Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~March 16th-31st 2010 #3

Hi lovely ladies!!

Wow, our babies are growing up! Cam is still not rolling from tummy to back only from back to tummy, and that's pretty much it!! If I put him in a sitting position he lasts for a few seconds and then falls to the side. When on his belly he lifts his bum up in the air and brings up his knees but doesn't actually get anywhere, lol. Absolutely no sign of teeth either Drooling lots and that's about it. I don't worry about other babies doing so much more these days although it would be nice to see something new that he's learned to do! Oh well......

Teresa, sounds like Hamish is learning as he goes!!! I always pull things away from Cam if I thing he's going to hurt himself (like a hard plastic toy that he's banging his head into), I figure if he hurts himself a bit he'll learn not to be so rough! Yay for all Hamish's teeth!

Jelly, I constantly worry about Cam getting sick and now especially that we're in China as it's getting pretty cold here, but I also know that the only way for him to build up immunity is to actually get sick. We were on the plane and this guy was coughing and sneezing heaps not far from us and I was so sure poor wee mite would get sick but he was OK. I'd like to think he's a tough lil cookie!! lol.

HB, so happy Arlee is doing well and being adventurous, apart from the wicked number 11s under her wee nose!! Hope she's feeling better now.

Well we have survived 9 days here so far, no more falls (thank God) although I am convinced that there are boobie traps everywhere here!!! There's not a day that I don't trip on something, lol, my poor mum is so worried she's taken to carrying Cam all the time when he's not in his stroller. I'm sooooooooooo cheesed off at Quantas ATM. I rang 3 times before I travelled to ask what baggage Cam was allowed to have. They told me that he was allowed 10 kg plus one additional item like a stoller, car seat etc. I packed my stroller of course and his 11 kg bag, and the stupid witch at the airport told me he was only allowed 10 kg and that I had to pay extra for the 12 kg stroller if I wanted to take it with me. Long story short, I left the stroller behind and had to buy an al cheapo one as I have to leave it behind when I come back. Not happy Jan as he hates this stroller and isn't very comfortable in it. We still have a little less than 3 weeks to go.

Anyhoo, hope you're all well and your bubs are doing beautifully. Will write back some more later

B xxx

Hi Everyone!

We have all been so quiet!!!

Tiah is crawling and pulling herself up onto furniture now... STILL NOT SLEEPING THOUGH!!

We are woken up at least 5 times a night.... fun times

How is everyone else going?

Hey Meercat, it is quiet in here isn't it!

Glad to hear Tiah is going well, I wish I had the sleep answers for you but I don't sorry

We're going well here, just starting to pull herself up to stand, babbles all day long and is developing a real little personality. In the last week we have had so many bumps and knocks and falls and tumbles, her head is a few shades of purple! I'm not sure how much more I can take, and this is just the start ha ha I go back to work at the start of Feb and DD will do a 5 day fortnight in CC, bit nervous about it, but looking forward to getting back to work too (hope that doesn't make me sound like an awful Mom)

Hope everyone is well, and you all enjoyed a lovely christmas and new years

You dont sound like an awful mum at all! I have been back a couple of weeks now (2 half days a week) and I LOVE IT!!!!

It is hard and I miss her... but OMG the adult conversation! And I actually get to drink my coffee hot at work!

Hi ladies,

It has been so quiet in here, hey! Then again I haven't had much time to jump on lately

Well, I hope everyone had a lovely xmas with their wee ones and Happy New year to all !

Meercat, yay for Tiah crawling and pulling herself up! Feel sorry for you with her night sleeps....hopefully she'll start sleeping some big blocks soon. Cam was so good with his day sleeps in China sleeping twice a day for at least 1.5 hours at a time it was heaven. Now back home he is up to his usual tricks and often refuses to sleep in the afternoon. Little bugger!

HB, I'm sure it will be hard going back to work in the beginning but I think the human contact will be great! lol. Glad to hear Arlee is going well too. Except the bumps maybe! They are tough little devils

AFM, we came back from China a week before xmas and it was so crazy trying to do xmas shopping and adjusting back to life at home, especially as Cam found it so hard to adjust with his sleeping. For the first week back home he would go down at 7ish, then wake up at 9 and be awake for good 2 to 3 hours ending our nights at nidnight! Wasn't fun! Now DF is back in China for another 8 weeks but is coming back for 10 days midway through his trip so I don't have to go back with Cam. He didn't travel well on the plane so we thought it was just too much for him plus it's around 2 degrees now over there....

Cam is rolling around like a pro and even sits up all by himself for a few minutes but still not crawling or pulling himself up. I'm going to enrol him in the gymbaroo classes from Feb, should I enrol him as a pre crawler? I did term 3 with him last year when he was around 6 months, we then missed term 4 because of China, but if I enrol him in the pre crawler class he'll be there with little babies, some much younger than him!

Anyhoo, hi to everyone and I hope you're all travelling nicely

B xxx

hi lovely ladies.

i have been reading everyones replies but havent had a chance to reply!

its been really busy here at the moment with christmas and working and now i am busy planning Hamish's first birthday! i cant believe he is almost 1!!!! it has gone so quickly. invitations have been sent now to just organise food and a couple of games for the older kids to play.

we will also be starting cows milk soon. looking forward to that

Hamish's sleep patterns have also changed. instead of having cat naps during the day and getting up around 730am, he now gets up around 6-630 am and is having decent naps during the day of one hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. yay now i can vacuum and mop the floors without worrying about DH being home to watch him whilst i do it. he is busy crawling all over the place now and at every opportunity that he gets, he pulls himself up and stands up. just waiting for him to stand by himself now and start to take the steps. yay!

afm, i have to go to my gp soon and get that lovely glucose tolerance test done again. there goes another 2 hours of my life a year sitting in IMVS having bloods taken
    i might also get her to check my iron levels as i think they are low. is anyone else having rather heavy af since you had your babies?

anyway better go and rescue the tv from Hamish!

xxxx

Hey everyone!

Same here - always try and read the posts but very rarely get time to write. When I do reply, it usually gets lost and I can't be bothered writing it all again!

Teresa - wow, that has been a quick year! Can't believe Hamish is almost one! Sounds like you have a great party planned - enjoy! Yip, also having v heavy AF - so much so that I have big dizzy spells lasting up to about 15 mins for a few days before and during. Must get to my GP and get checked out.

Beata - Cam will get there in his own sweet time! Fraser still doesn't fully crawl, but does this seal thing where he puts his arms out and pulls, bounces on his belly, then kicks off his feet. I don't think he will crawl properly any time soon as he gets to where he wants to go as it is (and very quickly - he can get from one end of the house to the other as fast as any "normal" crawler) so he doesn't have the inclination. We're going back to Gymbaroo in Feb and going to the same class as before Christmas, which is the mobile babies one. Fraser was the youngest in that class last year (most of the others were crawling and walking and he couldn't even sit up) but he had a ball and loved it. Glad to hear you are back from China safe and well!

HB - ooh, the dreaded bumps and bruises. My heart breaks for Fraser when he hurts himself but he gets over it pretty quickly.

Meercat - how's Tiah's sleep going? Is she still feeding in the night? Hope you get some unbroken sleep soon!

As for us, all going great guns. The comedy value is really here now and I love every second I spend with my little man. He's such a little character. Like I said, doing this funny seal crawl but it gets him to where he wants to go. He'll pull up on some things (mostly the bath) but really quite happy as he is, which is great. The only downside being that he does little chucks from bouncing on his belly and I have noticed his weight has dropped a bit (probably due to this). I'm not worried as he has a bit of a buffer there, but my carpets are taking a real battering. Had to go and buy a carpet cleaning machine the other day - although I clean up as we go, there is always a few little patches that I have missed and it's a nightmare to get out. Food is going great! He'll eat absolutely anything we give him (lumps and all), which is such a relief, especially as we thought we were going to have some intolerance problems. I have finally been able to get him off the Novalac Constipation formula and onto the Novalac Gold, which I'm stoked about! It mixes so much easier and it's cheaper Still not going great on his milk - spoke to the CHN about it and she said he's clearly a baby who doesn't like milk and not to stress about it - just get calcium in to him by other means. He'll take his bottle first thing in the morning (240 ml), the remainder of which goes into his porridge and he'll maybe take 60 ml throughout the day. Before bed, he'll maybe take another 50 ml but that's it! So, lots of yoghurt, cheese, etc, for us!

Hi to everyone else!

Teresa, wow! Hamish is a good buy with his sleeps, isn't he? It really does help when they are sleeping like that GL with your glucose test hun!

Mia, so good to hear from you! I know we are all so busy now. So happy to hear that Fraser is doing so well. I think I am giving Cam too much milk!! I start with a 180 ml bottle in the morning, then I give him porridge or weetbix with cow milk, then another 160 ml bottle around 12ish, then lunch around 1.30 which is usually yogurt & fruit, then a 180 ml bottle at around 4.30-5, then dinner at 6 which is veg and chicken or if I am lazy one of those heinz jar things with pasta or something, then I usually finish off with a 240 ml bottle at 8.30. I have noticed though, that Cam is not really interested in the last bottle lately. Could I be overfeeding him and should I try to drop the afternoon bottle?? Last night he hardly had any milk at 8.30 and then woke at midnight hungry so I offered a bottle which he took, but I don't want to make a habit of that. On previous occasions when he hardly took any milk from his night bottle, he was OK and still slept through the night....

Beata - Great to hear from you too! I'm not too sure about Cam's milk intake. The CHN told me not to give him too much milk - at this stage, he should be taking between 400 and 600 ml a day (which it also says in one of my recipe books). We're probably nowhere near that so we just add in extra yoghurt (he loves lentils and veg, so I bulk that up with yoghurt) and he loves cheese (like his mum and dad) so we give him little sticks of cheese, or toast with cream cheese on! Luckily he'll take anything in food form!

DH's mum was over from Scotland staying with us for a fortnight and while she was here, I was still offering Fraser a bottle in the night if he woke. She said to me that although she knows nothing about children (DH is an only child and was brought up pretty much by his Gran), her doctor told her that after bubs reaches 5 kg, they don't need a feed through the night. What she did was put DH in a room so she couldn't hear him, and he started sleeping through pretty much immediately. I'm not of that nature, so I tried just giving him a drink of water if he woke and after 2 nights, he started sleeping through! Probably just coincidence, but who knows. Fraser has 2 x 1.5 hour sleeps through the day (9-10.30 and 2-3.30) then down at 7 and he sleeps pretty much til 7 am- it's bliss!!!!

What a good boy Mia! Cam is lucky to sleep 1.5 hours in the late morning (usually it's closer to 1 hr) and it's a bonus if he has a sleep in the afternoon. Lately he has decided one nap a day is enough. He used to go down at 7-7.30 pm and wake up around 7, but since China (don't know if it's anything to do with it, but DF thinks so) he goes down between 8.30 & 9 pm and wakes around 7.30. I would love for him to go back to his 7 pm bed time, but he won't. It doesn't help that because he is overtired from no afternoon nap, he is struggling to get to sleep at night. What to do!!

Hi ladies!

I'm not even going to bother trying to catch up, it's been so long! I'll just jump in here and try not to fall behind again! How is everyone?

Hi HC! Ha ha, you don't have a lot to catch up on! It's been soooooooo quiet in here! Hope you and Indy are doing well and enjoying the cricket! xxx

Sounds like there are some mobile babies now! Indy can walk along holding onto furniture, he's had a few good bruises from falls

He has two bottom teeth now and he has given me a few good bites, ouch! Anyone else had this problem?

Not on the boob cos he is bottle fed but the other day he crawled up to my feet and bit one! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep Rooey, we have two top and two bottom teeth and man oh man does it hurt if she gives me a bite. And they say you should not react, just firmly say no and move them away. Shyeah right, think a male must have had that brilliant idea. How on earth does one not react when they are getting bitten on the nipple?!

Hey lovelies
    Yeouchy! I can't imagine being bitten on the nipple. Fraser is FF but he used to pinch my arm when I was feeding him which was very painful. Had a few bites but nothing too severe. Fraser has both top and bottom front teeth through and the next top one is coming through!
    I do wonder when we'll go down to one sleep a day. Dreading that as I'll get nothing done! I rely on Fraser's sleep times to work and if I have enough time, to do some cleaning. He's been a bit more sleepy the last two days - he slept 3 and a half hours yesterday morning, then I had to wake him after an hour in the arvo to take him to the docs. Slept well last night too, going down at 6.45 pm and up at 6.30 am this morning. I was freaking about him sleeping too much as we had an incident on Australia Day. We had a party and while I was inside bringing some salads out, Fraser managed to launch himself into the paddling pool, face first. He was ok but what I could hardly believe is that a group of mums were sitting round the paddling pool chatting and none of them noticed! It took a friend sitting over at the table to jump up and grab him, and she's 6 weeks from having her second baby, so not very mobile. I got such a fright - asked them to keep an eye on him while I got organised, then half an hour later it happened again, but this time he really inhaled some water. Was choking as the same pregnant mumma (again sitting nowhere near the others) dragged him out. I heard him, ran out and tried to get him to take a deep breath. I launched the pool then (the irony being that we spent all last weekend putting up a pool fence so this wouldn't happen) so it couldn't happen again. Yesterday, he was breathing really deeply and wheezing, on top of his long sleeps, so I googled and it came up with dry drowning straight away. Off to the docs we went yesterday but we got the all clear (thank goodness- I had every scenario running through my mind) and the doc told me the same thing happened to one of his kids and he still has nightmares about it.
    Anyhoo, enough rambling about how bad a parent I am.
    Hope you are all well! x

Oh my gosh Mia, that would have been so scary! The first time Indy faceplanted in the bath (when he first started sitting by himself) I almost cried. I grabbed him straight away but he had inhaled a little bit and coughed for ages I can't believe the ladies sitting near the pool didn't notice *facepalm*.

Totally not baby related, but my KitchenAid food processor came today! DP ordered it for me in the post-Christmas sales, squeal! I'm in love!

mia - that is shocking! i cant believe no one around the pool did anything and it took a rather heavily pregnant mum to do something!

rooey - yay for a new food processor! we are going to get a thermomix towards the middle of the year. pretty excited about that

as for teeth, hamish now has 8! at least this time he didnt end up sick with a cold like he normally does.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast