... 21011121314 ...

thread: Babies Born~February 1st-15th 2009 #2

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Hi ladies.

Raver: Have fun at the BB meet up! Jealous!

Oliver was really good yesterday afternoon after his needles. By evening he was feeling quite warm. We took his temperature and it was 38C, but then I realised I don't actually know what is considered a high temperature for a bub. Anyone know? We have Oliver some panadol anyway, but he spat most of it back out . He didn't seem uncomfortable or in pain or anything though, so I figured he was okay. Today he's been a bit clingy/fussy and is quite tired, but nothing too bad.
    Funny thing this morning... recently I've been getting up earlier to have a shower before DH leaves for work, but today I didn't. So, I had Oliver in his rocker in the bathroom. He was fine and happy, then I turned on the water and he burst out crying. I turned the water off, talked to him and calmed him down. Then I went to turn the water on again and he burst out crying again! I couldn't have a shower, so I ended up having to have a facewasher shower, lol. I guess I'll just have to keep getting up early for that shower, or wait for Oliver to nap.

How is everyone doing? It's raining bucketloads here today!

Add Dansta on Facebook Follow Dansta On Twitter

Jul 2008
    a slice of paridise, victoria

Anthiea: we're on kariecare. we where on S26 gold in hospital but it seemed like it may have bound daz up cus i know the poo can get thicker n all...but i was worried if we kept going it'd of gotten worse, but he's doing ok with it do ypu know when its ok to go back to 'normal' underwire bra's??

RR: ooo lucky! have fun. hope the weather holds out!

ey sterla! glad to hear Oli is feeling ok after the jabs! as for a high temp i think its 38.5?c but oli's temp may be up 'cus of the needles...thats one of the 'side effects' as for the shower daz did the same yesterday! was really upset by the shower...must be the freekyness of a new sound maybe??

AFM: daz and i have had a semi-good day. been a refuxy one he's also desided the last few days he only wants 170-180ml of formular :S, should i be worried? but other then that he's been good

Jul 2004

Stupid f'ing trail bikes waking up Orson GRRRR!!!!

Feb 2008
    Brissy Bayside

Hi again ladies!Yah im back on here!Thanks so much for your support it means alot!

sterla-glad Olivers good after needles!Summer has her second lot next week too,she went ok with the first lot so im hoping she be ok too,i think my temp thing says over 37.5?But mine depends where you take it,what sort of temp thing do you have?Mine i think is quite useless i think i need a better one,i would of done the same and just given the panandol then at least you can not worry if they are a bit high.

Antheia-Thanks for that,some people make you feel so rotten,i tried my best but in the end,i feel better to have a full,happy weight gaining baby then a sad hungry crying one!Hope your rib and cough gets better,heck!You are in the wars you poor thing!!!!

Blip-Thanks too,im glad im not the only one going through all this it helps alot!

I was just reading about the formulas mentioned,Summer was on s26 but it bunged her up soooo bad!!So i switched,i dont know why but since shes been fine,yet others i know are fine on the s26,its so hard to know,i didnt really wanna change as she had no other bad reactions and s26 i heard they use in maternity wards so i thought was best.We had a good day,i went out with my sisters for lunch and for a change my eldest sister(shes like a mum as she alot older)didnt make me feel like the most useless mother on earth,just usually picks on things,like "oh shes cold or oh shes got cradle cap still bla bla im sure she means well but can drive one a tad crazy!So we ended up having a good time,summers asleep now so i'll get on and cook tea while i can,can i ask you guys how much sleep your little ones have?Summer sleeps like from 7.30pm till 6.30am she usualy has at least 9 hours at night usually more then wakes up for feed then goes back to sleep!for like 2 hours then has probably 2 sleeps a day or a nap and a sleep.just wandered if it normal or not enough?

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

Hi Girls,
    Too tired to post but wanted to drop in and say hello and nighty night, hope everyone's babies sleep happily through the night!
    Welcome(back) Pj

Jords

Jul 2008

ello ladies!
    anthiea : Bug-ugger about the bikes. just hold a broom out and closeline 'em! *evil cackle*

PJ- glad to hear you feel supported here, i know thease lovely ladies have been there for me in my darkest hours. as for forumlar daz is on karicare (normal) 'cus we tried S26 gold (well thats what the hospital used) and i had a strange feeling about it...and with the thicker they had him on...it turned into custard type consistiancy within 40mins 0_o which i thought was dodgey! but i found that the Karicare is very simlar to EBM (minus the funky fat laryer it forms on the top LOL!) and daz has been 'bound up' with it once but i put a 'small teaspoon' of sugar in his bottles for 24 hrs and it seemed to fix it....you're doing good love...

jords: i hope you get a nice sleep!

AFM: daz was ok at my mum and dads. but got refuxy in the car the poor poppet. stooooopid car seats do it to him! but he settled down and is now alseep....for how long i dont know LOL! im getting peeved with looking for cars. NONE of the cars DH and i are looking at are a) within our buget or b) within the KM range i'm happy with (we're looking at ford felcons/fairmonts from 2002-2005 i think with a max KM of 150 thou....) OR they're on the other side of the city! but the upside my cars worth more then i thought (though private selling though) so thats an up...hopefully we'll find a bargon one soon! Ohh and car sales men = stoopid. i've had one call three times asking if DH and i are comming to look at a car ( send an enquirey about it, cus i didnt have an ODO number on it) sorry i needed to grump. now im going to bed untill daz wakes up for a feed LOL! gnight my lovies. hope you're all having a wonderful sleep!

Jul 2004

blip, in regards to Daz only wanting 170-180mls of formula, how much does he normally have? Cause Orson only has 180mls per feed, 5-6 times a day. That's what it says on the tin to give to him at this age.

Jul 2008

Ohh...well he normaly has about 190...so im not so worried now thanks antheia, you're a pletheroa (sp?) of baby infomation!

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Good afternoon (just) everyone .

PJ: That's fantastic that Summer is sleeping through the night! Oliver has been for a little while now too. Every baby's sleep patterns are different, but this is (roughly) how Oliver's sleep goes. He sleep through the night from about 10-11pm to 7am, has a feed, then sleeps for another hour or so. He usually has a nap late morning for about an hour, sometimes more. In the afternoon he usually has another nap (maybe an hour, usually less). He has another nap of an evening around 5pm, then another short nap about 8.30pm before waking for a final feed and sleeping through the night. That's a very rough pattern - it changes often. Oliver doesn't have very long day sleeps - I'm lucky if he sleeps longer than an hour at a time through the day. Hope that helps .

Antheia: Grrr to the bikes!!! How annoying! Hope Orson has some undisturbed sleep today.

Blip: That sucks about the cars you're after being so far away . I'm sure something will turn up soon enough.

Peach: Hope you had a nice sleep .

Moose: How are you and Sammy travelling?

AFM: Oliver had a fussy day yesterday, and he had a couple of very, very green poos and vomited twice... so I think the vaccines did affect him a bit, poor little guy. He's been fairly okay so far today.
    Well, I've been packing more today... I think I'm doing okay, especially as I don't think we'll actually be moving until next Friday (a week!) now. The carpet probably won't go in until Wednesday. It's exciting, but I'm so impatient - I just want to move already, and be out of my crappy rental!

Well, Oliver has just woken up, so I better go feed him. Then we're off to meet DH for lunch at look at curtains.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Jul 2008

sterla- i just thought of a new 'thought' for oli's pic in your ticker "hrmm mummy i think my gubby finger prints will show up on that coloured curtion, better pick again!"

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

How is everyone enjoying their weekend?

Blip: Lol - yup, I'm sure there will be plenty of grubby fingerprints in my future!

Busy day for us. DH and my dad put our new curtains up - they look really good. Then we went into Spotlight and chose some curtains for Oliver's room too - some very colourful animal themed ones . Poor little Oliver didn't get much sleep as we were out and about so much - but he's crashed now. He's sort of learnt to squeal - today when he got excited he'd let out a big squeal. We were standing in line somewhere and he kept grinning at the girl behind me and squealing at her, lol.

How is everyone else doing? We get a bit quiet around here of a weekend, don't we? Hope everyone is well .

Jul 2008

sterla : yay for squeals! good to hear that the house is comming along! not long now!?! as for finger prints, i think we *all* have that installed for us!

AFM: its been a strange weekend. well not strange but...differant. friday night we *thought* we where haveing friends over (with their three kids, their youngest is 6 months older then daz...and she's a cutie pie!) but something got lost (AKA as DH and his mate orgainsed it...MEN! haha) and then we thought that DH's mate and only the kids where comming around then not then they where (DH's mates wife is crook with the cold...and didnt want to give it to daz!) but in the end DH's mate and his two boys came around along with MIL& FIL. daz didnt sleep untill 11pm 'cus of our friends little boys (who are Very cute...hell the 2yo can spell eliphant ...something i struggle with!) on their way out we where talking about a new car and i said "we're getting me a bigger car becuase mines getting too small, and if we wait i'll end up pregnant and learning to drive a new car' which DH's mate said "you're UTD again?" and is said to him "Nope, if i was it'd be more like Guess what? DH knocked me up again! sorry to dissapoint you!" and today was ment to me car shopping then it was off to the reckers for DH with FIL for a part for FIL's STOOOPID car. (its a lemmon...has been for the past 17 years haha) but then nope it was the day DH filled around with his car and cleared up some minor rust and other...engine related stuff that ment he was covered in black stuff that wasnt oil or greese...mean while i got a GPS aaaaand attemted to lighten my hair with some DIY hair stripper...it did NOTHING! stoopid stuff. so in two weeks im doing it again with a differant one that i know works. 'cus im wanting to go a light blonde (yes i went from blonde to dark brown to red then lopped a whole lotta hair off... now i want blonde again...what can i say its a time of change for me...and i need a new 'me'!) but if i go blonde im going to get some lovely thick red and black foils put in by a friends friend as i'm not going back to work i neednt worry about it! hopefully tomorrow is car shopping...and monday...relaxing! then a quite week other then a MCHN appt for daz's 4 month checkup and needles *chringe* hears hopein' daz has gained waight! But i guess im not as worried 'cus ima taking in the WHO waight for lenth chart and telling the MCHN to shove that in her pipe 'cus WHO knows a little more then Ohh Paes VIC would about waight and hight wouldnt they? >insert evil laugh here<
    hope every one has a chilled out sunday!

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

*Peach thanks the internet gods*

IM BACK!
    Ok I know it hasnt been long but on friday I tried to connect and it wouldnt work, I got so upset and thought I was destined to never chat to my baby buddies again! Then DP just asked if I'd tried again,(no...) and he had a go and here I am!!

Good evening Ladies!
    How is everyone going? We have been so busy with moving, Winter teething, moving, and oh... moving!
    Love the new ticker Sterla.
    Hope everyone is well

Jul 2004

Where about did you move to Peach?

Not much happening here. We're planning on getting the kids to bed shortly and having some Pina Coladas! Yum yum!!

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

We moved to Ormeau, only 5 mins from where we were but its in surburbia as opposed to a gated complex surrounded by nothing(even though it was nice I felt so isolated) so now Winter and I can go for walks(which Im telling myself we will do everyday )
    Oh pina colada sounds AMAZING! niiiice!

Jul 2008

ello ladies!
    how are we?
    its been quite here!

we went car shopping yesterday my LORD it was worthless. had a guy try and talk me into a cruddy car (with DH :eyeroll: -ing it behind me! haha) and it rained. alot. strangely about 10mins before we left. the place we went to adverises its self as a good place to look...it was rather...pittful. well a huge PITA for us. daz did sleep well in the car though. i also think daz has thrush under his chin. its a red rash, so i've put dactrain on it (thats what i used in his mouth) as he had a little on his chin a few weeks back but the last few days he's been chundering more and even with more often clothes changes he's got this rash, so we'll see what happens i guess! tomorrow DH is at home...and i think he's working on his car...then tuesday DH and i are going to check out a car we found thats perfict (in theroy) for us...it only has a small ding in the rear 1/4 pannle which i dont mind as i've told DH that i'll most likely ding it myself in a bigger car (which he didnt mind LOL!) then wednesday daz and i go to the MCHN to see how big he is! well im off to bed...to try and sleep...no doubt daz will be up soon....am i the only one whoes bub isnt 'sleeping though' yet?
    night ladies!

Jul 2004

ello ladies!
    how are we?
    its been quite here!

we went car shopping yesterday my LORD it was worthless. had a guy try and talk me into a cruddy car (with DH :eyeroll: -ing it behind me! haha) and it rained. alot. strangely about 10mins before we left. the place we went to adverises its self as a good place to look...it was rather...pittful. well a huge PITA for us. daz did sleep well in the car though. i also think daz has thrush under his chin. its a red rash, so i've put dactrain on it (thats what i used in his mouth) as he had a little on his chin a few weeks back but the last few days he's been chundering more and even with more often clothes changes he's got this rash, so we'll see what happens i guess! tomorrow DH is at home...and i think he's working on his car...then tuesday DH and i are going to check out a car we found thats perfict (in theroy) for us...it only has a small ding in the rear 1/4 pannle which i dont mind as i've told DH that i'll most likely ding it myself in a bigger car (which he didnt mind LOL!) then wednesday daz and i go to the MCHN to see how big he is! well im off to bed...to try and sleep...no doubt daz will be up soon....am i the only one whoes bub isnt 'sleeping though' yet?
    night ladies!
    Orson only sleeps through some of the time. Like tonight he has just woken up for a bottle at 1:30am. Other times he'll sleep until 8am. Yesterday it was 6am.

Jun 2008

HEy Ladies,

Been MIA as our week-ends are always busy socially, whoever said that having kids slows you down was lying, I think we are busier than we used to be! LOL Sammy attended her first birthday party ( with mum amd dad in tow!) at her cousin's 2nd birthday! She was mesmerised by the candles...can't wait to celebrate her Birthday!! Shopping on Saturday and today DH is back to work, so a quiet one for mummy and Sammy as it is a beautiful day outside, we might go check out the surf and see if we can spot any whales or dolphins and if not, well the surfers are usually ok to look at too!!

We went to the paed on Friday and Sammy has gained 960gr over the last 3 weeks!! but the Dr was not overly happy with me slowing down her formula to 30ml as she said she still had some catching up to do. That made me a bit upset because I thought 180gr (last weeks gain) were more "normal" after a 400 & 360 gr week, I was worried about overfeeding her and was told "don't be silly, we don't need to worry about this just yet". The instructions to lower the formula came from the LC I see at the EC centre. I just wish that all practionners & LC's could just get their story straight cause I think what made me upset the most was that as a new mum, you try and make the best decisions for your bub based on information & sometimes recommendations given by the "pros" who are supposed to be there to help you. But they all seem have their hidden agendas based on their own beliefs. The Dr is telling me formula is not poison, etc...the LC says get her off formula as soon as possible. GRRR As I said to the Dr, I have no problem giving Sammy formula if it is needed and the only reason why I lowered it is because after 2 weeks of VERY BIG gains, I was worried that I was overfeeding her a bit and did not want her tummy to stretch and then we have issues later on because she is being "gorged" to gain weight. DH and I decided that we are gonna do WHAT WE THINK is best for Sam and not worry so much about what THEY say as long as Sam is healthy. It just makes me feel like I was caught ina war between the LC and the paeds and making me very confused...Anyway, the bottom line is Sammy has gained just under a kilo and is looking like a cute & healthy chubby bubba and that's what important!

Also, DH and I rekindled the flame this week, since our last attempt in April, I had not gone back down the path of DTD but you'd be amazed what a little KY jelly can do!! LOL Sorry if its TMI, but my insides still felt quite raw and the jelly made the experience HIGHLY enjoyable, so I recommend it if you are still experiencing discomforts down there.

Peach & Sterla: How exciting to hear about your new homes!! Hope the moves go well and that you enjoy your new homes

Blip: Sammy has gone backwards with sleep, for the last 2 weeks now, she has been waking up at 12:30 to 1:30am as well as 3:30 to 4:30 and then up again at 6. But on a couple nights, she doesn't wake up til 4:30am...there is no real pattern at the mo.. phew I am WELL over it and cannot seem to see why, it seems a long time for a growth spurt, but I guess it could be a lot of things...shots, her still trying to gain back her weight, teeething, etc I just never got used to it as from 6 weeks, she slept til 3:30-4:30am every night.

1PJ: Welcome back Good to see you are still about and Summer is going ok!

RRaver: more updates pls!! Just kidding, you give us updates when you can!

Antheia: Hope you are on the road to recovery and that you get a break from health issues too.

Okies, thats my update and its a mile long, there is more to tell you but will save it for later! LOL

Mxx
    Last edited by sydney moose; June 8th, 2009 at 08:32 AM. : spelling

... 21011121314 ...