i need some space, look after winter, ok? and walk out side for 15mins or something! you're doing fantasic, even with a teething baby! have you thought about going for a walk with winter in the pram? maybe a distraction for you both? i wish i was near-er you to help you out!

... 31112131415 ...