Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 1st-15th 2010 #1

Hi everyone!!!!

How are we all??? We are doing good- DS had his first ever day of day care yesterday :O I think i was more worried than he was!! I called the centre like three times to check he was ok!! He was ofcourse- they said he did have some tears, but he was ok- he loved singing and playing outside! And lunch time!! And he even had a sleep!! I sooo didnt think that was going to happen!!!

Dr Tal>>>> to you for your big old boy- it sounds like your doing the bestest things to keep him happy for his remaining time xxoo It was funny reading your story about him and your DH, coz i have been on your DH's side of it with my husbands b!tch Molly. He had her for years before he met me, she was a bully x blue healer, gorgeous doggy, but she loved her master ALOT!!!! It took a bit for her to warm up to me- but she did eventually after i let her sleep in my bed whenever he came to stay!! After a while it was my feet she warmed up not his!!! Oh and re B sucking on the dogs.. we have a cute picture of DS sucking on our big fellas ear (he was a few months older than our lot now- he is actually holding it and smiling for the camera) too cute!!!

Jessey>>> I absolutely DETEST telstra!!! I had a random call from the other day trying to telemarket and i cut them off by saying "Sorry dont bother- I hate telstra" the lady calling was amaazed and tried to ask why- but i hjust hung up on her!! I loooove optus, they are the best!! And i know what you mean about them growing up too fast!!! DS is such an independant little thing i forget he is still so young, but he feel decades older than DD!!!! Not just two years!! They learn sooo much in that time!! He is trying so hard to speak sentences now and i see him thinking and forming the words and putting the little words in there to make it all sound right.. so cute!!

Delphmoon>>>> Cant wait to seee some pics of the baptisim- lol its alwasy the way- they know when to wake up!!!! Kaleisha sleeps like a pro- but she loooves to tag team- the second shane has gone to sleep its like she knows!! And up she gets!!! Even now- shane is happy having breakie and she is stirring, but hasnt quite woken up yet!! THEY KNOW!!!!

EJ>>>> Thats funny about Ds's name!!! I do remember you saying that about Danni, lucky really!! I like Travis anyway, its got a nice ring to it!! And yeah K is the same- she makes noises and babbles (well kinda croaks) a convo with me, but sometimes i cant tell if she is particularly happy or upset!! lol She doesnt cry too often so i think sometimes she is just having a bit of a complain!! lol And other times she is just havin a chat!!

Salad>>>> We have a house full of star signs here!! I am a Capricorn (earth), DH is Cancer(water), DS is a Leo(fire) and i tried hard to get an air sign.. but DD doubled up the water (another cancer)!! (i guess one day i might just have to try again!!)So far the dynamics are all working ok!! Our leo is definately the most "out there" (could have something to do with him being 2 years old though too!!) I love the whole astrology thing.. not so much the weekly stars etc, but the idea that our birth plays a part in who we are!!

OP>>>>> I love your epic posts!!! I dont know how you find the time!!!!!! Its funny you mentio the sleep cycles thing- coz i have just started obsessing about it!!! lol K is just starting to have some more awake time and nap time rather than just sleep all day and night, and this week i noticed she was only sleeping for the 40 minutes and not going through the cycle- it may have also been coz i have started trying to put her in her cot a bit too instead of on the couch in the lounge room or the bassinette, but yeah i started trying to get her back to sleep- and like you i had a giggly smiley happy baby with no intention of going back to sleep- but an hour later off she would go on her own- so i think i will follow your lead and stop obsessing, if she is happy- i will let her do her thing!! She is only having one wake up at night, so i am not too worried at all!

I am a bit curious about her feeding though- she is just so different to DS.. he was contantly feeding- and i mean constantly, if he was awake he was on the boob- if he was sleeping he was on the boob, but she just seems to not need it as much and she is putting on more weight and looking much better for it!! But i dont feel as full, if that makes sense- i was still using breast pads at this stage with shane coz i was so full i was still leaking, but i stopped using them a few months ago and i am just worried that im not making enough milk and i might loose it!! I am probably jsut stressing, she is chubby as, plenty of wet and poo-ey nappies, its just different! I feel like i am starving her!!!! But i know im not coz she is a chubba bubba!! (only 00's here, but still, DS wasnt in 00 until he was about 5 months old)

Speak of the angel- she is awake now, hello to everyone out there!! catch you all soon!!
    xxoo

Default long rant- sorry guys.

oops, didn't realise I did a double post..

Good morning all.

I really need to rant about my evil SIL who needs a good swift kick up the backside.
    She is the same age as me and is currently pregnant. Actually she is the only person in the entire universe to ever be pregnant! She is a whinging, annoying and a bully of a SIL.

Last year when I first found out I was pg (after the m/c) she said "gee, you are greedy- you had your shot"...she was TTC and wasn't successful at the time and was obviously jealous I was pg. Throughtout my pg she had nothing but negative comments to say such as when I would say on FB that I have preggy brain she commented "well atleast you can get pg, see if you can stay pg this time"...and things like that. Despite being extremely cross I never confronted her about it because I wrote her behaviors down to TTC and I understand how frustrating it can be when its not working out.

Anyways, after Gumnut was born, I announced it on my facebook with a picture of gumnut etc- my evil SIL never commented or congratulated me or anything- never a word has been said. She has never commented on any of the photos I have put up of gumnut.

When gumnut was 3 weeks old we decided to visit one of DH's elderly aunties who lives closeby to evil SIL. It is a 4 hour trip for us through the city so we decided just to see the aunty and not worry about evil SIL as they can come and see us anytime.

The next day I found an abusive post on my facebook wall from the SIL demanding why we didn't visit. I explained that we didnt have time- only had an hour and are not yet used to travelling with DD and tried to make the trip in between feeds. She replied well obviously you dont breast feed (which I do) and was just generally down right rude. I replied asking her what her problem is..in which she swiftly defriended me and that was it.

Anyways- we went to an aunties party not that long ago and evil SIL who still hadn't met gumnut sat 2 metres away from us and didnt even glance our way. Eventually I told DH to take DD to met DH's brother (Evil SIL's hubby)...I tell you I could have smacked her....she had nothing but bad comments to say- she said that fathers shouldn't change girls nappies and just generally crapola like that...

Now getting to current events- Gumnuts baptism- we invited local family. My DH has a massive family spread all over vic and we figured it was a long way for everyone to travel for 30 mins of baptism so we invited family that lives here...in hindsight we should have atleast given people the option but we didn't want them to feel they had to travel YKWIM?

So ofcourse evil SIL found out about the baptism and has commented on FB that she wish she could pick her family and how she wouldn't pick us- she is obviously very annoyed. I want to kill her...but I respect my hubbys family and don't want to rock the boat....

It has taken me almost 2 hours to write this...DD is having a grizzly morning. I just wanted to rant to someone about evil SIL...god she pees me right off..

Thanks for reading I feel better now

Hope everyone is well.

LOL-

SB...I went to press send but saw your post so I might aswell reply here.
    I wouldn't worry about DD feeding less than DS...as long as she is a chubba bubba its all good I think I think around now is when your breastmilk supply stabilises so you should be leaking less and have a balanced supply which sounds like is whats happening with you. I can sympathise the 'starving her' bit, but as my lactation consultant says- the baby will let you know if its hungry....it will scream and scream and scream...big to you- don't panic.
    HAHA about your DS and DD 'tag teaming'- it must be hard with 2 kids- ones hard enough- but you have a good sense of humor about it all. I think that makes all the difference.

Ok- now I really must go...catch you all...oh....I have some photos of gumnut up- And Dr T- B is adorable!!!!! he is sooo cute!!! well done.!

SB - my DS is so different to my DD was when it comes to BF, he likes to drink and when he is done he is done, my DD on the other hand she loved to just suck away and fall asleep on the boob, she was BF to sleep but DS, gets gently rocked or he takes himself off to sleep, another thing that my DD never did. She always needed help to get to sleep.
    My boobs never feel full either and I thought the same as you surely I am not making enough milk but he is happy and sleeps and is huge so I stopped worrying.

Delph - my god what a SIL, you just dont need those worries in life, it was kind of the opposite for us, my SIL had her babies first and we lost two babies, just after we had lost the second baby in horrific cicumstances she made a comment to us that she wanted to go back to work and didnt want to be a full time mum just a part time one - hmmmmm ok

Dr Tal - how is you big boy going?

OP - wow thats great about the ABA course, it wont be long before you are all trained up.

AFM - I am typing this from my new little netbook comp, its tiny just has a 10 inch screen but its perfect for what I wanted to do, DH and I are always fighting over the laptop, so this is perfect now.
    We brought DD a big girls bed the other day so going to set it all up soon and do up her room, oh gotta go she has just woken up with a temp of 39 and holding her neck, I would say she has a sore throat

Okay, I am going to try to get something written before B wakes up again. I apologise if I don't get to someone. He's not been sleeping well this week, I think he might have a bit of a cold. His nose is runny and he's been very iritable which is unlike him. Poor little mite.

Salad - My big boy is doing really well. He seems to be getting around pretty good (always seems to find us when we have food ) and since DH put the ramp up he's been going in and out of the house on his own. He mostly just sleeps in the living room though, which is really no different to what he did before he went blind!

I have a netbook too and I love it. Took me a while to get use to the keyboard though because they keys are so tiny and I was use to a full size keyboard because of work.

I hope your DD feels better soon. Definitely sounds like a sore throat.

Delph - sorry to hear youhave such a horrible SIL. I know how horrible that can be. That was such a horrible thing to say about you 'already having had your chance'

SB - I bet that is a cute picture of your DS sucking on your dogs ear and smiling for the camera.

I had a good chuckle when you were saying about your DH's dog and how she keeps your feet warm at night now

Also try not to worry toomuch about not having enough milk. If K is gaining weight and is happy I'm sure you have more then enough.

EJ - yeah I've been advised not to ride my horse for a bit. I haven't been able toanyway because of the appendisitis and now my 'almost a hernia'. I have finally found my pelvic floor muscless again though, thankfully and have been exercising them religiously.

Jessey - Hope your move goes well. I'm not very fond of telstra we had an issue with not recieving our bills and then getting overdue notices for bills we never recieved. I'm with Optus now, have never had an issue with them.

OP - Wow in size 0 clothes already. X must be REALLY long!

My DH was the opposite to your DH in that he was a CAT person. So I think he pretended a lot about not liking my dogs becacuse he was supposeidly NOT a DOG person. I have to laugh now as he has his own dog!

That's funny about you just starting to put X in his cot for day sleeps as I have just started to do that with B as well. Before I would just put him wherever (that sounds bad, it's really not) but on his play mat or on the bed next to me, or the couch or wherever was near what I was doing IYKWIM.

Jacki - If you're stalking I hope things are going better with you and DS2. Is your mum still over helping you out or did she have to go home. I've been thinking about you

M2A - If you're stalkig I hope you're going okay too. I often think about you with your two little ones on your own. Stop in and let us know how you are going.

AFU - I've been on the phone to the US embassay for about a total of 4 hours over the past few days. Trying to organise what I need to get B registered as a US citizen as well (so he'l have dual citizenship). It looks like I am going to have to fly down to Sydney to 'present' him to the embassador general Something about him not being able to become a US citizen until he's set foot on US soil and the embassy being officially considered the US or some bull like that. Oh well.

HI all.

Its quiet in here- our babies are keeping us busy hey!

Dr T- How adorable for your DH to build a ramp for your big boy. It sounds like its buisness as usual as that big boy is settling in well with being blind! Sorry to hear B is alittle sick. Has he been getting increasingly cranky or does it just take the wind out of him? Little gumnut is a cranky girl too at the moment- she is still sleeping well, just generally sh***y sometimes.

I have popped some photos up of gumnut if anyone want to have a peek!

Hope your all well

Hi ladies

I'm still here. Reading everything, but waiting for when I can get on big computer to write proper reply!

X getting weighed and measured tomorrow so will pop back and at least jot down his measurements!

hi all,

i am typing one handed so apologies for lack of caps...lol...dd is nestled nicely in my arms and its cold and rainy outside- perfect time for a snuggle.

hi op

dd was measured yesterday. She is 5.6kgs (11pound something lol) and 58cm long. We are right at that stage where size 000 is too small and size 00 is alittled too big. Who is it that is in 0's-? whoa

ahhh, better get off the comp and continue gazing in amazement at my little girl who has now curled up right into my booby...nawwww

Default I'm back :)

Hi, I have been so lazy on here lately :s .. sorry .. how is everyone? And babies?

Miss Ayva is over 6kg .. shes doubled her weight I still havent heard from their dad .. And he still hasnt been sentenced .. Been going a lloonngg time ..

Aiden did his first pee in a potty last night .. yay .. He asked to have his nappy off and sat on the potty for half an hour till he peed, but he wont go near the potty today ..

My newest hobby is sewing .. hehe .. Been making baby clothes .. Oh And i started a page on facebook selling baby hair clips too

And i saw quickly above about optus, I've just signed up with them, its 100 a month plus a free modem, 50gb and unlimited mobile, std, local and 1800 calls ..

oh and Ayva has two teeth coming in .. .. Been very grumpy .. but she sleeps really good .. Usually 10ish till 5ish .. someties longer, sometimes shorter .. But hardly at all during the day, unless im holding her .. lol ..

And another question, how do you get the cool pictures next to your name?
    xxx
    Last edited by mummy2aiden; October 15th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

oh dr tal, i'm reading the posts after posting .. i must be telepathic, lol .. knowing you were thinking of me .. hehe xx

edit: the us embassy is built on us soil .. it got shipped over .. lol .. just if you didnt kno ..
    Last edited by mummy2aiden; October 15th, 2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: adding something

X weighed today... He's 6.82kg, 90th percentile.

But he measured 68cm in length, which is on the 100th percentile

No wonder we are in zeros!!!!

Delph - it was us in zeros!

OP- Omg. No wonder he's in o's. A tall bubba AND i love you picture thingy (whats it called- mental blank.)

All is going well here. The cold weather is annoying. Its hard to get out and do anything with weather like this. I'm lucky though because when DH gets home from work I literally bolt out the door so I can go into town and have a coffee and shop or something. I have been going to mothers group and I just love being around all the other mummys and babies. Some of us mums always stay at the centre and chat for hours until eventually we get kicked out...lol.

I have a meeting with work next week to negotiate my returning to work. DH and I have decided that I will go back to work full time and he will be a SAHD. Reasons being that we can live off my wage whereas the 2 of us would have to work if I went back only part time. Also, if I went back part time I could only work weekends (as DH is at work during the week) so we would never be able to have a family day or sleep in together or anything. Im looking forward to returning to work- but I'm nervous for DH. He does an awesome job but I'm just paranoid- what if she has one of her 'screamathons'...how will he handle her....errrr. I have been driving myself crazy....I just have to trust that it will be ok

oh...and M2A....glad to see you. Ayva is beautifuL!!! Congrats!!!. and she has teeth coming through?? Looks like your getting some good sleeps in too! well done

Ok...better go. Lily is sound asleep with DH on the couch so I got to have a 10 minute shower this morning....lovely!!! now I'm going to have a coffee and wait for my family to wake up

Have a great day everyone xxxx
    Last edited by delphmoon; October 16th, 2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: just added bits and pieces :)

Delph - That's fantastic that your DH can be a SAHD. I'm sure he will be fantastc with gumnut, but I know what you mean about worrying. I always stress when I leave DH with B even if it's only for an hour

OP - Love your new avatar!

Wow X is a tall boy/ 100% percentile

M2A - So glad to see you again! Ayvahas really grown, and wow what a cutie she is!

Actually I didn't know that they had soil shipped over from the US to build the embassy on. Doesn't surprise me though....us Americans can be a bit odd

You can get the picture next to your name (an avatar) if you pay to be a platinum member. If you are one, you send an e-mail requesting one.

So Ayva has teeth coming in....I was looking at B the other day and thought he might be getting teeth, but then I thought he was too young and I must be imagining things. But if your little girl is getting them then maybe he is teething as well.....on top of being sick

AFU - has B into the doctor Friday. He'd only peed twice in about 12 hours so I was concered he was getting dehydrated. Apparently he has Adeeno virus (not sure if that's spelled right) When older kids get it it's just a runny nose, and not real serious, but babies get really bad symptoms. Poor baby has a rash, conjunctivitis, a fever, a runny nose, a sore throat and is just generally miserable. He was also dehydrated, so the doctor told me I had to try and make him feed every hour. As far as dehydration goes he's really good, now, but his rash has gotten worse but I think his fever is down and his eye is looking a lot better. AND as I mentioned earlier, I also think he's teething. He's still not crying really though (which is a bit surprising) He's just really unsettled, is kind of whimpering a lot and doesn't want me to put him down at all, so basically I've been holding him for the past 48 hours straight.

Speaking of which I put him down when he fell asleep and he just woke up, so I'm off again.

oh Dr T- how stressful and poor B! What an awesome mummy you are though...your doing an amazing job. I think I would panic when DD gets sick which is kind of silly considering I'm a nurse but geez- I nurse adults not children...LOL...I wouldnt have a clue- so good on you for trudging along. I had never heard of adeno virus, but it sure sounds like a miserable experience for poor B. I hope he gets better very soon
    With the teeth thing- it seems that it varies from baby to baby (like everything) LOL...My gumnut is drooling and sticking everything in her mouth and has moments of total irratibility....not sure if its teething but there are some white spots appearing

Big to you all xx

Oh, by the way who do I email about the avatar. I recently paid for a platinum membership but havn't received any info :0

oh Dr T- how stressful and poor B! What an awesome mummy you are though...your doing an amazing job. I think I would panic when DD gets sick which is kind of silly considering I'm a nurse but geez- I nurse adults not children...LOL...I wouldnt have a clue- so good on you for trudging along. I had never heard of adeno virus, but it sure sounds like a miserable experience for poor B. I hope he gets better very soon
    With the teeth thing- it seems that it varies from baby to baby (like everything) LOL...My gumnut is drooling and sticking everything in her mouth and has moments of total irratibility....not sure if its teething but there are some white spots appearing

Big to you all xx

Oh, by the way who do I email about the avatar. I recently paid for a platinum membership but havn't received any info :0

Double post again!!! Grrr...this has been happening to me all day! sorry folks.

Dr tal: Yeah, I though I as imagining things too lol .. But I added photos today to my belly belly album, and in one of them you can see her teeth coming up .. They havent broken through yet, but you can see and feel them .. How is your little boys hypospadias [sp?] Im pretty sure it was you .. I think .. Poor bugger being sick .. Ayva had conjunctivitis a few weeks ago .. I had no idea what was wrong, she wouldnt open her eyes and they were puffy so I rang the ambulance .. Aiden never had it .. But they told me the antibdies in breastmilk can help it, and to squirt it into their eye! And yeah, i had a school excursion in yr6 to the indonesian embassy, and e drove around looking at the others an they told us that .. lol

Op: OMG he is so big lol .. I have an appointment next week at the health centre with a counselor and they do baby checks in that building too, so If I can I'll get ayva weighed, see how shes going .. she needs another injection too .. last time i went they didnt have one and i was supposed to go back in last week but havent yet ..

Delph: The sleeps are amazing .. lol .. After she wakes shes in my bed the rest of the night/morning

Just thought I would drop in quick to tell you girls with teething babies ALREADY MY GOD to rub a little bit of lemon juice on their gums where you see the white if its trying to pop through. I thought this was an old wives tale as I was told by two different old timers but we tried it with DD and sure enough the next day they were through. Its suppose to harden the gum so the tooth can break through. The lemon juice should not bother them as they have different taste buds to us. DD loved the lemon juice lol. You only need a very small amount. If that doesnt work and you want some natural relief try Hylands Teething Tablets they are sensational, or amber teething necklace some people swear by these. It must have worked for us because we used both of those things, I dont know if it was just DD but she never suffered teething, never even knew teeth were coming through unless you looked in her mouth.

Does it matter if its lemon juice straight from a lemon? or the stuff in the bottle? I dont usually keep a lemon around .. lol .. And I've been looking around at teething necklaces .. Even if they dont work, they look pretty .. lol Thanx

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast