Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 1st-15th 2010 #1

I have used both fresh and from a bottle.

Hi All!!

Just popping in quckly, nearly bath time...

Dr Tal-- I have had a little bit of experience with the who dual citizenship thing- i was born in America to Australian parents- i get citizenship there just for being born there- but i didnt get to become an australian citizen until i came here when i was seven. And now when i fill in forms i put the date i arrived in autralia as the day i became a citizen. I do know somewhere there is a form from some official place saying its all good- but im not sure what my parents did once we got here.

My brother recently went back to the states for a visit and he had no worries going back there (he was 4 when we arrived in Australia) he didnt have to get a visa or anything, he could just go there and come back no dramas.

Well sorry short and sweet- i will be back for a full post tomorrow on my one child free day!!

SB - I think it will be really good for B to have dual citizenship. Both for when we travel to visit my family, but also it will give him options when he gets older. I'm going to be going for my Australian citizenship soon....well when I pull my finger out and get the forms to apply

Salad - A lemon huh? I actually have one in the fridge, so I'll have to try that when B wakes up. I've never actually heard that one. Also where would I get an amber necklace from?

M2A - I'll have to go check out your album to see if that looks the same as B

I've heard that about squirting breast milk in the eye for conjunctivitis. I've not done it for B....yet....because the doctor said it was a symptom of this virus that he has and that when he's over the virus his eye will clear up...also because it's not really BAD either IYKWIM. I've just been keeping it clean my washing it with a warm washer ever hour or so.

Delph - For your avatar you e-mail one of the moderators...can't remember which one. But if you go into the platinum member section there is a thread in there that tells you all about who to e-mail and what information to give them and all that.

Sounds like your little gumnut might be teething as well. That's the exact same thing that's happening with Brock...white spots and all!

OP - Keep forgetting to say I LOVE your avvy!

AFU - B seems to be getting better during the day..as in he's a lot brighter and his rash is going away and he doesn't have a fever anymore. But his nose is still really runny, so at night he gets really stuffed up and really snuffles and seems to have a hard time breathing So I've not been getting a whole lot of sleep myself because I worry about him stopping breathing so am constantly getting up to check on him.

The doctor gave me a saline solution to spray in his nose which is suppose to help break the snot up, and it really works well during the day, but I have to do it nearly every hour at night and he really doesn't like it. I'm surprised he's not started crying now every time he sees me as it seems like all I ever do to him at the moment is wash his eye (which he doesn't like) give him baby panadol (which he doesn't like) or squirt saline solution up his nose (which he HATES) Yet he still smiles and giggles (it's sort of a very snuffly giggle) at me and gets SO excited...go figure!

Dr Tal - My DD used to giggle when I would put saline in her nose then suck the snot out with the aspirator, it must have been the sensation of sucking the air out of her aswell, it was so cute.
    As for Amber teething necklaces I got mine from sunshine n lollipops google it or its sunshinenlollipops dot com I think a lot of BB people get theirs from there, be careful of fake imitations.

AFM - something terrible happened to me this morning, in the mornings when I have a shower I out E on his play mat in the middle of our KING SIZE bed and DD usually gets in the shower with me or plays in the ensuite while I shower, I shut our bedroom door but keep the ensuite door open so I can see E. This morning DD shut the ensuite door on me when I had conditioner is my hair so I frantically tried to wash the conditioner out, jumped out of the shower and heard a cry, I thought it was DD and she had fallen off the bed or something, but then the ensuite door slid open and she was stranding there looking at me and E was laying on his back on the floor. **** I panicked he was crying she must have dragged him off the bed or tried to lift him and dropped him. He stopped crying as soon as I picked him up but I was so worried he had concussion or something. I gave him a bath and checked him over and he is fine and still seems fine but it was so so horrible.
    Also I have been having heaps of trouble sleeping again, some nights I dont go to bed till 1am coz I am just not tired then I cant get to sleep, and sometimes I dont get to sleep until I have fed E at 6am, thankgod DD and E sleep till 9am + or I would be getting no sleep at all.
    I dont know what is wrong with me, sometimes my shoulder starts to hurt for no reason and I get worried about female heart attack symptoms (I know I know hypocondriac) but mum says that it can be a sign of not enough sleep and it has a special name.

Anyway enough about me. Talk later xoxoxoxo

HI everyone !

Salad- scary stuff. When I was 10 or something I tried to pic up my cousin (who was a baby) and I dropped him...he was fine but even now- 20 years later I cringe.. I am glad E is fine and I bet DD want be doing that again! Regarding the sleep thing- are you particularly worried or stressed about anything? You must be exhausted! With the sore shoulder- do you have gall bladder problems?

Thanks Dr T for the info- have emailed and all is sorted Hope everything is going well with you and I hope B is feeling better

everyone else.

AFU- I am getting fit and healthy as of last sunday! I go back to work soon and I tried on my uniform....hmmm alittle tight and my pants won't even do up I jumped on my eclipse trainer thingy that I bought 2 years ago (and have never used) and it started smoking and had this awful burning smell happening...5 minutes into my workout that I had been psyching myself to do all day!!! Anyways, I dug out an old exercise video and have been doing that instead. DH sits and watches the women on TV...if he so much as looks as me I'm yelling "DONT LOOK DONT LOOK" oh well, I will get there....

Gumnut is a sleepy bubba of late. Regular naps...growth spurt? She has been doing AWFUL poos- green smelly and disgusting. She is partially EBM and FF now- will not accept the boob at all but atleast she has the breast milk....

Shes awake!!! Hope everyone is fabulous! :P

Hi ladies

On the computer so probably another mammoth post as I try to catch up on everything while DS sleeps and DD is with the ILs!

Delph - good work on the getting fit regime! Hope you can keep motived and get back into your uniform! When are you back to work? Where do you work?

Could be a growth spurt with Gumnut - is she feeding more? They do hit a growth spurt around 3-4mths.

WRT the green poos - could be the formula doing that, I've heard their poos change when they go onto FF! Keep up the good EBM work!

Sal - big hugs, how scary I had a similar experience when X was little, only a few weeks old - he was in the bouncer, on the floor, but not strapped in to it (learned that lesson fast...) I'd ducked into the kitchen, heard him squawk and poked my head back around the door and he was on the floor DD had sort of tried to pick him up and he'd fallen onto the floor. So scary.

How is E today???

WRT your sleeping... that really sucks. Hope you can get some good rest some time soon. And your shoulder - is the pain around your shoulder blade? If so, I get that too and its from bf apparently! I've had some treatment by an osteo but it keeps coming back so I just try to stretch it out between feeds and that seems to keep it at bay.

Dr T - you are a fabulous mummy (mommy? ) and there is no way B will ever hate you! I went through a similar thing with DD, when she was a bit older, close to 12mths... she got eczema and then got a staph infection in it and we had to give her oral ABs, the solution tasted so revolting, we basically had to team effort, one person hold her down the other squirt in her mouth and try and stop her spitting it back out. For ages afterwards she wouldn't even let us give her panadol, it was terrible. DH and I both felt like the worst parents ever. But she has forgotten... and looks like B forgets as soon as it's all over!!! The alternative would be much worse don't forget

We are hoping our kidlets will be able to get two passports - DH has two passports and one is a British passport so our kids can get them too. How useful would a British passport be..? Woo.

SB - how was your kid-free day?? Did you get lots done? I always find when DD is at my ILs' house I get heaps done around the house. I'm waiting for our accountant to call me now to finalise our end of financial year (how thrilling) so DD is at their place... very useful.

M2A - I'm loving your handmade clothes on fb, can I put in an order for X? lol... Good work, you are a very handy mummy! Yep, X is huge... how's Ayva, when are you going to try and get her weighed?

Hi to everyone else!!!

AFU: Can't remember if I posted about this or not, but X had an unsettled week or so when he picked up DD's bug... he was not happy overnight at all, he'd wake, feed happily enough but then scream as soon as I tried to change his nappy... so I'm doing speed-nappy change to try and stop him waking up DD (unsuccessful on a few occasions, so DH and DD had broken sleep too... ) and then he would not want the other side. So I'd try and put him back down, he'd scream as soon as he was out of my arms. So I'd pick him up, cuddle cuddle until he was dead asleep, try to transfer back to cot, scream. Tried to bring him into our bed, scream. So I spent a lot of time dozing in the arm chair in his room.

That was a fun couple of nights. Thankfully the last three nights he's back to waking just once, feeding both sides and going straight back to sleep. This morning he was awake when he finished feeding (unusual) but I put him down, he grizzled a little and I just stroked his face, then he starting babbling and slurping on his hands and so I went back to bed and he just went to sleep! Amazing.

We've started putting him in a big chunky night cloth nappy, so I'm not changing him overnight anymore... unless he does a poo... and we've also stopped wrapping him and he's in a sleeping bag. Growing up so fast!!!

4mth immunisations coming up fast... scary...

I forgot to say that his length is the length of an average 6mth old

But no teeth here yet!!!! I second the amber teething necklace idea, we didn't do it with DD but we are going to try with X... teething was not a happy time in our household with DD. Best try and avoid that if possible!

Ok better go do some work while baby sleep!!!! Hope everyone is going well!

OP - Glad to hear that X is feeling better again. I've been struggling to get B to feed on my right side because he gets really snuffly and has a hard time breathing. I've been having to pump and give him EBM from that side and letting him feed normal on my left.

I'm not looking forward to the 4mth shots. I am going to get DH to come with me. I can't believe X is the size of a 6 months old WOW!

Delph - you had me with your don't look don't look. I'm like that with DH. I have a couple of fitness video's and a WII fit (it only works it you treat it like real exersize and not a game, it's very easy to cheat if you want to) I hate him watching me because I feel like I have flappy bits wiggling everywhere!

OOOO I can't wait to see your avvy! Very exciting!

So glad to hear that gumnut is having regular sleeps now. Be's had fairly regular sleep for quite a while now and it's really nice because I can organise to do things around when he's going to be sleeping.

Salad - That must have been really scary. How is he going now? I'm sure he's going to be fine and I bet it scared your DD as well and she won't be going and doing that again anytime soon.

As for the sleeping, I don't sleep well when I'm stressed. And I know with your getting your website up and going, you're probably a bit stressed. I wonder if that might be making it hard for you to sleep. I went to an acupunturist about it at one point and he really helped me. I've also found de-stressing at night can help. So maybe read a book or I like to sit and watch my fish or comb my dogs. Just a couple of suggestions.

Speaking of your website, how's it's going? Is it up and running yet?

AFU - B is doing a lot better. His bug seems mostly gone, but he does still have quite a bad runny nose. I've been rubbing lemon juice on his gums and he doesn't seem to be drooling as much as he was and I'll be ordering an amber teething necklace for him on Friday.

He also seems to have perfected rolling, both from his belly to his back and his back to his belly. Although he still seems surpsied every time he rolls from his back to his belly. He'll end up on his belly with big wide eyes looking around as if to say..."how did this happen" cracks me up. He did a commando roll last night when I was cooking tea. He was calling to my girl and she was ignoring him, more interested in food, and then he started to roll, back to belly to back to belly and stopped right next to her then tried to suck on her paw The look on her face was priceless "you mean it can MOVE now???" Then she proceeded to attempt to lick his face off LOL. He also does circles when he's on his belly. I think he MIGHT be trying to crawl, and failign miserably. He'll just push himself around in circles till he gets fed up then he'll roll over onto his back and start to cry. He gets so frustrated by it all!

LOL Dr T....B is a treasure and all that rolling must keep you busy along with lots of laughs... at the sucking on the paw bit....priceless. Interesting you say the lemon juice is easing the drool...Gumnut is a drool factory- all over my face, tops, and hands...DH had gumnut up in the air yesterday and she was giggling at a big bit of drool plopped on his face... At her baptis she was given this cloth thing by her aunty to chew on and she knaws at it all the time...I practically have to rip it off her at the end of the day so I can was it. Hows your big boy going...and have you moved on from your tripping incident and getting down the stairs ok? I'm glad someone else understand my "Dont look" thing...LOL...I have a Wii but I havnt tried Wii fit- so you think its not worth a go? I will cheat if I can so maybe not.

I will be back later to post...DD requires feeding...what a pain...LOL

Its funny how Gumnut has a radar for when I am relaxed doing something...LOL...she just has to have my attention then...LOL

Anyway- where was I...

OP-It sounds like you have had a very rough time with X. Glad it is improving. With the wrapping- how is he handling not being wrapped anymore? I have been wrapping Gumnut since birth and over the past 4 nights she has been trying to 'break free' of the wrap...she gets grunty and moany and I am constantly getting up and wrapping her from 4am onwards. I am considering not wrapping her and using a bag instead but Im worried she won't sleep aswell- I put her to bed at 9pm and she doesn't stir til 4am.

And yes, OP- 4 month needles

Also you mentioned teething being a difficult time for DD- what kind of things happened? I';m interested to know so I am prepared for all things with gumnut

AFU- I still negotiating my return to work contract. I'm trying to organise set shifts so DH and I can prepare. I am not sure now if I want to do day shifts- so I am there for gumnuts night routine, and am home for tea with DH, or should I do evening and be there for morning hugs but not evening kisses? I am soo confused...I don;t know what to do OP, I am a nurse- I am looking forward to returning to work because I miss my people and my job, but I am so heartbroken to leave DD

As for my fitness- DH, DD and I all go for walks in the evening. Its awesome to spend such quality time together. DH takes gumnut out of the pram and helps her feel the leaves of the trees and shows her the ducks and all that...so heartwarming to see them both enjoying each other so much....

catch you all again soon xx

Hi Girls, I just wanted to pop in here to let you know that if you dont hear from me for a while its because we got some horrible news last night. Last thursday DH had a mole removed and it has come back as a Malanoma Clark 4, he has been referred to Peter Mac in Melbourne for further surgery and scans etc they say they got it all but I guess they want to check lymph nodes etc. I am sorry I am a mess I am typing through tears. He is my best friend we have been together since we were 15, nearly 15 years. I am so scared. If you guys want to add me on facebook or want my email just PM me.

Talk soon hope you are all well xoxo

oh my gosh!

What a frighting time for you both. I hope you have alot of supportive people around you during this time. Its easier said than done, but try not to lose faith or hope that things will be ok. Technology has come far in these areas and you will be surprised what can be achieved. I know it doesn't change the fact that DH has serious health issues going on- I would be a mess too if it were my DH.

I really don't know what else to say other than I will definitely be thinking of you and hoping everything goes ok...

OH by the way, your inbox is full- I cant PM you
    Last edited by delphmoon; October 21st, 2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: re inbox

oh no Salad.. that is scary news Hang in there darl... i will try to PM you later when you might have had a chance to empty your inbox xxoo

Salad sending all my positive vibes your husband's way.
    I really hope everything will be ok. Sending big squishy your way

Sorry for the brief reply 2 cranky girls screaming
    but couldn't read and not post

btw i'm back

salad: I hope your ok! I'll add you on facebook if you like? ..

op: Thanx! Im having so much fun making clothes and Im sure the little pink dress would suit X perfectly .. hehe

dr tal: Ayva cant roll from her back to her belly yet, but she makes it to her side and gets stuck .. then Aiden rolls her back on to her back .. lol .. but ill put her on her mat whilst I do the dishes, and by the time i look back to check her shes turned around the opposite way .. lol ..

Anyay, I better be off I have visitors ..

Oh and I moved houses a little while ago too .. And while i was moving, there was so much mould at my old place .. It was discusting .. behind all the big stuff that doesnt get moved .. Like all up the wall behind the big buffet and hutch thingy i have .. Behind bookshelves, couches etc .. so, i have an all new leather lounge suite and 7 piece dining .. its very nice Byeeee xxx

Sal - I hope both you and your DH are doing okay. I know it's easy for me to say, but try and stay positive.

M2A - That mould sounds disgusting!

JEssey - How'd the move go? How are you liking your new place?

Gotta run, my big boy doesn't seem super impressed that B is sucking on him

M2A: we had a huge mould problem at our last place- similar story to yours. We found it when we were moving. I was shocked because I always air my house out. We have a similar problem at this house. Frustrating as I don;t know what to do about it. Anyways, I hope you are loving your new place.

Dr T, Jessey, And SB And Salad, if your lurking, I hope you are OK

AFU. I have a terrible confession to make. I am a bad mum (I think). Seriously. The story is- On Friday I went to visit my dad 4 hours from here. We left straight after DH got home from work so that by the time we get to dad it will be in time for gumnuts final fed and bedtime (we are routine driven...LOL). Anyways, it was a sticky, muggy hot evening and damn it...we got lost on a busy highway. Gumnut was screaming her head off and we had to turn the air con off because the car was overheating. We pulled over on the side of the highway to try and soothe gumnut and find out how to get to dads. We were lost for about an hour but found our way but unfortunately we still had 2 hours to go

Gumnut was SCREAMING by this stage and we couldn't settle her. I tried giving her the bottle, i tried singing, I tried everything. I was almost in tears cause her face was bright red and she was almost vomitting she was crying that much. I told DH to pull over (it was 930 at night by this stage and 1 hour past gumnuts bedtime). Anyway DH pulled over and I took gumnut out of her car seat and brought her in the front with me...I put the seat belt across us and told DH to dive. He was totally shocked and looked at gumnut who was now calm and looking like sleeping an second. I looked at DH and said "what else can we do?"

I didn't want to do it, but I couldn't soothe her any other way. I knew what she wanted (a cuddle with mummy) We couldn't let her scream for the next 2 hours. We pulled over 45 mins later, when she had fallen asleep, and popped her back in the car seat and eventually got to dads.

The thing is I know it was dangerous but I don't regret it. There was absolutely no alternative. We couldn't sit on the service lane of the highway for hours could we Anyway DH told me it was the most stressful drive of his life and it certainly was for me too. What would you guys have done?

Anyway- thats my massive post- its taken me 2 hours to do it...

catch ya soon!

Delph - You are not a horrible mum at all. That would have been such a stressful/horrible situation to be in and I probably would have done the same thing. I can't stand having B upset and it really gets me upset too, in that I don't like to see him that way. You definitely could't just leave Gumnut back there brying like that especially if she was so upset she was close to vomiting

M2A - I have to try to sneak onto facebook to see these clothes tht you're making!

Don't have much time as B sounds like he's waking up again. I can't remember how asked about my big boy. He's doing really well. DH and I took him for a walk for the firest time since he's gone blind last night and he did really well. You honestly wouldn't have been able to tell he was blind. I tied him to the front of B's pram so he wouldn't run into it and away he went. DH walked in front with the two girls so I think he could hear and smell them and he didn't even hesitate he was off. It was reallyg ood to see, so we're going to start our daily walks with him again!

grrr, Just wrote a long post and the goddamn net disconnected while i as writing and i clicked the post button and of course it dissapeared .. agh .. so I'm just going to write it all short . lol

Delph: Your not a bad mum .. I just had a long trip to the south coast and Ayva cried but ony for 10 mins then fell asleep ... I dunno what I'd have done if she screamed that bad..

Also, I'm planning on getting a 'De-humidifying Dry Egg' for every room .. Google them, They might help you

Dr Tal: I'll make my clothes album public and post the link here so you can see them

xxxx

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast