Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2010 #1

Oh Cass there are some really lovely pics there! and she sure does have loads of hair Your whole family is beautiful, thanks so much for sharing your photos especially the ones of your birth I put the amber necklace on DS yesterday or maybe the day before? It doesn't seem to bother him but it was pretty firmly tucked up under his chin/neck today at a nap time so dh want's it taken off when he is sleeping. Maybe for now that is ok but when he is teething we might keep it on during sleep too? I got mine from ebay for $15 or $20 I can't remember but I love it, hey I will upload those pics to phoobucket and you can have a look I think anytime is ok to start wearing them, HPL they reduce inflamation anywhere in the body so they are great for anything, doesn't have to be just for teething kwim.

MamaS I don't think it matters so much about the gender/age stuff that you mentioned. I think it's our own ideal that brothers will get along or sisters will but it doesn't always But I really have no idea. I guess it depends on how well they get along and you can never know that until the kids are here lol

fuzzy YAY so great to hear from you but you didn't give us much of an update of you? The sleep thing isn't down pat in our house some nights he'll sleep for longer periods than others and just when I thought we were in some sort of a routine he wakes more often again. At least he goes back down quickly after his feeds which are also quick so I shouldn't complain.

AFM I've been sewing and my boosters and wipes are great I think for a 1st effort with a new machine my back is sore so will be having a spa later I think, dh is on night shift so hope DS is a good boy for me. I'll be off to parents group by myself tomorrow so I hope again that DS is good. We've got a friend coming to stay with us for 5 night from Wed so I'll be a little absent. My weight loss is still going well so I'm pretty happy all round.

Hi ladies!!

just catching up on a few posts.....

HPL - I like the idea of daddy doing the bath! yes, I like the sound of making that daddy-daughter time, and perhaps making that mummy-book time too!

ahh the weight loss thing... well done Cherished on your weight loss. I think I have put some back on again I don't own scales, but put on a pair of trousers this morning that "appear to have shrunk in the wash!" (I wish!). So it's healthy eating here from now on!

vaccinations - well, I am pro vaccination. I worked with several clients that developed panencephaly (severe developmental disabilities) from getting measles, and there was a child in our area that died last year from whooping cough. DD has had hers, and she was a bit more sleepy that day and night, but fine. She only cried for a second from the needles, probably cried more from the oral vaccine in fact.

Cherished - yes, I have been thinking about the next baby too. My original plan was just to "go for it" no contraception at all, but then I worried that if I had a HORROR pg like with DD (ie perpetual MS and clicky hips), then I really wouldn't get to enjoy her time being a baby. So I decided to exercise restraint - for the time being anyway

HPL - did your exercise plan come to fruition? I decided to housework for mine. DH usually does the vacuuming, but the other day, when he came home from work, he looked after DD, and I did the frantic vacuuming for an hour, yep super hyperactive vacuuming, worked up a sweat, I figure that's got to count for something. Haven't done it since though! LOL! Yes, I really need to try and get out and do some exercise too....... Oh and Cass, we have dog & cat hair snowballs too!

Cassius - how is Marta's cold now? I hope she is getting better! Oh and 'lady cranky pants' "cranky pants" is the pet name I have for DH! oh no, you have the snot monster too??

teething: HPL - I have been wondering about teething too! DD is sucking her hands, my shirt and talk about drool!!!! my SIL (DH sis) cut her tooth at 6w! I hope that's not in the genes!

Hi Mamaspice!

amber necklace: cherished - does yours have the magnetic clasp? I am trying to find one with the magnetic clasp?

AFM - well, after asking you all about wrapping, I forgot to add my bit!
    When I had first asked (about 3 weeks ago), we had been wrapping but stopped as DD was unwrapping it. A friend suggested I try bigger wraps, and they worked! she stayed wrapped (and asleep for longer). Out of all the wraps I have (loads and loads), only about five of them are what I would consider big enough - and she only weights 4.5 kg at the moment! why can't they just make wraps a standard size, or at least call them S, M, L??? A bit like the sizing of the baby clothes - about as consistent as it is on our clothes!

oops - gotta dash - duty calls!

hi girls!

Milly: AWESOME to hear from you!!! I so hear ya on the wraps! we have only got about four stretchy ones that are big enough (i like being able to fully wrap it under her ITMS) and then only about the same again of non stretchy muslin ones (we do a double decker for miss houdini...stretchy first then muslin over that).

Cherished: i am so in envy of your sewing achievements! has it been hard to learn? i really want to get a sewing machine...but am worried that if i fail abysmally then i have wasted money on the machine...arghh! i have been umming and ahhing for years now....

MamaS: i shared with my 2 cousins when i lived there and they were brother and sister...they shared until he went to highschool...then he got too 'cool' to share with his little sister lol. so i reckon you have time up your sleeve in that sense. also our neighbours kids (boy and a girl) share and they are 3 years apart in age with the girl being the eldest...and they have done well (they are now 3 and 6).

AFM: well finally got DD in for her vaccinations (minus the rotavirus). all went well until DH got his whooping cough booster and passed out in a huge room full of mums and babies he's there being attended to with his feet in the air and a lollipop being shoved in his mouth bahahahaha! everyone was in hysterics laughing it was sooooooooo funny LOL!

Cherished - Sorry didnt want to barge in here and talk all about me! ha ha. But yes we are doing well. Chloe was born at 3kg and now at 8 weeks old she is close to 6 kg. The commuity midwife said she is 'eating for Africa'. Little chubba. She goes to sleep at night at about 8pm then I give her a dreamfeed at around 11:30 and she goes through to around 2am. But then after that she always wakes at 4 am for some reason. Just starts crying. I pick her up and she promptly falls back to sleep without a feed or anything and sleeps until about 5:30. Then she is WIDE awake. Hoping she can learn to go from 2:30 until maybe 6:30 at some point and that she wont need the dreamfeed. FX

Having said that - she got her immunisations yesterday too. Boy did she scream the doctors office down. Brought tears to my eyes! She was exhausted after that and slept about 4 hours but was then really grizzly in the afternoon and last night was terrible. She woke every 2 hours. When I watched her she was obviously in pain as she would kick her little legs and then wake up with a pained cry. A little better today though but the jab spots are obviously still bothering her.

Cas - oh no your poor DH! I know I shouldnt laugh but it did make me chuckle that it was him you had to worry about after all. lol

better go and get the washing in and the next load out before she wakes..

hello my lovelies!

Cherished: what a spunk your wee man is! just gorgeous!

Fuzzy: awww poor wee poppet! Marta also cried for a few seconds there...but it felt like an eternity...especially as the nurse thought the best way to deal with her crying was to shake bells in her face...ahhhh thanks but NO thanks! my daughter is very chilled and really doesnt need to develop an innate fear of bells lol. boob worked the charm!

Hope that everyone is well!

here we are all good. even survived an Ikea run today picked up a new baby bath (DH broke yet another one...this will be the 3rd...yes, the 3rd lol). i am still a bit of a snot monster, but Marta is well and truly hale and hearty. she also has slept the last two nights pretty much through...so am lapping it up for all it's worth. the other night was 7.30 to 4.30 and last night she went down at 6.30 (which is earlier than normal) and woke briefly at 9.30 for a speed feed () then slept through again until 4.30! ahhhh catching those zzzzzs is so precious..and now that i have said that she will be up every two hours tonight

Hi ladies!

Cassius - that is so funny about your DH!!!!

We have no problems with the night-time sleeping - DD goes down about 8.30, and wakes about 5.00am. I did try a dream feed about 11.00pm, but it didn't make any difference as she only has a few sucks. Having said that, she'll only sleep for 50mins during the day, with very little play time as she seems to feed for her entire up time, except of course when she cries. Our "arsenic hour" seems to go from about 4 or 5 to about 8pm! I don't mind getting up at night - infact I prefer it to our current days! fingers crossed this won't last!

Hi Ladies!!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing great - on the most part - ;-D

Nothing much to report here just wanted to stopped in and say hi, so HI!!!! Audrey still the little angel she has always been... Last 2 days she was a little unsettled but that's coz of her toothy-pegs coming through... My goodness teething is not fun, lots of cuddles from mummy and daddy, when he's home from work, he's started to work 9 day fortnights so he can spend Fridays with us .... Love family time....

We got our first giggle the other day, but of course nothing since, for the life of me I can't remember how I made her laugh and desperately want her to do it again!! Mmmm what a boring post....

Vaccination talk - check
    Wrapping - check
    sleep - check

Oh I know - work - the dreaded subject of when returning to work - bubs is 10wks old so that means I have 6 more weeks til I have to go back to work :-( I get very anxious thinking about anyone else looking after bubs - mum will have her Mondays, n she'll be at work tuesday,wednesday, n Thursday Fridays I won't be working til July so we'll spend it together..

Have any of you lovely ladies been thinking of returning to work ??? Or dreading the thought of returning...

HPL, I have to return to work in January too. DH is having the first 3 weeks of January off so Brock will start daycare at the end of January. I've got mixed feelings about it. Especially cause he isn't the best day sleeper. But unfortunately financially I have to go back in January. Well unless we win lotto, Lol.

i really need to get back to "work" too. (finishing the thesis = no $$). i am conflicted, i really want to finish and begin my new career journey but also just would like to have more time with just enjoying Marta. i missed so much last time with Leila cause the stupid PND took away so much. but i guess i have to just learn a lesson in gratitude that i am PND free and it is beautiful and life will be beautiful, because that's what i make it ITMS...hope i'm not coming across to airy fairy on that one lol!

Milly: wow i am jealous of your bubbas sleeping! we too only tend to get an hour mebbe hour and half max day sleeps...but no sleep throughs lol! our average is still a feed overnight. a hard night has 2 feeds and boy do i feel it then...

Mama: no doubt the carers will be loving and give him lots of cuddles during the day to get him to sleep. i remember with leila that they used to wrap her and bounce on the fitball and then put her in the hammock...whereas at home she would just want to be wrapped and put in the cot lol! they'll find their own way at kindy

AFM: we still have a snot monster lurking. it is weird! we all seem to get better then another day we all wake up snotty. argh! enough already! i guess it is the curse of childcare really huh?
    Marta has also 'found' her left hand. so cute! she is now staring at it like no tomorrow and trying to grab things. of course she totally misses but it is so cute!
    other than that we are all travelling along nicely. just enjoying the time...

what are you guys all doing for christmas??

oh and a big hello to all the mamas we havent heard from in awhile! renson, muminalice...we miss you!

Hi everyone.... Can i just jump straight to me today before my head explodes my sweet little man must be having his 9 week growth spurt and has been grumpy all day Yesterday was a perfect day by ourselves and today is the total opposite. Last night he fed every 2 hours and instead of being satisfied with one boob he had both and then today he had one short nap mid morning and it's taken me until 4pm to get him down for his lunch time nap... needless to say the tiredness just amplified anything else that was going on in his body and he's been crying lots. To make things worse I'd invited over one of the mums from my parents group which was lovely to see her and her DS but I felt so distant cause my mind was on DS the whole time and trying to soothe him and put him down and then he wouldn't settle then I had him up again etc etc meanwhile her little one didn't make a sound LOL anyway now DS is finally asleep his nighttime routine will be all over the place so who knows how he will go tonight luckily DH will be home soon and all day tomorrow to help me out.

Question: what washing detergent to you all use? Anything that is great for sensitive skin?

fuzzy your DD is eating heaps! I think DS was 3.1kg at birth and at 8 weeks was 5.49kg hope she's feeling better after her shots.

Cas no need to envy my sewing skills as they are limited! lol I haven't sewn anything since I was 18 so it's fair to say that sewing around the edges of square bits of material may be my limit na seriously it's easy. It can with a guide as to threading it and the bobbin and a guide to all the stitches and what they are good for etc so it's pretty easy really. I think down the track I will end up giving a skirt a go but I'd say that'll be about it unless I have a pattern or something for a really easy top??? I also didn't want to buy on incase I wasted my money which is why I was over the moon when MIL gave me one as a baby present as I'd wanted one since I found out I was pregnant. You make perfect sense re the PND and life being beautiful because that is how you make it. I get sad often thinking about the horrible things in the world and I cry and cry being so thankful that I create my life to be wonderful and pray that nothing bad ever happens to my family... then I have to pull myself out of it and remember that I am creating a beautiful life . Such a shame the snot monster is still around. Back a couple of weeks ago when DH had a cold and then I kinda got it I was dreading DS picking it up but fortunately he stayed well, it can't be much fun when everyone is sick

HPL I really don't want to go back to work, I cry thinking about handing over my baby for someone else to look after.... I don't think I could physically do it, maybe if I just loved my job or something but no way I am going to do it. I should be able to go back to my old job on the days that DH is home and he can look after bub, I would need to express a couple of feeds for those days so I guess it's possible. If my boss won't work a roster like that than I'd just get another job where I can choose my days. At this stage I would be due to go back Feb or March (lord I can't remember lol) I can extend that until September though so I will see what happens with our finances.

MIlly hi honey great to hear from you, DS seems to get ansy really early, around 5pm and goes down hill fast! I try to get him in the bath at about 5:30 so that he's on the boob at 6 and then goes to bed but sometimes he just gets so tired that he will cry until I put him down so bath, boob etc happen around 5pm and bed asap I also prefer nights to the days, unless we have a good day kwim but at night at least he feeds, nappy change and back to sleep so I know what to expect but during the day it's just lots more 'work' funny though as when we 1st got home from hospital I dreaded the nights, my how things change.

Christmas
    Not sure yet what we are doing, DH has 4 days off starting on christmas eve or christmas day? we will most likely see his mums side of the family for lunch and then hang out at home for the evening and have a family bath n nice cool water cause it'll be boiling hot no doubt. In the morning I think I'd like a huge buffet breakfast at our house with fresh juice pancakes, toast, fruit etc I have bought a new christmas tree though and can't wait for it to arrive. It's a white one and only 150cm tall, i did have a big green one but it's tooooo big to look nice in our house as we don't have a corner to put it in so the new one will sit next to the tv I think. I've also bought some new fairy lights and might go shopping for new decorations too

MamaSpice: Trust me I work in Child Care, the people at the centre will fall in love with your little man and think he's adorable! They will be able to help so much with getting him into a daytime sleep routine, so don't worry about that aspect of things. It's the hardest on the mummies leaving their bubbas with others, he might be great for the first week, then cry a little when you leave the next week, BUT on the days he does cry, by the time you are at your car, probably crying yourself he will have stopped crying and be getting lovely huggs.... It won't take too long before he forms an attachment with his carers at the centre. I hope that helps... If you have any other questions let me know, it's what I do for a living

Cass: I would love to be able to stay at home with Audrey for a whole year and continue with my study, but we need the $$$, so study is part time, work part time, mummy full time!! What is your thesis about??

Cherished: Sounds very similar to my day last week, bub has started teething How did he end up sleeping that night?? Sounds like he was really hungry having both boobs, maybe with a nice full tummy her stayed asleep for you... I hope he did..... Did I read correct that your bub was 3.1kg born and 5.49kg at 8 weeks? WOW that's a fantastic growth!! Well Done Bubba!!Audrey was 3.1kg born and 4.4kg at 8wks!! She is a petite, tiny yes, but she was only 55cm at 8wks too, so not under weight, just a tiny bubba! Its great that you and DH can work together and alternate the days you work! We're trying to work out that DP can be home every other Friday, we'll see how it goes. But its not that big of a drama as she'll be going to the same kindy as I work at...

CHRISTMAS: Well I had my MIL over on the weekend, and she TOLD me that Christmas will be at her daughters (my SIL) this year and that SHE HAS decided that ever 3 years we WILL be driving down to her place for Christmas.. I'm not bothered by that at all, I just love how she TELLS me and DP what we're doing, instead of I don't know ASKING!! lol - it's just one of those things, MIL I wish I was lucky like my brothers wives, they all love my Mum, probable because my mum isn't the typical MIL, she has the WORST MIL ever, poor Dad lol - he knows it too!!

I have different plans though, LMAO, it's Audrey's first Christmas so that trumps everything.. We're going to put the tree up together on Wednesday next week, has to be the 1st of Decemeber, but...... you may think I'm weird, I know others do, but each year I have to have a theme and stick to it, as in ONLY Silver and Purple decorations, with matching wrapping paper for the presents. Don't get me started on the presents either, I love LOVE LOVE wrapping presents, to they have to be perfect, if the shape is too hard, like a ball, I'll go out and buy a box that will fit it, and wrap it that way... I honestly just love Xmas, it's always had wonderful memories attached to it! No matter what's happening in my family, we always have Christmas together, whether it be the 25th or 27th of Decemeber, all of us, which is 15 in my immediate family, get together and enjoy food, drinks, laughter and presents!!

Can you tell how much I enjoy it LOL!! Can not wait for Audrey to understand the Christmas means to us, not just Santa and presents and all that jazz, but family... awwww a tear I my eye, I'm a sad sack!! Well on that note I am outta here!!!

Bye Ladies!!!!

Cherished: omg, i wished we lived in the same town lol! we are having a SHOCKING few days here too...i feel like i am looking after a 2-3 week old baby atm...we have been having long days with only catnaps and nights of waking EVERY TWO HOURS . in fact this is worse than the newborn 2-3 week stage i just wanna have a good nights sleep!! i got sooooo comfy in our one wake-up routine for the last 6 weeks that this is just shocking! but i am telling myself that it is a growthspurt and that she will be good as gold tomorrow bahahahaha! i can live in hope...
    i too went out with a friend this morning and TBH i cannot really recall what we talked about. DD was restless and well, i was shagged. just wishing to be home and in my bed or at least lying on a blanket outside under the tree...

oh and our tree is also a teeny one lol! we live in a tiny victorian terrace so no big gorgeous pine tree for us...but i am working on doing a massive light show lol! ok, so maybe just some icicle lights from the verandah

HPL: that is so cool that you guys have a good christmas tradition. i am jealous. now that our family all live so far apart it has wavered in the last few years. not to mention that we ALWAYS have to travel to them...never do they want to come here (sound familiar lol?!). BUT this year is different and i am sooo excited! my Opa is visiting (its his first christmas without Oma) so the tree is going up, the prawns are being ordered and i am so excited! yay! presents under the tree! and this will really be the first christmas where Leila will really start to remember stuff...so exciting! that said, it will also have some sadness as christmas last year was the last time that i saw my Oma alive...so i dont know, i guess when the time actually comes it will be full of emotions...but hopefully mostly wonderful ones and lots of memories etc etc.
    the thesis? well, it looks at the media management practices of liberal democratic societies in times of conflict and/or political unrest. i am using Australia in the Asia Pacific as a case study and broader global movements feed into it (so US in iraq etc etc). basically i look at the use of propaganda lol!

ok, better go, Marta is asleep and i should probably just vege out and relax in case tonight is also a tough one. we also have the builder in for the next week putting up the wall for the 3rd bedroom . but does mean that i dont have free access to my couch for R&R

Random Post.....

Audrey has been awake since 4pm has had 3 feeds a bath put to bed like usual yet it's 9.10pm and she is WIDE awake!! No crying no whinging in her bed just laying there.... this is sooooooo weird!! I've checked her nappy, checked if she wanted another feed a cuddle nothing!!

So I'm going to go to sleep and see what happens....

I'll keep you posted......

Night

how did it all go last night HPL??

it's weird when they just 'hang out' on their own in bed...but apparently totally normal as well...i forgot all about that, but remember them mentioning it at the sleep school i went to with DD1...

well we had a much better night last night. it started off pretty hard as Marta was beside herself and screaming. i had no idea what to do or what was going on as she was hysterical and not feeding. i could smell a bit of a 'smell' when i was kissing her cheeks and thought: 'oh no! ear infection!' as she has been so blocked up...but (TMI warning) i noticed some redness around her neck and had a look under the rolls....OMG! it was raw! i mustnt of dried it properly after her bath the day before and that wetness and the vomiting caused a horrible red raw rash!!!! i am feeling like a monster! and then i had to be extra mean and pat dry it, swab it with tea-tree oil and baste it with sudocream....one unhappy baby. i kept trying to feed her but she was so unhappy and tired, so i popped her into bed at 6.30. she slept for an hour but then woke again really beside herself an hour later...so i caved and gave her panadol. must of been the relief she needed as she slept to almost 3am...poor wee poppet.

anway, hopefully she is feeling much happier today. my guilt is still sky high though...darn it! gotta remember to check those rolls lol.

Awwww Cass poor bubba!! Those rolls can be tricky to dry my nephew would always get rashes on his thigh rolls they would always be careful to dry him but sometimes they would miss a
    little area and well yeah same as Marta ... How is she now?

Well Audrey knows her routine for waking - 4:45am this morning then back down by 5am slept again til now.... So I don't know what's going on - last night she didn't go to sleep until 9:45pm!!!!! Still no crying just hanging out as you said, it's bizarre that she wasn't crying I thought shed be well and truly over tired but she's happy as anything!!!

Weird weird weird!!!!

where's my post buggar I just HATE that and it was a big one oh well even though it was this morning I still can't be bothered typing it out again...

love you all that will do for now lol

oohhh it's so annoying when you lose a post! i have lost heaps since the switch; the new interface is tricking me! i seem to always hit 'go advanced' rather than 'post', and you lose it all!

HPL: marta is MUCH better the rash is basically gone and she is back to being a happy little vegemite

i love it when a pattern starts to emerge with their days. and TBH i really enjoy the early morning cuddles in the bed. Marta seems to wake at 4.30 and has a quick feed and a small chat on the bed and is back down at 5amish and sleeps roughly to 9-9.30am. nice little pattern, gives me time to get up and get Leila ready and for me to have some brekky and a cuppa.

AFM: well today has been HOT HOT HOT and i am loving it lol! finally! bad news is that DH locked the builder out today so we got NO work done . i left the house for the entire day just so we could avoid dust and nailguns and now looks like i have to do it all again tomorrow...not happy jan.

hi ladies. just popping in quickly again to say hi. I know I only really know Cherished and Cas from TTC times so nice to meet everyone else

HPL, MamaSpice, Cherished - I too either need to win lotto or go back to work and I am anxious about leaving Chloe with anyone. Plus she is now refusing a bottle so I am somehow going to have to fix that before work starts (Feb). Luckily DH is a teacher so he has all of Dec and Jan off work which will be FANTASTIC help.

Cas - arrh I dont envy the thesis writing. But your thesis sounds really interesting! Keep plugging away at it and you will get it done. I found when writing mine, it was just starting to write something that was hard..but once I started I usually got more than expected done. So good luck with the getting started part - hope bubs lets you get a bit done!

my bed time now x

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast