Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2009 #3

Don't have time to post now but before it gets even later than it already is (though I know I said it on FB) .........................

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TADHG
    WELL DONE ON MAKING IT TO ONE!!!!

Heading out now so will BBL to post more! PMSL with some of the comments!

Yikes girls haven't been in here for a little while and look what happens! Only five billion post after my last one

Firstly happy birthday to Tadhg! Kelly the pics on fb are great, looks like you all had a great day! Best of luck with the grommets and fingers crossed it helps Tadhg. I have just over 2 years between my two (2yrs 3 months) and I think its a great age gap!

Sanchez, LMAO at V pooping out bits of trees! I hope it didn't hurt her on the way out. Ah well good roughage hey lol! Wow on tooth number 8! I give Ethan's necklace a clean every now and then and I take if off when he has a bath although I know lots of people who just leave it on permanently. Do you think its helped V with teething? No idea if its working for us but I'm too scared to take it off just in case! Urgh 5am wakeups are not cool. When E does that I put him into bed with me and he usually goes back to sleep (after a bit of crawling on my head, pulling at my face he eventually gets there!).

Taurean, haha on the doll, what a classic! It took my DD a while to get into dolls so I don't think it was a complete waste. Plus when she gets her little pram she will probably enjoy taking dolly for a walk! How is your work going, are you managing to get a bit done?

Yowie, great to hear from you and congrats! You are going to be one busy mumma! Do you know the sex of number 3? How are you feeling?

AM, Ethan wants to feed himself all the time too. And don't ya love the mess lol! I usually just put his food straight on his tray and let him go for it and yep it does often take forever! Not so bad for me as we have an open plan kitchen/meals/family area so I usually do the dishes or cook while he is eating and I can still see him.

Art, if I was you I'd be booking myself into a hotel every now and then for a good nights sleep and letting DH deal with the non-sleeping kids! You know you'll probably struggle to get them out of bed when their teenagers and then you can make a whole lot of noise and get some revenge lol!

We are travelling on ok. Ethan is officially walking now so I guess I have a toddler, how scary does that sound! He has the funny cowboy walk going, very cute! He is also an eating machine at the moment, is there a growth spurt at around this age? I swear he's eating us out of a home lol! I think he might be close to dropping his morning sleep now too. He only had a quick 20-30mins in mornings now and around 1-1.5hrs in the afternoon. I don't really mind as long as the afternoon stays the same or gets longer!

As for babies I am so not clucky, in fact the thought of another bub terrifies me lol! Pretty sure my babymaking days are over so I'll have to re-live all the BFP excitement through you all!

Well the boy has woken, good luck with all the party planning!

Arrow

Okay back again for how long who knows ...........

Sanchez absolutly cracked up reading about you taking tree out of V bum. she must just had swallowed it how. Maybe she will have a career as one of those entertainers who can swallow swords etc. haven't found anything like this in Sams yet but may need to look closer - he sure like eating dirt stones and leaves at the moment. Wow on 8 teeth. I thought Sam was doing well have 6 through. I can see a few more lurking there but at the moment they're not causing any problems. I know i shouldn't even say this aloud but the first lot haven't been too bad but wonder if I should get the teething necklace just in case especially for when molars come through. we have some nice teeth marks in the cot. Im sure you'll be able to ice the cake that you get from woolies. I got cake tin during week so am planning on trial cake also. I know you can hide a multitude of sins with butter icing but want to make sure it still tastes okay. No idea what to do for 5am waking. Sam played with that idea for about a week but then just changed to 6am for a few weeks and now for last few days has been waking closer to 7 - buggered if I know why they do things. What time is dawn breaking in Brissie now. One thing I've noticed it that the Kookaburras go off shortly before dawn here so could something like that be waking her?

Kelly well done on the cake and the party. Looks like a fab time was had by all. Couldn't believe how grown up T was looking in his photos. haven't decided what design i'm going to do on the cake - we are not having a themed party but will hopefully come up with something creative. best of luck with the gromits. hopefully it will solve his bung ear problem. Is this something that the docs just put in or do you have to go to the hospital? what by the way is a custard pottle? had to laugh at T leaving the veggies behind - very clever baby to be able to recognise veggies like that! I thnk we'll end up having about 20-30 adults and 7 kiddies with youngest being 5 months old so maybe just as well we don't have rellies here.

Taurean - what is it with kids and their toys. Sam would much rather play with a door or a drawer or hang off the safety gates rather than play with his toys at the moment. the bit that is freaking me out at the moment is that he keeps wanting to stick everything in his mouth and crawl/cruise around with what ever he has stuffed in there - not a problem if it is something soft but keep thinking he is going to fall when he has something large and hard in his mouth and impale it into the back of his mouth. he must seriously think I am the fun police always stopping him doing what he wants to do! sam's sleeps vary but mainly he will do an hour in the morning but he is definitely pushing out time between the two sleeps. even when he gets up at 6am i struggle to get him back down before 10 and in the afternoon its closer to 3-3.30 when he goes down. i'll have to wake him now when I finish this as other wise i will never get him down tonight. he's mainly doing 11 hours now with the odd night when he'll wake. let us know how you go with teething necklace will be interesting to see if it makes a difference. though i think you are probably prepared to try anything after what you went through.

Art - big sleep filled hugs being sent your way. you haven't done anything wrong you've just lucked out and have no sleeping babies. hopefully they can amuse eachother so at least you don't have to entertain them the whole time.

Sangie - yah on Ethan officially being a toddler. is he the first in this little group? Sam will walk when you hold his hands but think he is a long way off actually walking proper LOL about the cowboy strut! when does his helmet come off. you must be so looking forward to it. Dog is getting fatter and fatter with all the droppings that he gets from Sam when feeding. I feed him in kitchen so not worried about mess as tiles. Tea time is great as I know what any gunk that is on him his clothes etc will be gone once dump him in bath and clothes straight into laudry. he is such a boy as it gets everywhere!

yowie - hi wasn't in the original belly group as I wasn't due till october but joined this one when my little one arrived two weeks early! hope pregnancy is going well.

okay now i definitely need to wake him. have fun planning birthdays and speak soon.

xx

Oh PS weight wise. Skinny minny baby here he was just under 8.75kg two weeks ago. Wish I could put on weight so slowly - LOL! But still keeping on his 10% or so line so all good! Just makes it bit more difficult to get clothes to fit him as he has the lenght but doesn't have the bulk for larger sizes!
    Last edited by Now we're 3; August 25th, 2010 at 09:00 AM.

Hiya,
    Just a quick one from me - all went well with Tadhg's ears. It's surgery at the hospital, so he had a general but only for about 15mins. We couldn't feed T after his dinner until surgery was over, so we got to the hospital at 7am and played then he cracked a massive poo (nice!) and then fell over and banged his head on the wall in the playroom which had several nurses come running in, poor bubba. He went in for surgery at 8am, kinda scary seeing your baby crying into a mask laying on a bed (they let me stay while they did that) and then waiting for him to be carried back to me in the recovery room. He came back really crying and wriggling and with no head control etc - it was hard to see him like that but after a few minutes i pushed a bottle in his mouth and he had a big feed, eyes still firmly closed. Kept crying for about 15 minutes but slowly got more alert. And grizzled in the car on the way home, finally went to sleep in his cot about 9:15 for an hour and woke up ok. We went out to coffee group, he was a bit sensitive but ok. Then in the afternoon he woke up an hour into his afternoon sleep and slept for another hour on me in the lounge which was quite nice really

So much for a quick one - just a selfish one :-p

ps AM - custard pottle, like a tub of yogurt - but custard (we have thomas the tank engine ones) and i had a good achievement this week - gave Tadhg a pita bread (1/4rd) with eggplant dip, roast kumara, feta, beetroot and spinach - and he devoured it. I may just have to mix the veges in and add cheese for my boy! Will try cauliflower cheese this week i think

Hugs to all the bubs xxx

Default I am here!

Hi everyone. I am a bit MIA as I am not overly fond of BB much anymore. But I had to come in for the 1st birthday celebrations coming up, including the one's that have already occured!

Happy 1st Birthday to all September Bubs!

Hoping everyone is travelling well. Colds and flu seem to be pretty popular atm.

AFU. Frazer is doing well. A hefty 13+ kgs and counting. My arms are killing me but luckily he has just started walking so hoping he becomes a bit more independent. He'll only walk to a person not just while he's playing by himself. We are onto 3 feeds of 1/2 FC milk and 1/2 formula which is going well. No probs so far which is good since DH is lactose intolerant.

We have both had a bad run cold wise for about 3 weeks now but he is slowly getting back into his rountine. I swear this child just knows that Mummuy and Daddy love sleep. 6- 6.30pm to 7.30am everyday like clockwork. Sometimes we even get a 8.15am sleep in on the weekend if we're lucky!

Just attended Emily's (Janine) 1st Birthday Party last weekend which was a nice casual affair. Janine's cake was fantastic. I am really not going to be putting too much effort into a birthday F won't remember anyway. We are having a professional photo session on that day and a BBQ in the afternoon with family only. Number 2 will be far more exciting I reckon! I am also hoping to go to Indigo's (Nicola) 1st birthday on the weekend. She is so tiny it's strange to think she is that same age as F!

That's it for me. Will pop in again sooner I hope to check out how everyone celebrated the big occasions!
    Last edited by Pooley; August 26th, 2010 at 03:22 PM.

Art – my DS is 3 in February and still doesn’t sleep either. It makes things 10 times harder when they don’t sleep .

Sanchez – yep that’s the plan 3 close together then no more for us.

Taurean – I’m good today. If I was replying yesterday it would have been a different story. I just had 4 or 5 nights of both the kids waking up all night and me getting into bed at 5am. Yes its sink or swim, it's not too bad most of the time but when they are sick or not sleeping then I feel like I'm drowning but I wouldn't change it for the world. Dh has had to help alot. And I have booked DS into daycare 1 day a week, he starts tomorrow. I took them shopping 2 weeks ago and ended up in tears, DS hates shopping so he makes it as hard as possible. It got me to breaking point. Lol with the doll, my DD does the same thing. Don't worry she will play with it one day.

Kellynz – Thank you. Sounds like Tadhg loved his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TADHG!! I’m glad the surgery went well. It must have been really hard .

Sangie – We could find out the sex. He or she wouldn’t open its legs. We have to have another ultrasound in 2 week, so we are hoping to find out then. Emily is walking too. It looks so cute and funny when they are so little.

Now we’re 3 – I glad there is another skinny minny baby here. What size is Sam in? We are having the trouble with pants, 00 are too short but alot of the 0’s fall down. Shirts I don’t care if they are too big.

Pooley – Wow Frazer’s weight is going well. My poor little midget only weighs 8kg. I love 2nd birthdays, they are the best. Sounds like Frazer is a great sleeper, I wish mine would sleep like that.

Well I better run and try to sleep. DS and DD have already woken up 6 times between them. I think I’m in for another shocking night .

The last two weeks of posts got lost in the server change, but I would just like to remind you all that I remembered all the birthdays in full and on time lol

And Sanchez, lmao at the K-Y incident!

Hehe I'm with you Arte, I remembered all the birthdays too!

I hope everyone got to read the K-Y story before it disappeared!

I remembered the birthday too.

Can't believe that k-y post has been lost it was a classic I still chuckle when I think about it. Sanchez I think V wins hands down in relation to the interesting items that she has consumed. The others are positively boring in comparison unless of course someone is holding a story back. I did find a little leaf in Sam's nappy the other day but was minute and nowwhere!! near your 10cm tree branch!

Hope all is good. This one is going to be a quickie as am going to hit my bed. Boring boring boring I know its a Friday night but .............

Sangie how did party go last weekend (Sunday I think?). Did the cake turn out okay - hope it wasn't too stressful getting everything ready. Post the photos on FB when you get a chance.
    Sanchez - loved the FB photographs. V looks so much older than 1! Is it just the hair? She is just adorable and so so cute. One of my girlfriends little girls who is 7 months now is like V full head of hair thats she's had from day 1. In some ways she looks older than Sam - his is growing but as he is a little blondie now you don't see it so clearly.
    Art - hope things are too horrid with the dreaded pox! Combine that with your wonderful weather you must be ready to pull your hair out you poor thing.
    Kelly - hope T is feeling a bit better and the gromits do their stuff and the dreaded ear infection goes away super quick! I can't believe how unlucky you guys have been with T being sick. And he always looks such a cheery little chappie in all his photos.
    Taurean - what can we say. Sick with envy in relation to your wonderful holiday. Seriously though hope you are having a wonderful time and little Miss Runabout is allowing you to have a real break. Looking forward to the piccies.
    Yowie - hope things going well at your house. Have you celebrated the 1st birthday yet.

Things all good in our house. Sam's not walking yet and don't think he'll manage it before the big day next week but is doing lots more walking holding hands and his walker etc so probably not too far off. He's still quite wobbly and tries to run now holding your hand rather than walking. He is so proud of himself though and keeps looking up to check your reaction to what he is doing rather than looking where he is going! After stressing me out no end last week when I could practically get him to eat nothing he has had a good week and seems to be chowing down his food. He makes it very clear when he is finished though as he picks the food up and chucks it piece by piece to the floor while laughing like a hyena! Had a couple of random night wakings recently which I couldn't work out what was wrong but all has been good for last few nights. Looking forward to daylight savings though as we are now waking with something with a 5 in it. He will stay in his cot but can still hear him chatting away so feeling a bit wrecked. I should really just go to bed earlier but that never seems to happen - duh!

Teething necklaces - would you recommend or not. I haven't got one for Sam yet and being honest our teeth so far (6) have been reasonably painless - nothing like what some of you have related. I know we have probably just been lucky so am wondering if I should get one or not in case my (our) luck changes. Would those of you who have them recommend?

Have great weekend all. Nothing much planned here just trying to get the garden/deck all sorted for party next weekend. Emmm seemed like a good idea at the time to say have it at home!

Kisses to all the bubs.

Xx
    Last edited by Now we're 3; September 17th, 2010 at 10:27 PM.

Happy Birthday Sam!!

Nothing much to report here - has been raining for three solid weeks so we have a family bag of cabin fever.
    A is still not walking (or crawling!!) but she has been able to walk unassisted across the room between people for two months now, she just won't do it on her own as a method of transport. I was leaving her standing and she would come chasing after me grizzling but now she won't even do that - just plonks on her bum and cries.

The pox have all cleared up now, wasn't too bad but we had a couple of nights where she must have been insanely itchy and she wriggled around in our bed like it was a Zumba class. Oh well, at least while I wasn't sleeping anyway we got a bonus tooth. She has a mighty two of them now!
    We have a few words now- duck, dat (cat) and she makes the pig noise (which is the universal noise for any farm animal lol). She also kisses things which is very cute.

Sleep is going a bit better - she only woke three times last night which was great.

Kelly, were you asking ages ago about the order of food? I always give them a sample of everything at the start. I know she won't eat the veges but I put them there anyway. They are usually the first missiles over the side. I am wary of giving them first and teaching them that they can whinge and get something better.

Sanchez, any weird and delicious things that V has been eating lately? I love your Dora photo on FB!

Just ducking in quickly to say Happy Birthday Sam!!!!

I have a yucky cold so going to bed, will be back later in the week!

How is it going for everyone? This thread has gone a bit quiet!

Nothing much to update here. A still isn't particularly mobile and it is driving me a bit mental. She has been able to walk for 2.5 months now and she has started crawling this week, but will she do it to go anywhere? NOPE! Instead she would rather grizzle and whinge. I am totally over having to carry her everywhere or let her hold my finger while she walks. It's a PITA, especially if I am trying to do anything - she isn't a lightweight!

Summer has finally arrived after a month of being trapped inside, so that has been fantastic. I think I will have to crack out the sunscreen soon and I have remembered how irritating it is to get toddlers to wear hats lol.

OMG, just realised we lost a heap of posts in the BB meltdown - bummer!! I'll try to pop on line today and give you all an update. We've been flat out since the week leading up to Izzy's birthday so I have a lot to say - what's new?!

Art - I'm hearing you on the arrival of the warmer weather. We've had the most stunning few weeks over here (plus we were in northern WA straight after Izzy's birthday) and I do feel like a different person.

I better attempt to put Iz back to bed for the 5th time - nightmare night. I just stripped her as she'd wet through and pood so I'm hoping that helps. Got to bed at 11.30 and have been up and down since. It's 3am so I really hope she sleeps properly soon!

Our big news is Izzy is fully walking and she's on cows milk. Very exciting!!

Night!

Hi ladies

Has been a little quieter than usual in here but guess that is par for the course these days as bubs grower older and demand more attention. A couple of my girlfriends have babies who are 8 months and 10 months old and we hang out a couple of days a week. It is fascinating to see all 3 together when we are out and just how much they change over such a short period of time. There is only 2 months between each of them but you can see they are at such different stages - and also see how it changes so quickly! It seems like light years ago that Sam was only starting to crawl and would be content to play with something while sitting there. Now he is always on the go - normally into something he shouldnt be! We haven't started walking yet but doing a lot of standing on our own now and walking/pushing everything he can get his hands on - the stroller, the high chair, his walker, all stools and chairs, his bike ........ if he can push it and it moves its his!

Looks like I officially have a one sleep baby - :-(. He looks to have dumped his afternoon sleep rather than his morning one as is now practically impossible to get him to go for a nap in the afternoon. And with daylight saving is pushing out his morning sleep to closer to middle of day.

Getting less and less done when he is awake at the moment if we are at home as he is getting bit more clingy and wants me to be playing with him or helping him walk holding hands. Least I can complain that he is a heavy lump to carry round. Little mite had topped the 9kg (9.2Kg) though at his 12 month check. When he was having the check the nurse was telling me that the previous baby that had been in was 6.69Kg and was 6 weeks old - yep you read right 6 weeks! Art hope now that Amelia has started to crawl she might decide to do it a bit more. You must have beautifully toned arms carrying her!

Ohhh Taurean you poor thing with Iz waking last night. You must be wrecked! Sam woke last night at 3am for some unknown reason. DH was a star and he got up to him. No idea what caused it but he certainly didn't want to go back to sleep then.

Well birthday and party went well. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Reckon that 2nd birthday will be a lot quieter - we ended up with about 30 adults and 8 kids so was wrecked at the end of the day. Sam had lots of fun and wasn't in the slightest bit bothered but all the additional people being around and day was beautiful so everyone was outside. He was totally spoilt with all the presents that he got.

Hope all good with everyone else and that summer is slowly starting to arrive. We've had a mixed bag but certainly is getting warmer. Just hope rain keeps away. It is amazing how stir crazy we can both get if we are trapped in the house!

Looking forward to hearing everyones news!

Wow - so quiet in here, i thought i must have missed heaps - but seems everyone else is busy too
    Our news dept isnt that exciting really, had 10 days of nasty Rotavirus, then 2 weeks in the clear before he came home Tuesday night and promptly cranked a fever and fell asleep on DH at 6pm, missing dinner and sleeping very badly all night. Today (Thursday) we are both working from home and taking turns to care for Tadhg - fun! haha. Then we just realised the cause of fevers, headaches and poo-y nappies may infact be molars?? Tim reckons he can feel 3 coming through - ouch. No wonder he is upset when trying to sleep!
    What else, he is walking everywhere, hardly ever sits down now, its quite funny. Every now and then he tries to crack a run (running away from us, or towards the beanbag for a dive usually!) its time for bumps and bruises galore i think.
    Still not much luck with veges, although he did eat a heap of roast kumara one night when i ignored his grizzles and didn't offer anything else. I am a bit frustrated with his lack of interest in veges (and meat) but at least trying to be happy he eats lots of other things like rice, beans (kidney/cannellini etc), pasta, cheese, fish. We will get there - i'm sure!
    Art - good news on A crawling, hopefully that will encourage her to start moving herself around a bit and give her some confidence
    AM - down to one sleep already! we have days when he only rests in the afternoon, but generally T is still having 2 naps, i would miss naptime otherwise!
    Hope everyone else is going well

Hi all! I was going to apologise for not being around but since nobody else has either you ain't getting no apology!

Things have been crazy busy around here, feels like I barely have time to scratch myself these days. Ethan is an absolute dynamite these days. He barely keeps still and is now running (yes running!) everywhere. At least now we finally have some nicer weather so he can burn off some energy running around the backyard. I wish he'd give some of that energy to me cos I really need it.

AM, Ethan has one sleep most days too now. Sometimes he has two sleeps but that seems to be on the days when he is up super early in the morning. I'm glad that Sam's party went well and yes, second birthdays are usually much quieter (well they are in this house lol!). I've been slack and haven't put any pics up of Ethan's birthday, will do so as soon as I can.

Kelly, oh no at T being unwell again. If it is those molars then hopefully they pop through soon. Despite not liking vegies it sounds like T has a really good diet. You could always try and 'hide' some veg in some foods until he takes a liking to it? I know a friend of mine makes all sorts of interesting foods for her DS (beetroot muffins, pureed vegies in pasta sauce etc).

Art, yay for Amelia crawling and fingers crossed she uses it as a mode of transport soon! How did she go with the teething? I saw your thread on weaning, any success. Good luck with it hun xo

Taurean, just saw pics of Iz's party and it looked like so much fun. I can't get over how much she looks like you! How was your holiday? Hope you managed to get lots of relaxation (and ****tails lol!)

Sanchez, how are you and the gorgeous V doing?

Well as I said E is keeping me on my toes. I'm exhausted at the moment as DH is away again and E has been waking up every morning at 2am for the last week. Have no idea why and it's doing my head in! He mostly goes back down fairly easily except for last night where he didn't go back to sleep until 4am. Might be teething but who knows? He has 5 teeth and we haven't had any teeth for a while now so it could be that. He had his 12 month checkup and has hit the the 10kg mark (10.06 to be exact) which is not surprising given how much he eats. Most days he eats more than his sister! His speech is really coming along too now and he makes us laugh most days. Birds are 'dirds', outside is 'ou side', elena is 'e la la' and dummy is 'ummy'. He refers to all fruit as an 'apple' which he says clear as day and sounds hilarious coming out of such a little person. But the funniest one is 'pop off' which he says as 'pop op' when he farts lol! The joys of having a big sister to teach you this stuff (and dad is secretly quite proud!).

Sorry girls I've written a novel. Sorry to anyone I missed, my bed is calling.........

Thought I would bump the thread with an update.

A has been walking properly for a couple of weeks now and OMG life is so much easier! No more sitting and whinging, she is off and away exploring and playing now. She and DS play together - mainly A chasing him and laughing her head off. It is adorable. Summer has arrived and they are spending hours out in the sandpit together which is great - I can pop inside and actually get some housework done.
    Sleeping is still a disaster. She normally wakes around 4-5 times during the night and still only has a 40 minute day sleep but I am managing alright so I will just wait for it to pass. I would really love her to wean but she is feeding more often so I don't see that happening any time soon. Tooth number 3 arrived last night. Not much going on speech wise. She sometimes says a word a few times and then it disappears again.

Sangie, E sounds adorable! Has his helmet come off yet?

NW3, I saw the clip of S walking on FB - very cute!

Taurean, you were going on a trip away weren't you? How did it go?

Kelly, has summer arrived up there? We are getting some fantastic days atm

Hi to everyone else, hope all is well

Hi,
    I guess FB is taking up any spare time we all have these days - very quiet in here!
    Art - woah on the waking 4-5 times a night It must be hard for A to learn to put herself back to sleep huh, I hope she gets the hang of it soon for your sake - going back to full nights of sleep will feel like a foreign concept. Awesome that sheis on the move and enjoying playing so much. Thats a real advantage with having 2 littlies, i rarely leave Tadhg on his own to play - or its just in the next room for 10 minutes, before he comes to find me. Definitely summer here too - loving it! We are having lots of fun getting out for walks and looking forward to more trips to the park and beach.

We're going pretty well, although Tadhg has had hand foot and mouth last week (which wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be) and seems to have a bit of a bug this weekend with excessive sleeping and a bit grouchy/quiet. We have had 2 sleep-ins till 7:45 and 8am which was nice, even tho one night he went to bed at 6:15 because he was too tired to eat dinner! He is loving daycare, still cries for a few mins when i leave but to be honest i'd almost rather that than completely being ignored haha. They do lots of art, playing outside, eating iceblocks, chasing each other around and even did baking. Speaking of which - i think i might go and make a cake while he is sleeping (and DH is playing cricket).

Has anyone started to think about toilet training? I really have no idea, so think i might start doing a bit of research soon so i'm prepared.
    Hope everyone else is well - are we all walking now? or should i say running ;-)
    Nearly forgot to mention, we had our first word today (other than mama, dada, ta and oh-oh) - 'ball'
    Kelly x

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast