Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~March 16th-31st 2010 #3

We're going through exactly the same thing Beata! It's been 2 and a half weeks since Fraser took a bottle "nicely". I rung Ngala and they told us to stop solids for a week to see if that would help - it has helped but now the poor munchkin gets so distressed when he sees us eating!

Great news on the results!

Hi to everyone else - sorry this is such a quick stop-in! xx

Hi girls,

Thanks so much for all your replies!! It really does help to put things into perspective. It's always been drummed into me that the milk is the baby's main source of nourishment from day one. That's why it's so important to me that Cam has his bottles. Lately I have been feeling so much guilt about not trying harder to bf, thinking that not only he is on formula, he appears not to like the taste, maybe cos he realises now how terrible this stuff is????!!!!! Sorry, I know I sound so stupid and I don't want to offend anyone ff, I'm just struggling with it all ATM. Today while changing his nappy, I imagined that his ribs are showing more.....how stupid! At my last MCHN app. at 6 months (wasn't supposed to get weighed as it was the food talk app. but we had time and she weighed/measured him) he was 8.2 kg. She said it was good. I think I will cut out the solids from tomorrow (I cut back a little today) and see what he does. I really pray that he picks up on his bottles soon. Today was like this :

100 ml at 8 am
    90 ml in his porridge at 10 am (counting this as full bottle)

NOTHING till 2.45 pm when he drank 150 ml (I deliberately didn't offer lunch thinking he will want a bottle)

dinner at 5.30 pm, half a packet of raferty garden's pumpkin, carrot and apple (he looooooves this, doesn't he!!!!!)

180 ml bottle at 7.30 pm.

Sigh......

Can only hope he does better tomorrow.

BTW, I've missed his 6 month needles last week. Does anyone know who I should be calling?? The MCHN or the number on the leaflet (I think it's a Medicare no.).

Hi to all and sorry for this 'me' post/vent, just feeling a bit 'blah' ATM

b x

big beata! I hear u on the FF guilt but I just remind myself that it was the best decision for us at the time, and in hind-sight I might have 'tried harder' but...well that's the thing with hind-sight isn't it? We'll be better prepared for next time

Blake missed his 4 month needles due to illness, and didn't have them till close to 5 months..I asked the doc if it would affect anything and he said no, just do the next needles at 7 months instead of 6...I think the nurse said that he might just miss out on the oral vacc cos they don't give it after 6 months.

Also, when Blake was checked at his 6 month MCHN appt on Fri he was 7.76kg and 67cm long - right on the curve thingy and chugging along nicely according to my nurse, so 8.2kg for Cam sounds great!!
    Apart from refusing bottles, is Cam generally happy and in good health? Could it be a phase? Cos i think i read somewhere that around this age a lot of mums mistake a breast refusal stage for weaning and if they stick it out and persevere bubs hops back on keeps going strong...? I dunno if that even made sense, lol (typing whilst watching Packed to the Rafters )
    I think cutting back on the solids will be good, if at least just to see what it is he really wants

Here's hoping things get easier soon!

ReeRee, thanks sweetie . I guess I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday......I also know that I have made the decision to ff after much thought and heartache, I know it was the best decision at the time. Like you, next time I will go into it much more informed and asking for loads of help!!! I guess with a first there is so much to learn and many mums need so much support. I didn't feel like I got it, or maybe I didn't reach out enough as the first 6 weeks was such a huge fog!

Cam is generally pretty happy, only whingeing when he is either hungry or sleepy (mostly sleepy). I have added a wee nap in the late afternoon which sometimes helps. When he is over tired he doesn't want anything to eat! This morning I offered him a bottle (his last one was at 7.30 pm) and he drank 110 ml. Not too bad. I will make him porridge around 9 am but then will skip lunch again today and see how he goes with his late morning/afternoon bottle. I will also offer more water during the day as sometimes his nappies are not too wet. It's good to know that maybe it's only a stage! I really hope so. With the needles, I rang the 1800 number on the immunisation pamphlet but was told by a recorded message to call back later so I'll try again today. Thanks so mch for your kind words ReeRee, I do feel a bit better today. I'll try and relax more and follow his lead I think....if things don't improve soon, I'll go and get him checked out.

Hi all,

Beata- Good news on the TTC stuff, now I hope you will be able to enjoy China with that weight off you mind.

About the milk feeds???? I'm also in the 'food for fun until they're one' camp. Adrian still has about 5 200ml bottles a day and he seems very satisfied with that, he is very curious when we eat dinner though and have started some BLS by putting bits of fruit and bread on his tray and letting him go at it. We sometimes do some spoon feeding with pureed fruit and vgies that i've made or siome rafferty's but i'm not too scheduled about it. My mum seems to want to spoon feed him a couple of times a day as i think she feels that now he is 6 months solids are neccessary, but i'm not too fussed. As long as he is happy and putting on steady weight I hope things get sorted for you soon

For the other ladies that are doing BLS, do your babies gag much? Adrian likes playing and gumming his bread etc, but sometimes gags a bit and brings up some vomit, but then goes right back to chewing. I'm not too worried about it as its obviously a reflex action to prevent choking but it gets messy.

Anyway, hope all are well.

hugs

Hey Beata, how's that gorgeous little man of yours going? I hope things are calming down

Jelly, my DD does gag every now and then, I actually thought it would be more often than it is. What I have noticed is within half hour of her 'meal', she sometimes does a juicy burp and brings up a bit of vomit, and sometimes little bits of food in it (sorry for TMI) The more adventurous she is getting though, the more the gagging is starting to happen. I think it's as she's really starting to move the food around her mouth more.

I love watching her eat, and can't believe how quick she learns things. When we first started only a couple of weeks ago, if she dropped it in her lap, she gave it no further thought. Now she reaches down and tries to retrieve the food she drops on either her lap or on the highchair seat. Simple, but wow. Changes every day

Hope everyone is going well, and have a great weekend!

Hi girls, I know I have been missing for a bit, tried to get into the other thread belinda did, but couldn't.

Anyway, i have some news! I am pregnant again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found out this morning, but by my calculations I am about 9 weeks, so that will mean 13 months between. Am totally freaking out. - I kinda thought I was but was in denial and wouldn't do a test, because it took me 20 months last time to fall.

Any suggestions! Matilda is only 6 months now!

Hey becc good to see you - and WOW on the news! I'm really excited for you - I can see how it's a little bit daunting, and whilst they're both younger it will be pretty full on, but you'll be over the nappy/bottle/baby stage quicker! I have had a really strong desire lately to want to TTC but am going to hold off for awhile, I can live the journey through you heh heh

Just thinking about baby stuff - you'll be able to reuse alot of Matilda's stuff. Did you happen to get a pram that can convert to a double? If you didn't you could always onsell your pram now before another 7 months or so use (less used more $ hopefully) and get one that takes a bub and toddler?

Congrats

Hey Humanbean.

Yeah I am still in shock I think and feeling a bit guilty because Matilda is still a little bub and feeling like I owe here more time by herself.

I didn't go back on the pill, as I thought there would be no chance because it took us so long last time and also it is not like we have been BD all the time, so I guess the saying it only takes one time, really is true.

I have been thinking about cots and rooms and stuff instantly. It is all very overwelming. and no my pram is not a convert to double thing either.

If you are getting the urge to TTC again, it obviously won't be too soon! I just wish I had a bit more time to loose a bit more weight! Am going to have to work at it twice as much now!

Bec - OMG Congratulations. Like human bean said - at least you get the whole baby stage over quicker. You must be really tired and overwhelmed! If you are looking for a double pram, we have the Baby jogger City Select and it's really good. Can be used for one or two with a seat/bassinet or both seats. Also, you can have the seats either facing you or away. Baby Jogger City Select Stroller (2010) - Free VIP Shipping & No Sales Tax!

Beata - that's good about your eggs. I missed the 4 month needles for Angus too, but they got done a bit late. We had to go to the doctors because the waiting list was too long with the child health clinic. How exciting going to China! When are you going again? I have been reading these, but haven't had a chance to do a reply.

Jelly - good to hear more stories about the BLS. I mentioned this to DH this morning and he was pretty keen to try it. He feeds Angus solids when he gets home from work, but I guess we will have to start doing two solid feeds a day soon.

Beata and Miamunchkin - I hope your feeding routine gets better. Sorry, I don't really have any advice.

As for us - I love the way Angus is developing! He is coming along in leaps and bounds. He still doesn't do the 'proper' crawl on all fours, but it is a combination of the commando crawl, bunny hops and pulling himself. He gets around so much and this morning DH and I were in the dining room having breakfast and he crawled out of the lounge room to us! Also, when I put his toys out in the lounge room I scatter them around. He looks around, chooses a toy and then goes for it. The phone book under the jumparoo is still his favourite and I can always find him under there chewing away. We didn't really notice the first tooth coming, but the second one is coming I think.

Anyway, he just woke up and we are about to go out, so I will come and type some more later

OMG Bec, congrats hun!! That's wonderful news! It's good I think when the age difference between kids is small, that's what I want too, but DF has other ideas For one, everything will be fresh in your mind of what to do with a newborn (you are a pro now!!!!) and also when they grow up, they will move out of home around the same time!! lol.

Hi ladies,

Either my computer or belly has been playing up lately.....lost 3 big posts so I gave up (I managed to post a short one for Bec and was going to come back to do persies and lost a post again )

Hope you are all well, will have to come back to do persies soon as I am totally out of enery ATM.

Big hugs to all xxxxxx

b

Beata that cracked me up about them both moving out of home around the same time

DD is sitting now, which is pretty cute, face plants now and then but recovers quickly! She woke up last week and decided she absolutely cannot be happy unless I am well within sight, and preferably holding her. ARghhhhh it's been doing my head in, all day long, feel like unless she's napping she is permanently attached to me. I'm sure it's part of the next wonder week and will pass soon enough - bring it on! (sorry to sound like a horrible parent but it can get really draining) Other than that all is good though, so I really shouldn't complain.

Hope everyone is doing well

Hey HB! Good to hear from you! Yay for Arlee sitting up all by herself! That's fantastic.

All good at my end. Getting a bit worried as Cam is still not rolling. Or sitting up. Or anything except chewing his toes off and saying mama all day long. And I hear you HB on the clingy thing. Cam gets himself in a hissy fit if I leave the room! Are there any bubs out there as lazy as my wee man?????? Should I get him checked out? Or am I getting paranoid now???

Thanks Beata, and whilst I can say you're worrying over nothing, I know how you feel - I can't help but measure DD up to all the other bubs in Mother's group etc. One of them sat up by himself and started crawling across the room last week and every Mom in the group started telling their bub to copy him lol me included!! BUT, and big but, they all develop at their own pace, and Cam will at his, he's just happy hanging out on his back! He'll get there hun, he will. As for teeth, we don't have any here either, so I can't blame them for the crankiness ha ha

With that said, if you want to put your mind at ease, can you drop by your health nurse? I'm sure she'll say the developmental ages and stages are just guidelines, but if it stops you worrying maybe you should? Hey how's the China prep going?? How long now?

Beata - I think they all just go at their own pace for sure! Tiah is the only one in my mothers group that cant sit by herself yet BUT she will blow rasberries at me when I make the noise for her, which none of the other babies can do yet.... so I just boast about that hahahahha

She doesnt roll from her tummy to her back... but I know she can because she was doing it for a while? Someone told me that sometimes once they master something they kind of put it too the side while they learn something else?

and

CONGRATULATIONS BEC!!!!!

Congratulations bec!!!!

Awesome news

Hi Ladies,
    Long time since i have posted, sorry

Congrats Becc! It will be difficult for you for a little while, until you learn to balance two children...but it is always worth it

There is so much our little munchkins are doing! Grace is doing well, She is still b/f and has started solids. For anyone worrying about weight...Grace is still only 5.8kg!!! She is on a custard diet to try to beef her up a little...but she is perfectly fine in every other way. I make her custard fresh every morning and she has it for brekky, lunch and dinner (after i have offered her breast) although she has had milk she still eats the custard. The midwife is hoping this will pop a bit more weight on her but still keep my milk supply going strong.

Re- development, babies are so different in the milestones they reach. It says nothing about how they will turn out when they hit school. My dd was early with everything...but struggles at school. My ds was behind in every milestone and is a clever little boy who is the top of his class! Don't feel pressure that your baby should be doing something because someone elses is!!

I hope you all are doing well!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast