Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Babies born~September 2006 #112

Ok . Our kindy has sent home a skills sheet. I thought I soul ask some of the Q's to you girls to get a better grasp on where other kids are at.

Should be able to complete fairly complex puzzles independently.
    Beginning to do more elaborTe drawings.
    Can recognize numbers up to 100.
    Knows time by the o'clock when looking at an analog click.
    Can hop.
    Can balance on aztwo wheeled scooted.
    Can recognize the whole ABC and can work out what letter thing start with .
    Can do some basic adding and subtracting.

Hmmm . Cant remember what else for now. Will have to go find the form n come back tomorrow

Typed on iPhone so too many errors to fix . Sorry for that

ok jack is way behind then we have a speech assesment on the 23rd wish us luck

hould be able to complete fairly complex puzzles independently. (nope)
    Beginning to do more elaborTe drawings. (nope)
    Can recognize numbers up to 100. (nope)
    Knows time by the o'clock when looking at an analog click. (nope)
    Can hop. (yes)
    Can balance on aztwo wheeled scooted. (yes)
    Can recognize the whole ABC and can work out what letter thing start with . (so so )
    Can do some basic adding and subtracting. (he can do the songs where 5 in a bed one rolled out then there were 4 etc)

That is primary school stuff, a lot of that! Yeesh!

Should be able to complete fairly complex puzzles independently. By independently, I can not help him practically, but he needs emotional encouragement/support.
    Beginning to do more elaborTe drawings. Yeah not really. I mean, he can. He can draw a train and a helicopter. He just prefers to paint more abstractly than that.
    Can recognize numbers up to 100. Err. Really? Up to 12 maybe. He might know a few random numbers higher than that.
    Knows time by the o'clock when looking at an analog clock. With a whole lot of prompting, like 'ooh the big hand's at the top, so it's something o'clock - what time is it? Where's the other hand?'
    Can hop. I think so? He can wrestle and forward roll...does that count?
    Can balance on a two wheeled scooter. No idea.
    Can recognize the whole ABC and can work out what letter thing start with. I'd be surprised. He definitely knows some letters. Others he guesses at.
    Can do some basic adding and subtracting. As in 'you can have one bikkie' 'I want one more. I want two'? No I'd say not really.

Maybe those are things they want to be working towards throughout the year? You definitely don't need to start kinder with those skills! Perhaps some of the more bookish or engaged types have those skills and they just want to know where everyone's at. I reckon boys are too busy climbing things at this age. Even girls, I wonder...

By the way, have y'all seen Laurin's birth announcement?

No didn't see the BA. What did she have?

I thought it was asking a bit much with the skills.

Meg- i thought of you today at kinder duty, the teacher was getting every child to use dropper things on a leaf to make autumn leaves, anyway she was saying that some parents complain cause their kids don't ever bring artwork home and she said a few of the kids just aren't into the artwork so J isnt alone there, there are a few that just aren't interested in sitting down and doing it when there is funner stuff to do. (I know funner isn't a real word lol)

congrats to Laurin too! Hope you're doing well.

Should be able to complete fairly complex puzzles independently. I think so but she usually likes to do puzzles with us.

Beginning to do more elaborTe drawings. Sort of, maybe if she spent more time on it? I saw some of the other kinder kids who spent ages on their pics and therefore they were quite detailed.

Can recognize numbers up to 100. Maybe up to 20? Otherwise if you have say 56 she will say its 5 and 6 not 56.

Knows time by the o'clock when looking at an analog clock. Still working on clocks, has rough idea.

Can hop. Yep

Can balance on a two wheeled scooter. Yep

Can recognize the whole ABC and can work out what letter thing start with. Knows the ABC, as for what things start with its hit and miss, I try sound out the word slowly. She'll then get the more obvious sounding ones.

Can do some basic adding and subtracting. Adding yes, she does that on her fingers, she has to be good at maths according to her maths teacher father.

Meg is this skills sheet what they're expected to know or like what they are progressing towards?

think a bit of both. Today ge cane home with a shapeszbook. He knew all bar hexagon.

He knows his o'clocks. Knows numbers to 100. Can hop. Hasn't got a 2 wheel scooter. (has a3 wheel one though) can work out what letter some things start with. Drawing is terrible. Not so good with add and subtract. Might need to work on that one.

Teacher says his social and sequential play are behind. I always thought they were good.

Quote Originally Posted by shellbell3 View Post
    Should be able to complete fairly complex puzzles independently. LOVES jig saw puzzles.

Beginning to do more elaborTe drawings. When Bailey is in the mood he will draw cars and faces. Atm he has this 'thing' about clouds and lightning bolts.

Can recognize numbers up to 100. Probably up to 20......def up to 12!

Knows time by the o'clock when looking at an analog clock. Nope. My fault though for not spending time with him on this. It has actually been something I want to do with him but just don't have the quiet time to do it.

Can hop. Yep and rather loudly on timber flooring!

Can balance on a two wheeled scooter. We only have a three wheel one.....

Can recognize the whole ABC and can work out what letter thing start with. Knows the ABC and he is pretty good with recognising letetrs in words. Again....I feel I dont have enough quiet time with him atm to be able to just sit and do thid kinda stuff.

Can do some basic adding and subtracting. Will count on his fingers but that is all that I am aware of. Do Kindy kids really need to know this prior to starting school?
    Bailey goes back to Speech Therapy soon. They give him homework and like I said above, I just don't have the quiet time to spend with him. His little brother likes to be involved which makes it hard because Noah speaks so well.

I might ask my preschool if they can go through stuff with me and tell me where Bailey is up to.

This year is abit scary huh? I remember when he was learning to sit up, walk, use a spoon, all those milesones etc, I found it very stressful and anxious when other parents would say 'my child can count to 10' etc when Bailey wasn't up to that yet. He is a super bright kid, switched on and such a sponge when it comes to learning things but I still worry he is 'not up to a preconceived level'.......know what I mean?

Blaaaaahhhhhh......best rescue dinner!

Be good!
    xxxxx

We had Ash parent- teacher interviews at kindy today, was good to go to hear what they're working on with her, she's more of an introvert so its building confidence to speak up etc. Apparantly she's such a pleasure and too good lol. The kindy teacher wants to see her mischief side. My worry is always if she is able to speak up and defend herself if need be rather than bottle things up. And I'd hate for her good nature to be used against her.

Thats a great result shell... hopefully she learns what she needs to, to help herself.

We got some shocking news today, seems annika is partially blind in her right eye. We don't know to what extent as she is too young to take the light test they need her to do to determine it. Im hoping that its a very minimal blind spot that she has. It was the last thing I would have expected from Annika, shes never had a problem with co-ordination and seeing things.
    So unfort we wont know the extent of anything til she is able to sit the test and the optometrist doesnt think she will be able to til she is 8-10yrs old.

That sucks Ness, can see why would be a shock for you, especially if she has good co-ordination etc last thing you wouldve expected. Hopefully with her being able to do what she can that means it is minimal. Will she need glasses for the mean time? How is her other eye does it get strained if it needs make up for the right eye?

no glasses for now because its a blind spot so nothing can fix it. basically her optic nerve didn't form right. He told me they see this more often is cleft palate children its kinda a linked, but not always genetic thing.

as for her other eye, she will be having yearly checks and we have to listen out for headaches etc signs of it and thats all we can do.

Can I just ask - Have I done something wrong? Most people seem to have deleted me off their facebook, but no one else from this group. Not that I really mind, as I suppose I don't talk much in here or on FB. But I hope I haven't done anything wrong.

Hope everyone is well. It is cold here now.

I am doing my Masters in Social Work, so busy, busy with assignments etc.....

I'm sure you haven't meg but your still on my list

I better go check if your still on my list. I know FB has played up with ppl and friends just disappear. Has happened before to me.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011