Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2009 #3

Kelly, toilet training isn't usually until after they are two, so you are in for a few more nappies yet lol. Some early birds will pick it up before then but mostly it is somewhere between 2 and 4. In my Sept 07 group (so just turned 3) most are day trained or in the process and some are night trained. Congrats on T's word. So cute when they start talking, love it!

Hello lovely ladies!!

OMG, it's been far too long between posts. Life has been just so damn busy, for all of us by the sounds of things!!

Art - yay for A walking!!! They're so much happier when they can get where they want on their own, aren't they. Your kids are so cute together (thinking about your FB photos). Do you think it's a bit easier having two in that sense, that now they play together? We're going to build Izzy a sandpit soon but I'll have to supervise her in it as she still likes to eat sand - a lot I am sending you the biggest sleepy vibes ever by the way - you're up 5 times a night still?! It's any wonder you're still with us to tell us that, LOL! That is painful hon. You are such a trooper, I don't know how you do it. I guess when it comes to kids though, we don't have a choice do we. Sink or swim. I really hope you get some well deserved sleep soon. You'll be bouncing off the wall when you start getting full nights again!

Kelly - poor little T has had such a bad run with being sick, hasn't he! You're a super mum too, dealing with all that. He always looks so happy in your FB photos so I'm guessing he's one of those kids that just tends to take things in his stride, yeah? Such a cute little man Has he got much hair yet or is Izzy winning the hair growing race they had going on? LOL! Funny you should mention toilet training as it's been on my mind lately too. Not cause I'm planning on doing it but an old work friend mentioned on FB the other day that her little girl had done her first poo on the potty - she's 4 months younger than our kids!!! Seriously, WTF?! And my MIL just mentioned today that Iz is showing signs of knowing when she has a 'bowel movement' - her words, not mine - so I should pop her on the toilet (not a potty) and see how she goes next time. Again, WTF?! I said to her that it's always been obvious when Iz is doing a poo (much less clinical than 'bowel movement') and I think she's a bit small for the loo but may I'll try a potty at some stage. I said it to shut her up really, I don't think we'll be toilet training for a while yet. Maybe when she's 18 months or so but I'm thinking closer to two years.

AM - how's Sam's walking going? Loved the clip on FB - so damn cute!!

Sangie - how was your holiday? Where did you go?

Sanchez - WHERE ARE YOU?! Are you out there, somewhere....?

We are plodding along nicely. Iz is a busy little girl and into everything. She's climbing into things, on top of things, behind things and under things. Everything, in her eyes, is a piece of a jungle gym. We've had to put a few of her toys away (a little wagon and a walker which is a big wodden activity box) as she kept climbing in them then tipping over! We also had to put her little chairs away from her table and chair set as she climbed them one day and we found her on top of the little table!! We've also had to start locking out security doors as while we were getting ready for a walk the other night, she pushed the front door open and walked up the driveway - gave us a bloody heart attack! There is no stopping our little Dora, lol.

Teeth are still popping up but I don't think her molars are coming through yet. She's just cracked two more top teeth so we have 8 now - the top and bottom front ones.

Sleep is a bit random although she's been sleeping through again the past week or so - thank god! She's sleeping brilliantly during the day though and she's still having two day sleeps so now that I've finished my contract, I'll have quite a bit of time to myself to just lounge around while she sleeps! She usually does 2 hours in the morning and an hour or so in the arvo. It's bliss!!

Iz has always been a chatterbox but she's getting more chatty each day. She has several words but most people wouldn't know what she's saying. She clearly says Daddy, mum, nan and Jet (he's our dog and she's NUTS about him!). She's said bubble today as I had her bubble machine on and she's starting to say up when she wants to be picked up. It's so cute! Just the past week, she's also started testing out how high and low she can make her voice. It's so funny, like she's warming up for a concert! She loves music so I think she may be trying to sing too. She's quite the little show girl with her singing and all the bum dancing she does. Cracks me up.

We finally have hair growing too! It suddenly just started sprouting when we went on holidays. I'll be able to jazz her up with clips soon - woohoo! Our holiday, btw, was fantastic. Iz had a terrible cough while we were in Broome but she was still such a good girl and we actually got to relax quite a bit, thanks to those wonderful day sleeps. I actually read a non-child related book for the first time in 2 years. It was fantastic!

I've rambled on enough for now. I'll be on here a lot more now that I'm not working though - I finished the last of the documents for the project I was working on Friday. I've really enjoyed the brain stimulation (and the extra cash!!) but having some time out for myself when Iz sleeps, instead of cramming in as much work as I can, will be a nice change.

Let's get this thread happening again ladies! Love to you all xx
    Last edited by Taurean; October 31st, 2010 at 06:56 PM.

Hi girls

Good to see that you are all alive and well and that we're not the only ones that don't seem to have as much spare time as we did before. Guess that would be the leisurely life with a toddler you were referring to on FB Taurean - lol!

Things are fairly good with us. All three of us have had colds over the past 10 days or but think we are on the mend. Sam has a nasty little cough which has developeed which I'm keeping my eye on - he doesn't appear sick with it but can sometime sound like a dog or a seal barking which I think might be a sign of croup. I phoned the health direct line and they suggested it might be croup but said I don't need to take him to the docs unless he gets worse. Would be a viral infection so they wouldn't be able to give any anti-biotics or anything. So far he is sleeping through his coughing at night. We had a shocker at night for a week or so when his last two teeth were coming through as he starting waking at night again but even worse would only go back to sleep in my arms. I just resorted to taking him into the bed with me and eventually being able to put him down beside me so I could go to sleep too! He is back to sleeping through again now - touch wood! Though after hearing about poor Art I feel like a nanna even mentioning it not to mind complaining! Art you poor thing - are you just constantly wrecked?

As you probably saw on FB Sambo is on the move and there is no stopping him now. Was a bit strange - he took his first steps much earlier in October and then just seemed to want to forgot about it for the next few weeks until weekend before last when he just took off. It was like he had been practising in secret until he got it right before he did it in public. He will rarely crawl now preferring to walk everywhere normally laughing his little head off as he goes. Its so great to see how proud they are of everything they achieve. No major falls and bruises yet but I am sure that is still to come.

We don't have a lot of words apart from mama and dada and baba but he will say ta as he passes things to you. He now has very definite sounds for different things so am sure some words will come soon. He is also good at high 5' ing which he loves and will also put both arms about his head and say tadaaa.

Taurean - looking forward to seeing the cute photos of Iz with little clips and bows. I am sure she will look fab.

Kel - how is T. I can't believe what a run of different bugs he has got. Like Taurean said he always looks so happy in the photos.

Art - maybe now that A is on the move big time she might tire herself out and sleep. Honestly I don't know how you do it especially as it sounds like you are not getting any break during the day either. I just love the photos of the two of them on FB. They always look so happy and look like they are having so much fun.

Sangie - where did you go on hols? Hope you had a good time.

Sanchez - do we need to put a MIA alert out for you? We haven't heard anything from you in ages. Hope all is well with you and V.

Can you believe its November already? What plans does everyone have for Christmas and is anyone madly organised and started their shopping yet? I am definitely not so will need to get my ass in gear and work out just what I need to arrange and then work out how I'm supposed to get it arranged!!!!

Best of luck for everyone for Melbourne Cup for tomorrow hope you pick a winner!

Hope to hear from you all soon. Like Taurean said we'll get this started again.

Kisses to all the bubs Xx

Hi lovely ladies and bubs!

Been a while between posts but like the rest of you I am flat out and we also went away recently for almost 2 weeks. DH had to work in Brisbane for a few days so we thought we'd all go with him and combine it with a holiday on the gold coast. We all had a ball!

AM, I know I can't believe its November already! Feels like this year has just gone by in the blink of an eye. I've started my Chrissy shopping. The kids are getting a trampoline (which is secretly for me too lol!) and I've started collecting some bits and pieces for their Chrissy stockings too. I hope you have all fully recovered now. YAY for Sam being on the move! It's so cute how proud they are of themselves isn't it!

Taurean, woo hoo I bet you've started stocking up on hair clips! There are some really gorgeous ones around, I'm forever buying them for Ellie. You should see her collection lol! Glad you had a nice holiday too and yep, how good is it to read a non-child book! On our holiday I managed to read a whole novel for the first time in soooo long lol!

Art, I'm with the other girls, I don't know how you do it hun. Is A sleeping any better now that she is walking? I find that Ethan gets so tired from all the running around but I think it makes him overtired and often harder to get him to sleep. Glad to hear you are getting some nice weather. I think life is so much easier when they can get out and play outside! Yes Ethan's helmet is off, it came off just before his birthday. His head is so much better now, I'm so glad we did it.

Kelly, as Art said toilet training isn't until around 2 at the earliest. I know of one little boy who trained at 18months which is super early! DD day and night trained at 2.4 years. I'm not planning on trying with Ethan until around his birthday and then we'll take it from there. They say that boys often take longer than girls but the age really does vary quite a lot.

Sanchez, hope you guys are all well!

As I said we have been away and had a ball. Ethan was in love with the beach and would spend ages playing with the sand (and tasting it eeewwww!). He also loved the water and I had to chase him quite a bit - he had absolutely no fear and would just run straight into the surf if I let him. Bloody scary!!

Back home now and back to the old routine! I'm going to start Ethan in swimming lessons seeing as he seems to love the water so much. Probably about time I took him, poor second child seems to do everything later than the first lol! Does anyone else do lessons?

Anyway better fly and do a quick tidy while Ethan is sleeping. Don't know why I bother though as I'm sure it will be back to a disaster zone when he wakes, it's amazing how quickly he can spread toys from one end of the house to the other.

Bye for now! xo

If anyone is looking for hairclips, search for Jazah bows on FB - she is a very lovely member of BB and makes some cool clips and hair ties.

Sangie, A also loves the water. I would love to do lessons with her but we don't have the facilities here. The local pool is sun heated (ie cold) and is only open for a couple of months mid summer. There is a good pool we go to sometimes but it is over an hours drive away. DH took A to the beach and he said he couldn't keep her out of the water.

NW3, A was similar with her walking - she took her first steps back in July and would walk across the room when she thought we weren't looking but it wasn't until October that she started walking constantly. Now she is trying to run.

Taurean, your contribution to the Brazilian thread made me choke on my biscuit from laughing so much!

We might be having a bit of a breakthrough on the sleeping front - in the past week or so she has had several naps longer than 40 minutes which is at least something. It is amazing how refreshed I feel after having a decent break during the day!

My DS is in kindy now twice a week so I get to have a bit of one on one time with A which she is enjoying. She sings and dances all the time (= adorable!) and she has started spinning in circles which is amusing. She can also do the wheels on the bus actions (for some of the verses). I never ever thought I would end up with an artistic kid!

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd quickly jump on to say a quick hello. I have put Sam down for a second sleep as he only did 45 mins this morning and all appears to have gone quiet on the western front so I have a few minutes. Yes I know I should be doing the washing and tidying up but.............

We are having a bit of a shocker of a week. Not sure what is up with the little man but he is super clingy and doing a lot of whinging and crying. Can't quite work out what is causing the problem. He still has a little cough which while way way better than before just hasn't gone away completely but other than that doesn't appear to be sick. Had him checked out by the docs in case there was something I was missing and came back with nothing wrong which I what I had guessed they would say anyway. Definitely off his food so am struggling to get much into him at the moment and not being helped by a couple of mega spews - mainly caused by him coughing. Bit strange in that he has only been sick in the evenings and not really during the day - poor little mite seems to wait until he is nice and clean from his bath all jammied up and in his sleeping bag and having his bottle before he chucks his entire dinner and the bottle up all over himself and me - three nights in a row !!! He's been a bit better today so fingers crossed he's on the mend from whatever has been causing this little hiccup. I could do with a full nights sleep again!

Only other news from our end is that I have got myself a job. Well a paying one rather than the full time Mummy one! Had been in a bit of denial about going back to work though we knew that we couldn't really afford for me not too. Thats Sydney house prices for you :-( I had decided that January would be when I would start looking which had given me over 15 months full time with Sam. I was approached a few weeks by a competitor of the company I used to work for before I became pregnant to see if I would be interested in working for them. Two interviews later they offered me the role. AND more importantly agreed to a Jan start AND to a 4 day week. Ideally I would like 3 day week but I know I couldn't do the role in 3 days but could in 4 so I asked them (heart completely in mouth while doing so) and they said yes. Not completely perfect but at least I'll get 3 days per week with Sambo and I do think he will benefit from interaction with other kids and the different activities they can plan for him. Don't know what its like where you girls are but finding good childcare is finding needle in haystack where we live. Not one of the small number of childcare centres in my suburb and the immediate surrounding suburbs were able to offer me a place. Some had waiting lists that are 2 years long !!!!! We've ended up finding a really nice one on the way to my hubbies work so he can do the morning drop off and then either or can do the pick up. At least thats the plan. Fingers crossed it all works out now.

Okay before this post is all about me - lol!!!!

Art great news about the sleeping for a bit longer during the day. I must be great when that happens on a day when W is in Kindy. Love the singing and dancing bit. Sam wanders round singing but he certainly won't get any of his singing ability from either of his parents.

Sangie sounds like you had a fab holiday. Make sure you do book E into swimming lessons. I've been taking Sam for several months now and he loves it. He has floaties and 2 back bubbles and is now learning how to jump into the pool and go under the water. We've got heaps of songs to sing in the water and it is just really good fun.

Kelly and Taurean hope all is good with T and Ms Iz. Love the story of e-i-e-i-o Kelly you will definitely have to try to get it on camera. I've been practicing with Sam but he just doesn't seem to get it at the moment.

Okay signing off so I do actually get something done. Love to you all and to the bubs of course. Have a fab weekend. Looks like we in for a nice one here in Sydney - about bloody time after all the rain we've had recently.

Xx

NW3, we seem (fingers crossed) to be coming out of a hideous clingy patch where I couldn't put her down and ended up carting her around the place all day because it was the end of the world if she wasn't attached to me! The last couple of days have improved but now tooth number 4 is trying to come though. So far we haven't managed the nap and kindy duo - I usually hang around in town on kindy days to save the extra travel. Wednesdays I take A to music and go shopping while DS is at kindy and I am at a loose end on Fridays because town really really isn't big enough to kill 2.5 hours lol

I hope Sam is feeling better soon. That is great about your job - cool that they are flexible for you and that you found a daycare.

AM, congrats on the job! What is it that you do? Isn't it crazy how long the wait lists are at some day care centres? It is like that in some parts of Melb too. A friend of mine missed out on her preferred centre and she had her name down since she was around 20 weeks preg. Insane! I saw your thread about Sam's vomiting. I hope you get it sorted soon, poor boy Sounds like Sam is doing really well at swimming! I've conned DH into taking E to lessons lol! Just waiting for a weekend spot to come up. E is first on the wait list so fingers crossed a spot somes along soon!

Art, how is your DS enjoying kindy? DD starts in Feb. She will have two sessions a week (3 hours each). I'm looking forward to having some one on one time with E. Might even drop him at mum's sometimes at have a few hours to myself! Bliss! Hope A sleeping is still going well for you.

Well I'm signing off to try get some things done while the boy sleeps. He started saying 'no' on the weekend. Ask him if he wants to go to sleep or have his nappy changed and the answer is 'no' with a very firm shake of the head. Very cute! I've been asking him all the time just to see the response. Anyway enough from me, hope you are all well xo

Hi Girls!

Sangie - Iz is a big fan of eating sand too! She had so much the other day at the river that she hand sand-paper poos the next day! Iz does swimming and LOVES it. She goes under several times a lesson (with me holding her), hangs onto the side of the pool and bobs on her own (without me holding her ) and walks on a floating mat then falls in to go under again. It's amazing! She giggles and chats the whole way through it and would stay in there all day if I let her. I'm sure Ethan will love it!

Art - woohoo for A's good day sleeps - FINALLY!! You must feel like a new woman having some time to yourself (well, sort of) during the day. How's her night sleeps going? Did you end up weaning?

AM - poor little Sam and his evening voms. That's annoying hon. Is he on cows milk or formula? My nephew was allergic to formula and often spewed in the evenings and it stopped as soon my sister moved him onto cows milk. A girl in our mothers group had the same problem. I'd still be inclined to take him to the doctors and don't worry about feeling stupid, you're allowed to worry about your children! He's little and can't tell you what's going on and he has physical signs that something is not right plus he's clingy so I think that definitely warrants a trip to the GP. I hope it gets sorted soon. Oh, and congrats on the job. That's awesome!!

Kelly - How's little T man going? In your recent photos, he also looks like the hair is finally growing! Shall I send some clips?

Sanchez - WHERE ARE YOU?!

I posted in the Baby & Toddler thread about some sleep issues we are having with Iz here. She's a bit of a bugger to settle in the evenings lately (and we're often up once or twice a night to resettle her too) and I'm wondering whether the day sleeps are the problem. She still has 2 decent day sleeps and seems to need them but I'm currently trialing one day sleep to see if it makes a difference. Will let you know later in the week how things are going. So far it's working well but she's had two sleep-ins due to late nights so I don't think it will last as she is really ready for a sleep two hours after waking which means I'll have to put her down in the morning when she wakes at her usual time (around 7am). Anyway, will see what happens but I hope all this 'up and down' business before real sleep at night stops soon. I let her scream for a bit at 1am today too as she just refused to go back in the cot after I'd settled her. The screaming lasted 2 minutes then she slept til 9am! I don't like hearing her scream but I do think she's taking me for a ride lately.

Other than our random sleeps, we are both well and keeping really busy. I'm absolutely loving this age! I really thought I'd miss the whole baby stage but I'm not at all! Don't get me wrong, newborn cuddles later next year (if all goes to plan) will be so lovely but this age is just so much fun and so rewarding!! Iz and I have a ball together chasing each other around, playing at the park, with the dog, etc. I am in my element as a mum. She's hilarious, gorgeous and so damn worth all the hard yards.

I thought I'd finished working but my boss has got some more stuff for me to do (a follow on from the 3 month project I did with her) and then she has also offered some more work to me for the new year. It sounds so interesting but I really think I just want to hang out with Iz going forward. I'm actually really enjoying our time together again and the time to myself when she sleeps, and not working when she sleeps. I feel refreshed again, if that makes sense. We are also planning on TTC in March and I had terrible MS with Iz so if that happens again, I definitely don't want to be working. So I'll finish the project stuff and then I'll call it quits again and enjoy the summer

Gotta run. Iz has been down for 2 hours and I've achieved nothing! Will BBL!
    Last edited by Taurean; November 15th, 2010 at 03:59 PM.

Taurean, she has been asleep for 2 hours?! I am jealous! It is getting better for us now during the day with some reasonable naps (only one longer than two hours but it was great!). Night time is still bad. Didn't end up weaning, she screams like she is possessed if I don't give in when she decides she wants a feed. It is either a few minutes of feeding or a whole afternoon of grizzling. This is a great age. I was just thinking today actually, that if I could have a 1 year old from the get go then I would have another. Babies are cute but they are a lot of work and not much return - I prefer the interactive toddler. A is lots of fun atm, and so so cute with DS. They have been playing together quite a bit since she started walking, really cute games of chase when she runs along laughing her head off.

Sangie, DS is loving kindy. He gets a bit sad when I am leaving but I know he is just having me on because I see him out in the playground having fun before I have even driven off! He does two days @3.5 hours. I am really surprised actually. He was always the clingy kid and wouldn't play with other children etc but in the last couple of months and especially in the last month since he started staying at kindy by himself he has turned into a super confident, social boy who is in amongst the big kids and often directing play. I would never have picked it.

Night time is still bad here. The other night she woke every hour from when she went to bed at 10.30pm until 2am, then she wriggled, kicked, babbled, scratched and pulled my hair until DS came into my room at 5am. We still have a couple of times a week when she won't go to bed until 9.30-10pm, usually if she has had a second nap so I try really hard to avoid them.

Has anyone got Xmas presents organised yet? We have got A a little keyboard on a stand with a little seat and DH is making her a little play oven (and eventually other kitchen stuff). I think I will also get them both a bean bag.

Art, great to hear that your DS is enjoying kindy. And how great that there has been such a positive change in him, you must be thrilled. I take it you are less thrilled with the night time wake ups still though, how frustrating for you. I really feel for you hun Yes I have the kids christmas presents sorted. They are getting a trampoline and then some smaller things for under the tree. Ethan is getting some garden tools, wooden bowling set, puzzle, toothbrush and some summer pj's. Ellie is getting a bingo game, pre-reading activity book, puzzle, toothbrush and a kindy bag. I'm about to do the annual pre-christmas toy clearout to make way for new toys lol! Although I have hinted to family (mostly IL's!) that they don't need a truckload of toys this year, here is hoping that they listen!

Taurean, how is Iz going with her sleeping now? Did she end up dropping a day sleep? Sounds like you have a little waterbaby. I'm going to start E just after Christmas!

Hope everyone else is well and I take it we are all busy busy busy. Such a crazy time of year coming up!

Not much going on here. I'm about half way through my chrissy shopping and hoping to have it all done within the next couple of weeks. E is growing like a weed still, seems to be getting taller again. We are off to buy more shoes tomorrow, his first pair lasted all of 8 weeks and now they are too small Hope he slows down soon or its going to cost me a fortune keeping shoes on his feet! We had a rough couple of nights this week and then tooth number 7 popped through and suddenly he is fine again.

Sangie, a trampoline will be fun - Miss E will be at a great age for it. My DS is out there 4-5 times a day jumping away lately.

Kelly, how hot is the weather lately?! Crazy! Spent all winter complaining that it was too wet/cold to go outside, now it is too bloody hot!

Taurean, love your new avatar. I should update, but I don't know how anymore.

A is adorable at the moment. She is completely obsessed with cats. She crawls around the floor saying meow all the time and if we are reading a book with a cat she will point excitedly and say "tat" and "meow". She also keeps picking up a loose square of lino from the kitchen and putting in the center of the lounge, then she stands on it and dances lol, with additional dances every time she walks over it.

I have cracked it with the frequent night waking so I have cut out the night feed. So far it has been three nights. Three long night. She doesn't grizzle for too long but twice now she has woken up completely and wriggled around the bed pulling my hair and keeping me awake. I am sticking to my guns though, I really need some decent sleep! On the bright side, she seems to be having a normal sized day nap now - most days she is doing 1.5 hours and on occasion she is even doing 2-2.5 hours. Fantastic!

Hi Girls!

I can't believe we're in December already. Where on earth did the year go Our kids will be giving us grey hairs while they party at Schoolies in no time! ARGH, what a horrible thought!!!

Art - yay for A's good day sleeps! How's the night weaning going? Did she finally get the hint? I love my new avy too! Sterla did mine. There is a thread started by Keike (I think) in the Platinum & Life section which has all the details of the BB girls who are making the avy's now as the Mods no longer have enough time or resources to do it.

Sangie - gorgeous pic of your kids with Santa on FB! Boy Ethan has grown so much and they looks so much a like!! I must get Iz all dressed up and take her in for her Santa photo soon. Mum often took us in to Myer as kids and it is cute to look back on.

Kelly - so did you buy one of those cute armchairs you posted on FB? They are adorable! I think my SIL & BIL are buying Iz an armchair for Christmas. They mentioned one that's like a little throne with 'Princess' written on it Oh dear, I've created a 'princess'!!

AM - how are you and Sam going hon? What's news?

Sanchez - I know you're alive cause we spoke on FB recently, maybe you're just not reading these threads any more - we miss you! I want to hear some more stories about V. What has she eaten and pooped out recently???

Hello to anyone else reading! Feel free to say a few words, our group has shrunk considerably!

Izzy's sleep patterns definitley improved but are still a bit hit and miss at times. I decided to stick with two day sleeps as she really did need them (and was doing 3 or so hours over two sleeps) but not long after I made that call, she decided to start sleeping in - until 8.30, 9.30 an even 10am Seriously, WTF? What toddler does that?! So I'm finding now she's doing one sleep most of the time now unless she wakes early, say at 7, which to be honest, I can't remember when she last did that! She's sleeping ususally for 2.5-3 hours in the middle of the day so I can't complain. We have been busy in the evenings lately though and had a lot of hot weather recently so maybe she's STILL catching up. I really don't know.

I had a shocker with her last night though as we were out for dinner and she wasn't in bed until 9.30pm. She woke around 11pm and was up and down / grizzling in her sleep until 2am. I was so over it and was about to give her a bottle at 2 but she ended up going back to sleep until I woke her at 9.45am Crazy. I can't figure her out!!

Iz has also suffered from two bad cases of constipation in the past 4 weeks so that was challenging too. The first dose was worse than the most recent one and after trying glycerol suppositories (that was horrible for both of us and I really don't want to do it ever again!), we put her on a mild laxative and she finally came good within a couple of days. I don't know why it happened again though, or in the first place for that matter, as her diet is very healthy and she's a pretty good eater and drinks quite a lot of water. Anyway, she seems to be over it again now (whe had two normal poos yesterday and boy was I excited, LOL) so I'll keep an eye on her and take her to the doctors if it happens again. Does anyone have any ideas though? Can teething cause constipation?

Other than the sleep and poo craziness lately, we are pretty good. Iz is still super busy and into everything. Her language has really taken off in the past week and she seems to busting out a new word or two (or three!) each day. She doesn't continue to say most of them though, it's like she's ticked it off her list and that's that. She has taken a real shine to 'No' though which is cute at times but also damn annoying! Everything is 'No, no no' and lots of head shaking. Or we'll get 'No, no, no' and everything on her highchair tray thrown on the floor She's adament on feeding herself lately too which she's reasonably good at but a bit of help is necessary and boy does she hate help! She cracks the right sads and throws everything away then gives up on her meal. I have one very hot headed little girl to contend with!! She also knows how to take her bibs off now so every outfit is definitely a 'once only' wear before it hits the laundry basket. Ah, the joys of it all!

We lashed out the other week and bought Iz an early Xmas pressie. We got her a Little Tikes playhouse which I've been looking at for months. It was a bit pricey but I just couldn't resist. We were going to build it for her on Christmas Eve but, um, ah, her mummy couldn't wait I guess I'm a big kid at heart! She loves it though and I'm sure she'll have several fun years playing in it.

We have bought a few other bits pieces for her for Christmas too but that's her major present. She is so ridiculously spoilt but I figure all my hard work over the past few months has paid for it so it's all good (at least I keep telling myself that!).

I'm off to make a start on our Christmas tree. I bought all new decorations for it so I'd better put it together and make sure we have enough. It's a 7ft tree so it needs a lot to cover it. I've gone for a purple and lime green theme. Very pretty!!

Hugs to all of you xx
    Last edited by Taurean; December 6th, 2010 at 06:00 PM.

Evening ladies

Sorry I have been completely crap at posting on this thread. I do log into BB but only to have a quick post or read and once I log into this thread there is nothing that quick about it so keep putting on the long finger. Finally decided that tonight was going to be the night. Am supposed to be wrapping Christmas presents but I can't do that and sit on the lounge so BB it is!

So one week to Christmas. OMG how scarey is that. Have surprised myself though and am pretty much organised. I have a few presents that have been purchased on line that I am still waiting to be delivered and everything has to be wrapped but other than that all is done .............. watch this space though for me to realise that I've forgotton something very important ahhhhhh!

What is everyone doing on the day? Not having any family here in Oz ours is spent with friends who are in the same situation. We have quite a few very close friends where both partners are from o/s like DH and me so guess they form our family over here. Most of our close friends live in walking distance from our house so makes it nice and easy to get round on Christmas Day itself and not be worried about driving. We normally rotate round who hosts each year and we are lucky this year its our turn to visit rather than host!

DH has built Sam an outdoor play set for Christmas. At the moment it has a double swing set plus climbing ramp and slide but as he grows it will be "extended" to have cubby house and probably something like a firemans pole (or whatever he wants really). It is huge so don't think we will be moving it anywhere soon! Will post some photos on FB soon. I must say I'm very impressed with his efforts especially considering he designed and built it himself! Guess this is Sam's main present but I couldn't help myself with buying lots of other things too. I justified it to myself that I got a lot on sale. Think my bargin of the season was his present from my parents - the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe - Fire and Rescue for 1/2 price. H'e also got what I think is the coolest bean bag ever - in the shape of a car! From his other grand parents he has got a little trampoline and a tunnel and tent set. Seriously there is soon going to be no room for me and DH in the house because of all of Sam's stuff.

Sam is all go and the moment from start of the day to the end. Non stop. He loves climbing and standing on things so I have to have eyes in the back of my head. He loves to climb onto the sofas now and run along them. No fear - he did a forward roll off one the other day! No harm done but took a long while for my heart to stop beating so quickly. He also loves to stand on all of his bikes - without holding on. Not bad when its on carpet and bike doesn't move but not good on tiles or wood! I also can't leave him in the seat in the trolley in the supermarket as again up he stands. Harness doesn't stop him no matter how tightly it is fastened! I am like a broken record telling no Sam you've got to sit ............ please for Mummy! Someone told me the other day to try telling him to stand to see if it would make any difference - LOL! He has really good balance so maybe he will be a really good surfer!

In general things are going good. Teething at the moment so on the cranky side and poor little mite has really bad nappy rash. Red red raw. Am trying Paw Paw and Burts Bees nappy cream. We've had some night waking but with a combination of panadol, neurofen and brauers have managed to re-settle okay or at least get him to lay in my arms. Don't normally like to give him drugs but reckon that molars deserve this treatment !!!

Was a little bit stressed recently as Sam just didn't seem to be putting on weight and if anything had been losing weight. He has always been on the light side being on 10% weight wise but had expected him to continue to gain slowly. Of late he appeared to have plateaued maybe even lost some weight! I took him to be weighed at the local clinic and he had only put on 200g since his 12 month check. The nurse wasn't concerned as he is obviously healthy. I think he probably has a high metabolic rate and his non stop go means he is burning everything he eats. Posted in Toddler forum so there was another few mums who have lighter bubs so was good to know you're not alone! Speaking of eating how much do your LOs eat each day? Wonder am I expecting him to eat too much? I think Sam can be hit and miss but as he normally doesn't wake during the night believe he must be eating what knows he needs - he is 100% adament when he doesn't want to eat something - lips clamped shut and I think his head will fall off he shakes it for no so much - LOL!

Can't believe I only have a few more weeks to go before I start my new job and have to hand Sam over for someone else to look after him for a few days. We've been doing a few induction days and he has been okay so far though I haven't been able to actually leave him on his own yet and they've had full compliment in room. Would prefer if it was 3 day week but guess 4 is better than 5. Kelly might be asking you for advice on how to cope for the first few days. On one level I know it will be good for him to have other bubs to "play" with but .............. on other don't want to give him up.

Anyways if I am not back on before the big day hope you have a lovely and safe Christmas and look forward to a wonderful 2011 with even more memories to share.

Xx

PS Shoes - looking for recommendations on which makes. Up until now I've had Sam in just soft soles shoes while he has been "learning" to walk but now that he has been at it for well over 6 weeks think I need to move him to the next level! Do I just go clarkes or give grosby baby a go or ???? With your bubs being a few weeks older than Sambo you're probably ahead of me here so all recommendations welcome

Far out! Why do i always leave it so long to reply and then feel like i've missed so much!!

AM - new job! I didn't even realise. Wow, that will be a big change for you, so pleased you've found a good daycare - i do recall hearing about Sydney daycare being really hard to get into, we don't have that problem in my suburb here. Have you booked a few days to do trial runs? I think it made it way easier on both of us to get used to the play and routine at daycare beforehand, so Sam can get to know his teachers and the new environment. I have seen several kids start at T's daycare in the past few months, and the first month is the hardest - after that they are like different kids and really settle in well. I would probably recommend getting some immunity booster stuff from a natropath too, not sure if it works - but i'd suggest its worth a shot, as the number of bugs they can get - well you've heard my stories! Hopefully Sam falls in love with all the new toys and kids and goes along happily

Taurean - hows the sleeping going-sounds like it was on the improve, wow to those morning sleep-ins! 'Can i have what she's having?' We went through the same thing recently, really hard to get little dude off to sleep at night. We changed the night time routine, doing a bath every night instead of alternating nights, spending more quiet time reading books before bed and cuddles - and restricting the afternoon sleep. Voila, we had back our angel.. until the molars came :-p haha Now he seems to be dropping the afternoon sleep, though sadly the morning sleep isnt getting muh longer! Usually about 2 hrs - so it's ok. I am giving him quiet time in his cot in the afternoon with books, which is great time out for both of us. Hope the poo situation is coming right? I think it's really common in toddlers to have issues either way, if T gets bunged up (which is very rare these days after our months of constipation and crying) I cut back bananas and up the raisins, blueberries, fruit in general, and weetbix. Ohh and - love the playhouse idea, I am so wanting to buy T one. Think i may look for a second hand one, or hunt a sale

Art - this weather is crazy, as you said it was so hot the last few weeks, its been like Sydney summer - and now its pouring rain! Hope it rains itself out before Xmas! Are you guys staying around home for Xmas? Sounds like miss A is heaps of fun, love seeing all the things you guys get up to on FB, and so pleased for you to be getting a decent daysleep out of her! I reckon any of us others pondering a 2nd baby might get a shock at how different that second one is. I know i'm already starting to wonder how i'll stretch myself between 2 timewise - but i know that you 'just do'

On that note, we are thinking about TTC early next year sometime, getting through all those Chrissy vino's first! I am just feeling so pleased we didn't have 2 close together, as I'm really enjoying time with T and he is still hard work every now and then which reminds me just how intense it could be with 2 "babies".
    For Xmas we have got Tadhg a table and chairs set so he can start having snacks and doing some artwork etc - hoping they are not too high, as we have yet to set it up. He is also getting duplo from grandparents which will be fun.
    Currently the favourite activity is zooming around on his little bike through-out the house, he is really fast now. He is also back to loving books, which took a bit of a sideline there for a while as he learned to walk and run, but back to very cool now. Also, he is finally loving DVD's - and will sit down for 20mins to watch wiggles, baby einstein etc. Can be very handy if he's grouchy or i need to make dinner etc.
    Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas xxxx
    Here's to 2011!
    Kelly xx

Hey lovely ladies! Only 2 days till Christmas, can't believe how quickly it has come around this year!

Kelly, YAY on TTC soon. And totally agree on getting through lots of Chrissy vino's first. That's another reason for an extra few in my opinion lol! Ethan loves books too, he is constantly bringing one to me and he loves the ones that make sounds. He hasn't figured out how to zoom around on his bike yet, he stands up and goes backwards lol! I'm sure it won't be long though. Very jealous that T will watch a DVD. Ethan's extent of TV watching is the song at the beginning of playschool, and then he's off to do something else which is obviously far more important!

Art, how are you guys going? Is DS excited about Christmas? Hope the sleep situation is still going good. Your dancing girl sounds absolutely gorgeous, hope you have it on tape for future embarassment lol!

Taurean, poor Iz with the constipation. Has it improved for her? I hope you can figure out what is causing it. WOW on the playhouse, I bet Iz is going to spend heaps of time playing with it. My two are ridiculously spoilt as well. I thought we were doing ok this year in buying them a trampoline to share but then I've gone and bought 'small' things throughout the year and when I went to wrap them realised that OMG I've bought a lot lol! Ah well, figure I'm allowed to spoil my own kids

AM, sounds like you are going to have a lovely Chrissy day with friends. And bonus that you don't have to travel very far! We are spending the morning and lunch at home and then going to the IL's for dinner. Then we will have boxing day with my family. Since we've had kids we have been alternating Christmas day every year and spreading it out over two days rather than rushing around to see everyone on one day. Makes it so much easier and then the kids don't get too tired and cranky. We have a couple of friends over for Christmas breakfast too which will be lovely. As for shoes I have Ethan in Clarke's. He is mostly barefoot though but had to get him shoes for outings. There is a place near us that has them for a pretty good price and when I went to get him fitted they had a deal on that you got the second pair half price. So I bought the next size up too and he'll be in them soon I think. Their little feet grow so quickly so be warned that the first pair may only last a few months! Regardless of which shoes you get I'd recommend getting his foot measured so you know exactly what size to get. Ethan has a very wide foot which limits our choices.

Well I better be off. I have a huge list of things to get done before the big day. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones and stay safe! Hope to keep in touch with you all in 2011, it has been wonderful sharing our little ones journeys xoxoxo

Just about to put all the presents under the tree but wanted to wish you all a very happy Christmas. It has been great sharing the year with you all.

Merry Christmas beautiful mummies and babies! Thanks so much for the past year. I so look forward to another year of chatting. You girls rock!

xx

PS: will be back after the Christmas chaos to post a 'real' update

PPS: stinking hot over here in Perth. It's really humid and the damn air cons just aren't coping in our crappy old house. I hope our BO doesn't scare Santa off!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast