Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2009 #3

I remember you Pooley!!! he he he he

Even though I get updates via FB it is nice to see you back here. Wow Master F is going great guns!! he is such a gorgeous boy xox

Ha ha, thanks Tk1999. It has been a while. TBH, DH doesn't really like me going on BB as he doesn't really get/ appreciate some people's point of view in some threads, if you know what I mean. I am trying to get better and get back when I can as long as I can keep it a secret. I do miss finding out how people's bubs are going. How is Miss C's toilet training going??

Totally understand... DP is the same! But he has his golf and I have BB lol if that makes sense.

Toilet traininig going ok - she still wears a nappy 90% of the time but more often than not she tells us when she wants to go to potty to do wee or poo... sometimes she tells us after she has done it in the nappy. We have undie time most days and sometimes she wets, sometimes she tells us and sometimes she is dry! I am fairly relaxed about it because she is young.

Hi Girls

Quiet in here again. It's crazy how time consuming toddlers are, isn't it!

TK - hi hon! I don't see that many posts from you around BB these days. Flat out with work? And you're TT your DD already - impressive!! I'm planning on waiting until DD is 2 but if she shows signs or interest earlier then we'll give it a go I guess. I must admit, I do quite like the 'containment' of a nappy!

Pooley - welcome back. Frazer sounds like he's doing well and all the random things that a toddler does. Iz loves using cuttlery and has done for a while now. I didn't think she was ready for it but let's just say our little independent girl had other ideas. She's got the spoon mastered (although there is always two as I can shovel it in a lot faster than her ) and the fork is now her favourite. She even ate her sandwich with a fork the other day. Hilarious!

Sangie - how did your aunt's biopsy go? I hope it came back OK There just seems to be so much sadness around already this year, doesn't there? I'm still thinking about taking a sefl imposed ban from BB but with TTC coming up soon, it would be nice to have access to the TTC threads. Yes, I'm addicted! How's little E man going?

Kelly - so you're off on a jet plane soon! Woohoo! You'll have to pass on your tips for flying with a walking toddler when you get back as we're going to Singapore in early April then to SA to see DH's family for Easter. Iz has flown a lot for her age and generally travels really well but she wasn't walking properly when we flew last time so I think that will make things very interesting (damn hard!).

Arte - how are you feeling? Have you had an MS? How are you coping being UTD and chasing two kids around??? My hat goes off to you!

Sanchez - V is just such a gorgeous girl. Her hair and eyes are amazing! I saw some pics of your trip to F.Is and FB and it looked awesome. How did V go with it all? How's round 2 progressing or are you still too tired to DTD? PMSL!

AM - you've been quiet on BB too lately hon! Work must be keeping you super busy! Are you settling in ok? How's Sam coping at DC?

AFU - Iz split her lip for the first time last night which resulted in a mouth full of blood, quite a few tears and a fat lip. She loves to do a nudie run after a bath and get dressed in the lounge which is equally as funny for us as it is for her but I need to keep my leg out of the way in future...she tripped over it and 'mouth' planted the floor. Ouch! She slept fine though and the lip looks ok today so I'm sure there will be many more nudie runs to come

We are off to Singapore in early April as DH has a conference so Iz and I are joining him. I'm really looking forward to it but the flight worries me a bit this time as Iz had only just started walking when we flew last time. I suspect she won't want to sit still at all and she's at the maximum weight for the bassinet so I don't like our chances of getting one of them for a nap either. Needless to say, our TTC journey has been temporarily put on hold as I KNOW I will need a few drinks to get through the flights. Oh, and the ****tails by the pool can't be wasted either. I might be lucky and find I'm ovulating while we are there so the timing could be perfect anyway!

We are also heading to SA for Easter to spend some time with DH's family so we've got quite a few flights coming up. Anyone got some tips to entertain a VERY active toddler on the flights? Our iPad will be coming with us which has 8 Baby Einstein DVDs on it and we'll put the Wiggles on too but any other suggestions would be good!

I used OPKs this month (as well as charting) to make sure I'm ovulating and all is good, we have eggs! I'm O'ing a bit later than I'd like (especially given my cycles seem to be shorter these days) but I can't do much about it. I am pleased to know the girls are working properly though. April is now the new Open Season

I'm going to get some lunch and get a few things done while Iz is sleeping. Hopefully she'll be down for a while as we went to a new indoor play centre today which was amazing and she was knackered by the time we left. Gotta love a good play centre!

Hiya,
    TK - awesome work on the TT. I am interested in trying with Tadhg but it's all a bit hard when he is at daycare so much - so i think we'll leave it a bit longer. Also he seems to have lost interest in the potty, and is determined poos goes in the toilet - so we may have to skip the potty and go for a baby seat on the loo - hmm we'll see!

Pooley - sounds like Frazer is doing really well, I would love to hear how he goes with the move to the big kid room! Fortunately our toddler room is overloaded, so T is staying in the baby room till closer to 2yrs - suits me fine! Way to go Janine on having #2 - i recall her saying she wanted a small gap, and she sure has that

Taurean - oh thanks for scareing me re the flight! lol... I suspect its going to be a massive task to get T to sit still even for the take off and landing. At least its a short flight, the Sydney one in May will be the real test! I'm packing dummy and books for sure (for on the flight) and wishing i had your ipad for movies lol! I wonder if he would watch DH's phone!?

AM - hope Sam is settling in and work is going ok. x

Well as per facebook I think we are discovering these toddlers are really testing the physical boundaries at the moment - T tries to get his bike going as fast as he can finding any hill and giggling as he flies down with me trying to run to grab the back so he doesn't run over his feet and flip lol! He spends 90% of every day on his bike by all accounts from daycare, definitely the favourite toy and word atm.
    We may not have had an early crawler / walker but we sure have an early talker, T is parroting everything it's very cute. 'Thank you' 'gone' and 'bye-bye' are my faves this week. He also attempts most of the names of his daycare pals and carers.

and TTC wise, Cycle 1 came and went... so we are onto round 2 - crossing fingers for a baby for my birthday (November) - because if it goes one more month its Christmas!

Hi ladies! Definitely quiet in here, hope everyone is well xo

Taurean, my aunts biopsy came back clear. Thankfully it is a benign cyst and she is having it removed in a few weeks, thanks for asking Last time we flew Ethan was walking. We took some toys/books/dummy/food and he was quite happy to sit on my knee and play. Although it was only a 2 hour flight so can't really compare that with going to Singapore! Can you try and fly when its sleep time and pray that she sleeps for some of the trip? The ipad is a great idea and maybe get some small new toys that might keep her attention a bit longer?

Kelly, we have an early talker too. DD was too so I shouldn't be surprised but I sometimes get a shock at what comes out of his mouth. He has started telling the dog off if he barks saying 'no more bakking (barking)' while pointing the finger at him, hilarious! Best of luck for cycle 2 hun, fingers/toes crossed for you.

TK, well done on the TT, sounds like your little miss will be early to train. Ethan is obsessed with toilets but only for throwing things in and not sitting on it lol! I'm planning to try when he is around 2. DD trained day and night at 2.5yrs and I think we started at age 2 so I might try that with DS too unless he is showing interest earlier. I don't think he would get it just yet.

Pooley lovely to have an update from you, sounds like F is going great guns! Please pass on my congrats to Janine, how wonderful for her

AFU, been busy bees as usual. DD started kindy as is loving it and I'm enjoying some one on one time with my little man. I have started him in swim lessons and although he cried for most of his first lesson he seems to have settled down now and is enjoying himself. He loves his little bike and spends heaps of time cruising around (and banging into things!).

Girls I've decided to have a break from BB. I won't go into all the details of why but I think a break is just what the doctor ordered. I'm so busy that I haven't been on here much lately anyway and when I am on BB I'm seeing things that upset me and make me think that this place is not what it once was. You girls rock though and I truly value and love our little group! So bye for now! I'm pretty sure I have you all on fb so I can still keep in touch with you all.

Anyway better fly, I'm taking both kids for a haircut. Wish me luck in keeping Ethan still, gonna have to take some snacks me thinks. Take care lovelies, see ya round fb! xoxoxoxooxxo

Sangie, I hope that you come back after a break. But I will still 'see' you around on FB. Sounds like everything is going well for you.

Taurean, A has a scar on her nostril from a fall a few months back. I am hoping it fades away in time. She is the clumsiest kid I have ever seen! Seriously, the floor can be tidy except for one little thing and sure enough she will trip over it! So over all the crying that goes with all the falls too!

Kelly, A still hasn't mastered the ride ons, but she is in and out of the cozy coupe all the time now.

Everything is going alright here. Not badly sick, but I have days where I don't feel too flash (today being one). Hopefully it will get better soon. I seem to be over the worst of the exhaustion which is good.

Hi everyone!

Thought I would pop in and say hi!
    Life is busy busy busy.
    Violet is well, is doing well at daycare and we ar loving having the time to do stuff. We recently put our house on the market so those days are spent cleaning top to toe. Am LOATHING having to clean so much and just want someone to buy the damn thing. And yes we are only on week 2!!

Pooley, good to hear from you and the fill in on Janine. Glad to hear Frazer has slowed down on the weight gain. Im sure him running around now will help in that department. I always wondered how you guys were getting on.

I just popped in to say that I may be pregnant (i know weird way to put it!). I had a bad cramp and was concerned so did a preg test being only 3weeks and got a definate BFP. Crazy. Am not jumping through hoops yet (once bitten twice shy). If nothing has happened will have a scan at about 6-7 weeks to make sure it is a bub and not a bloody blighted ovum and cross fingers have a boring pregnancy after that! Maybe then we may tell some people. So technically would be due 16th November which is a lifetime away!

Oh yeah Taurean, something to put on the ipad if youcan find it - V will sit and want to watch it over and over is a DVD Play School called Everybody Sing. Is all the 80's playschool people. I got it from Big W for like 10 bucks and even i enjoy watching it!!!

Hi to everyone, kisses to all the bubs and the bellies!
    x

Sanchez, Congratulations!! Wishing you a boring and healthy 8 months

Miss A is a big 18 month old today so I thought I would pop in with what she is up to. She runs everywhere and consequently trips over everything - seriously the clumsiest kid I have ever seen - but there is no telling her to slow down. She seems to have no fear, she is all over any animal we meet, loves water, doesn't care about heights. She is friendly around strangers and it only took about 5 minutes of seeing the IL's before she was climbing all over them. Not many words going on, but a few. She has a toy that sings the alphabet and she sings along (a, a, a, a...) and she counts to 10 (2, 2, 2.... ) lol. The other day she walked along and put her arms around DS and gave him a huge cuddle. The next time he went near her she squawked and ran away lmao. She certainly has an independent personality.
    I completely weaned her about two weeks ago (thank god that's over!!!). Sleepwise, she is waking once or twice at night and I bring her into my bed and she clings on to me all night. Her new big girl bed arrives next week and I am hoping to stop her coming into our bed and resettle her in there. Daynaps are a bit crud still - she will do 30-40 minutes most days. Still a night owl and it isn't uncommon for her to be up at 9.30-10pm.
    She has an amazing concentration span and can sit and play with playdough for an hour at a time. She loves (LOVES) to draw and has already filled a big activity book with her masterpieces. Still loves singing and dancing - seems she is the artist of the family.

On the topic of DVD's - A's absolute favourite is the animation of The Gruffulo. She just loves it and brings me the case when she wants to see it.

Hope everyone is well and that TTC is going well for those trying.

Hey all,
    Art - what a lovely update! Great to read all those details about A and the strong personality traits coming through Hopefully you are taking a copy for her to read once she's older too (i've been meaning to update T's journal for ages...and you've reminded me). I might look up the Gruffalo and see what T thinks.

Sanchez - teehee congrats (hopefully)! My birthday is 17 Nov, so i can tell you its a good time of year. Amazing to get a BPF after only 3 weeks, i wonder if its twins ;-) cos i think that gives you more hormones. You'll be needing a bigger house then! Hope your place sells quickly so you can move on and settle in somewhere new.

Sangie - sorry to see you go from BB, but will see you on FB xx

Taurean - hope all is well with you guys, and the holiday is going well! Look forward to hearing about it, and about how the TTC is going - must be nearly ready

AM - guessing work is really busy for you hun, hope Sam is good at daycare and you're feeling happy x

AFU, all going ok here. We went away for a few days and were broken into which sucks, thankfully nothing too bad was done, its more just the inconvenience of replacing laptops (including work ones) and files within and also the constant nagging questions about who these idiots were and if they'd come back etc. Obviously DH thinks its a priority to be connected and a new computer was here the next day. I've had a compulsory week off work which was handy and back into it next week.
    Tadhg is well, he is changing a lot, really becoming a little boy now with heaps of personality, he tells me when he needs a poo and is becoming compliant with nappy changing (if i can convince him to leave his cars for a minute!), tries to repeat words (bit of a lesson when he repeated 'sh**ty' this week- oops Mummy), flies around like a mad man on his bike, gives proper cuddles when asked - if you're lucky - and generally good fun! He's generally good at going to bed around 7 - 7:30 and staying asleep until 7am-ish, sometimes waking for a drink of water which i hope will stop now its cooling off. His day sleep is usually around 2 hours, but he did do 3.5 one day this week at daycare which was impressive! He's getting better at eating veges, but really only in pasta sauce, casserole, butter chicken etc. Still LOVES fruit, i gave him a small pear after i had a bite this week and he gave back the stalk a few minutes later! I do think i need to work on his dinners and snacks though because i'm a bit lazy and he eats too much cake, bikkies etc cos its easy.
    Hope you're all well and happy

Kelly x
    Last edited by kellynz; March 6th, 2011 at 09:14 AM.

Wow Sanchez, another one on the TTC journey! Congrats! Frazer is just such and active and into everything child, I could definately not even contemplate another until at least next year. I am just happy to enjoy my little boy for as long as I can before the next bub.

Sangie- I completely understand how your are feeling. After all I pretty much did the same thing and I also agree in some ways BB is definately changing from how it used to be.

Now that some of our littlies are sharing words and the occasional repeated "whoopsie", I was filming Frazer the other day playing with something of DH's and out slipped what SOUNDED like "F#ck me". I was mortified and hoped that I was just reading a bit much into it but listening back to it, my god that's what it sounded like! Hasn't said anything like that again so am hoping it was just a fluke.
    Frazer favourite words are car, bike, baby, choo choo, Mammar (Grandma) snap snap (something wierd my mother taught him) and shoe. He is learning to understand words and can point to his mouth, ears, eyes, nose, hair and foot. He is also obsessed with nodding his head and will nod to mostly anything if you use the right inflection when you ask him something. Hilarious!

We are dummy and bottle free here and it's great. We had a couple of restless nights resettling him without a dummy but once we explained "dummy all gone" he seemed to understand. Finally I have given the baby bottles the flick and he is drinking milk out of a sippy cup. We had tried previously to wean him off using them but 'twas all in vain, he wouldn't have a bar of it until recently. Thank god.

Hope all are travelling well, sucks about the break in Kelly. Haven't had to experience that one yet and hope I never have to.

Hi girls

I know I know its been like forever since I've been on her. Have "seen" some of you in FB so you now that I'm alive. Being back at work now just means that I don't seem to get the time to come on here and do a proper update. Would of course be much easier if I was a woman of few words and I could just say helloooo and be done with it but like thats going to happen - LOL!

Good to see everyone is going well. Kelly really awful about the break in and glad nothing of value was taken. Touch wood hasn't happened to us here but think our mad dog would scare most people away. Depending on the day he would either lick them or bark them to death so they probably stay clear.

Things going well for us. Sam has just turned 18 months and it getting bigger and bolder every day. Its an amazing stage as they are really leaving their babyhood well and truely behind and becoming little boys and girls. While they may not be able to communicate that much their understanding of what we say is unreal. He can be quite helpful at the moment and will put his toes and clothes away when I ask him too. (He will also take every single one of them back out again without me asking to but thats another story!). He is loving daycare and I am really happy with what they are doing with him. He currently appears to be going through his "minimalisation era" in regards to the painting he brings home but I am sure this will only be short term. He really seems to have bonded with the girls in his room and is happy everytime we pick him up. Like you mentioned with T Kelly, Sam will stay in the baby room until end of this year, at which stage he'll be 2 1/4, which is great as I think they longer they can have the most intensive care and attention the better it is for them. The carer to child ratios jumps up quite a bit when he moves into the next room.

He's a funny little chap social on one level but quite happy and content going off and doing his own thing on another level. He loves singing and dancing and wanders around singing away to himself ..... poor thing had/has to endure me singing lullabys to him each evening so not sure whether he will ever be able to actually sing in tune - if he does it wont be from me. He also loves climbing and totally believes that sitting is for losers! Why sit on your rocking horse when you can stand on it without holding on! His words are coming on bit by bit, very chatty but in Sam language rather that what we can understand. He can identify his nose, mouth, head and belly but gets his eyes confused with his ears every time. Mine said with force is used quite a lot at the moment but the dreaded NO word hasn't appeared yet. However quite how his head hasn't fallen off yet with the force at which he shakes it to indicate no .............. means the fun will really start when that one comes out. He is quite a determined little chap and Chris and I giggle over which one of us is to blame for that trait! Between us I KNOW I'm right and that its from Chris that he's picked it up!

Work is going okay though would give it up in an instant if I had a real choice but ............... it is what it is. I am enjoying it but its full on which is to be expected I guess as a full time role which is being done on a part time basis! I find myself having to do emails etc in the evenings after his gone to bed and we've had dinner and before I get everything sorted for the next day. As my role means I'm on the road rather than being stuck in office I can have some flexibility regarding hours so can set my appointments so I can do some of the pickups. To me the time in the evenings is worth it to have my Fridays or Samdays as I've renamed them. Have a couple of girlfriends who have kiddies Sam's age so we always have something to do on our 'day off'. We are still doing swimming at the weekends which he loves.

Hope all is good with everyone else.

Kelly fingers crossed for TTC and hope the trips go well. Hopefully we might get to catch up when you are in Sydney which would be fab. It would be great one day if we could all get together unlikely to happen given how spread out we are but would be unreal. T sounds like he is developing in to a real little personality and very impressed that he believes poos should be in the toilet!

Taurean hope your trip to Singers goes well and the in laws visit to SA at Easter. We are heading down to the Snowy Mountains for Easter and am SO looking forward to going away.

Sanchez - can we have an update please on if you are pregnant or not. Very exciting. Hope you are Ms V are good. Continue to be blown away but her quantity of hair.

Sangie - how are you and your two little darlings. You mightn't see this as I know you said you were taking a break but it might come through on your email so you might pick it up.

Art how are you going. Hope you are feeling lot less tired. Being pregnant with 2 to look after means you get a whopping great medal in my eyes. Are you due early or late Sept?

Well thats it for me for now. Kisses to all the bubs and speak to you soon.

Love Sam and AM
    Last edited by Now we're 3; March 25th, 2011 at 09:42 PM.

Hello!

Wow! Look at all these BFPs!!! Arte, Sanchez and ??? C'mon, spill the beans Missy. I don't want to be the one to blab! Oh, and no, it's not me - yet

Open Season has officially arrived! Yerhar Giddyup! I've been charting for the past few months and doing OPKs so I believe I am one armed and dangerous woman We are off to Singapore on Saturday and O is due sometime next week (most likely on the weekend we are back home though) so we'll be trying to sneak in a bit of BDing while abroad, lol. Still not sure where we'll put Iz when we do it, given we are in a standard hotel room, but I guess there is always the bathroom - for her or us! Wish me luck ladies!

I have the worlds most miserable little girl today. She's cutting her four eye teeth and she is NOT HAPPY at all. The damn things have been coming through for a good month or so and the last week has been quite bad for her (more unsettled at night) but especially last night. I got to sleep, properly, at 4.30am only to be woken by a screaming Iz at 6.30am. Shattered? Hell yes! We are off to the doctors this afternoon to check there is nothing more sinister going on and hopefully get a script or two for some 'goodies' - like Pain Stop Night which you can't get for kids under 2

Other than teething, Iz is still a pretty happy cherub. She's talking a lot more and constantly busting out new words. We took her to the zoo on Sunday with my parents and our two nephews and she added half the animal kingdom to her vocab list in one morning! She really can rabbit on though (chip off the old block? No need to answer that) and I really am dreading the day when she can speak properly AND expects me to listen and respond appropriately. I think I'll long for the days when "Oh, is that right. I'll have three thanks" was a satisfactory response. LOL.

Teething child has just woken and is still miserable I'd better run. Sorry it's so short and all about me but hopefully I can write more later.

I hope everyone is well! So glad we are all on FB as it's much easier to catchup on bit and pieces!!

xx

Who is knocked up??? Has to be Kelly or NW3!! Someone spill!

Taurean, did I see a thread that Iz has tonsillitis? Poor girl. I hope it clears up before you go away. Hope you guys all have a great trip. And yes, it is hard going when your kid is a talker. DS was speaking in short sentences by this age and he just never shuts up.

NW3, due Sept 9. I don't think I deserve a medal, but a lecture about using appropriate birth control might have been a good idea a few months back lol

Kelly, sucks about the break in. I hope everything is sorted now. How is the weather up there? We are getting a few frosts now but the days are still pretty good.

A shifted into her big bed about a month ago. She goes to sleep alright in there but she is waking about 4-6 times at night. I only need to lay her back down and stand there for a couple of minutes but by then I am wide awake and it takes me ages to get back to sleep. Not sure what to do about that.

She is getting good at building towers out of blocks now and has finally mastered the ride-on forward gear. Still only the 8 teeth but her gums are looking very fat so I guess some molars can't be too far away.

haha, thanks Taurean for the intro! I was waiting to get a scan but def feel UTD now - so yay me. #2 is on the way.
    Just a quick post as i can hear T racing in his cot!? He's saying 'go!' then running to each end, lol so much for sleeping!

Quote Originally Posted by kellynz View Post
    haha, thanks Taurean for the intro! I was waiting to get a scan but def feel UTD now - so yay me. #2 is on the way.
    Just a quick post as i can hear T racing in his cot!? He's saying 'go!' then running to each end, lol so much for sleeping!
    Oh, it's you!! Sorry Kel, I hope you're not annoyed with me

I held off for as long as I could and thought others may have stalked you and knew anyway but apparently not! Am I the only BB stalker???

In Singapore so will write more later cause right now I need a nap. Miss Iz slept well but woke at 5.30am...very unsual for her, she normally sleeps til 8 or so! And after the week we've had, I'm a tad bit SHATTERED!!

xx

Don't be silly Taurean - all fine
    Have mild morning sickness, and pretty tired - somehow i've blocked this part of pregnancy out of mind since T!? Hope it all comes right soon and we can get on with things! We have a really busy few weeks coming up - or at least the weekends are busy. Dating scan tomorrow to tell me when #2 is due - around 19th Nov.
    T is changing... so heading towards terrible twos. It's taking a lot of effort for DH and I to adjust our parenting style to suit this new phase - he used to be so compliant, and now he's realised he can tell me what he wants / doesn't want to do. Least favourite activities - getting dressed and sitting in the highchair for dinner. This morning i had to tell him that Jess, his little girlfriend at daycare would like him to wear pants - like magic he sat down to put them on, lol. It's all about finding the right motivation, or distraction i guess! On a bright note, he has suddenly decided that veges are ok, and will also eat larger pieces of meat that might require a chew or two - awesome! Apart from peas i'm mostly mixing veges in with his dinner - like cottage pie, pasta sauce, singapore noodles, curry&rice etc - so they have sauce on them. Ohh even avocado on toast goes down now - you can probably tell i'm quite excited about this development :-p
    Speech is also going in leaps and bounds, he is a little parrot and pretty good at communicating what he wants too.
    Hope all the other bubs are well and happy - almost time to start brainstorming wintery activities!
    Kelly

*sneaks in*

Hullo BB crew. Since I keep tabs on most of you on FB, I haven't been in here in forever. But since a few of you have dropped the bomb, thought I would share the news too!

We are UTD! Due 24th December. Congratulations to the other UTD'ers!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast