Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Belly Buddies Due in March 2005 #2

Holy crap - I realised something today that actually kinda scared me. I'm a housewife!!!
    Normally this wouldn't be such a revelation, but I've been working professionally for about 8 years now, and always been able to pretty much buy what I want. Today I went to the library - and I realised how much money I have wasted by buying books over the years! And how I'm going to have to go to the library for the next 20 years until my kids get out of home and I get to be an empty nest mum again!!!
    It might seem like a normal idea for you guys, but for me - big deal. Lucky I was completely broke through uni, so I have some idea of how to live on $3/meal. And we have a roof over our heads so I can't complain too loudly.
    Anyway - got the GBS swab done today. I was hoping I was gunna do it, but the lady did it for me. Eeew, but I suppose I better get used to people sticking things down there!!
    Trish - your poor midwife! She must be the most tolerant woman in history putting up with your pleas for her bringing on labour! LOL, and have you passed your due date yet? Oh well, its not like its first time for you, so you know what to expect, and I know you are just so excited to meet your little girl. It will be very interesting to see how I am in 3 weeks. At the moment I'm pretty happy just to leave spud inside to cook a bit longer. No rush here. Well - not yet!
    Kayla - how lucky you didn't eat the fish and chips!! And poor DH, he is really in the wars lately. I think Trish is right - he is sick of you getting all the sickie attention, and wants a piece of the action himself. Hopefully his cramps go away soon, and hes all better.

Well, I must go attend to my housewifely duties! The kitchen needs tidying, and I should probably prepare something for dinner. How wierd is this!!
    Fi

Anyone know what time Debbie had her appt at the hospital today ??

Thanks Kate

Michelle I was just where wondering Deb was as well. I hope everything went ok today.

LOL at being a housewife Fi - I had the same revelation last week!! It's weird isn't it to technically have no job anymore. I'm sure we'll get used to it though.

Colleen - I love your photos

Tanya - Lol about having a dream about me and bubs came 3 weeks early and he was a she. I`d love him to come 3 weeks early, that would mean only 4 weeks to go and if he ended up being a she well she`d have lots of blue things to wear. Michael would be happy, when we got home with the boys on Friday they were so ecited that bubs is nearly here, it`s been such a long wait for them, they went through the tall boy we have for the little man which has got lots of clothes in it and still more to go (sure I need 3 babies for the amount of clothes), after they finished looking Michael turned around and said to me 'I can`t wait until the baby is here, BUT I wish it was a girl" Don`t you just love kids. I hope your pussy cat turns up soon.

Fi - Your guys sound like typical Burmese, lapping up all the attention they can get and more.

Deb - Hope your ok. If you want a Burmese I can always send one down to you You should see Mark with them, oh he just melts especially around the kittens.

Sarah - Your not alone, I was having a panic attack last week thinking OMG I have to find a way out for our little boy - how am I going to do that. Like you I`ve been quite calm about labour but a little worried about looking after him - Mark thinks I`m crazy considering I`m a Child Care Worker.

Maryanne - Good luck at your appointment and hopefully your little one will be coming soon.

Trish - It`s great that Noah liked his swimming today, I`m sending you lots of labour vibes, your little princess must be waiting for a special day.

I`ve had a very upsetting day today, as you know Dad lives on the farm here and he has 2 dogs a 6 year old Golden Retriever "Thunder" and a 15 year old German Shepherd X "Cassie", both of which lived with us when I was living with Mum and Dad. Dad came up to the house this morning to tell me that Thunder was run over by the truck that comes in every Monday morning to pick up the calves, Thunder went under the back tyres and was killed instantly, I`ve been upset all day. We buried him in Dads back yard as he didn`t want him too far away from him. Cassie has started looking for him everywhere which is also extremely upsetting. We brought Thunder from the pound 4 years ago. I get too attached to our animals, it`s always so heartbreaking when something happens to them :smt022

Take Care

Deeanne

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi guys! I finally have a chance to get my BB fix - it's only taken all day!
    Be warned, this may be a large post (but, then, when have I been known to write short ones?? ).

Kayla - that GOD you didn't have any of those fish and chips. That would have been the last thing you and Nixee need. Mind you, the stress of worrying about DH couldn't have been all that great for you either. Does he know what all these things are doing to you???? Car accidents, food poisoning!! Wrap him up in cotton wool and refuse to let him leave the house!!

Trish - you have one stubborn little girl in there! I can only imagine how hard it must be to attend to Noah AND have those contractions. Maybe it's a good thing to help you to concentrate on something else? Still, I have heard that contractions can make you want to rip someone's head off. Maybe Noah should just duck and run, LOL. Yay at him not screaming at the pool today. What a good boy! Maybe he is finally getting used to it all. It's amazing how kids change their minds so quickly. It goes to show that persistence pays off! Remind me of that statement when Little Nobba is refusing to do what is good for it!! LOL Thanks for the mobey number too. I have got the list now and will send it to everyone after I finish this post.

Tanya - thanks for your number too! I don't blame you for feeling all confused about the contractions. If I started getting them, I would think it was "it" for sure! I guess it's a bit different when you have gone through it before. I hope they result in actual labour soon! Emily sounds like she is a brilliant sleeper! Maybe you and Trish need to trade toddlers every second day to give her a break??

Sarah - big :hugs: 4 U matey! It's hard when we get a reality check, isn't it? Honestly, I still feel like this whole baby thing is all just a dream. Uno... it feels like I have been pregnant for 2 years because we were TTC for all that time. The concept of an actual "baby" is a little hard to grasp. I am sure it will hit me like a brick when I actually think about it and I will have a stress attack like you. Still, I don't think it's entirely a bad thing to have a bit of a worry. At least you know you are not in denial. Your Mum will be an excellent support - I am sure. Just because she had c-sections doesn't mean it is completely foreign to her. It's amazing how Mums can just step up to the plate when we really need them!

Fi - sounds like that massage is just what you need! LOL @ the realisation that you are now a housewife! I sorta had that too but I hadn't been working full time for nearly as long as you. Neil is loving the fact that there are always clean clothes in the drawers and his dinner is cooked. He was doing SOOOOOO much when I was working. I bet Shane is loving it too! I hope that camera turns up soon! If you can't find it by the time you have Spuddy, I am sure Neil won't mind if you borrow ours for at the hospital. I would hate to think you would have to resort to a disposable camera on that important day!!

Maryann - I hope your OB can give you some good news and tell you that bubs will be here soon!

Ok... sooooo today. Where do I begin?
    I had another shocking night. Neil woke me up at about 3am because I was "sooking" in my sleep. It felt like my left eyeball was going to explode! I could feeeeel my pulse racing through my head. It was aweful. On top of that, horrible heartburn and nausea. Neil got me a packet of peas wrapped in a tea towel to put on my head (lucky for me it wasn't a steak, LOL). It helped a fair bit. When he got up at 6 (it was meant to be 5 but the poor bugger was too tired), I got him to get me some more panadol. Thankfully I slept through until about 8:30am. Woke up to the phone ringing. It was my Dad! Shock, horror! He rang to let me know that he was doing an audit in Geelong for the next 2 days and my step-mum wasn't going to be with him so if I needed him, his phone was going to be on all day. I tell you I wasn't expecting that!!
    Anyway, Lauren turned up and we went to the hospital. The MDAU clinic is just down the corridor from the birthing suites. They sat me on a bed straight away and took my BP. It was pretty high (can't remember the numbers). I was hooked up to the monitor again. I had to lay sorta on my side to get bub's heart beat which was pretty normal and constant. I didn't get as many movements as Friday night but, then, bubs tends to be quieter in the mornings I find. This machine was a lot better as the button I had to press was on a little hand-held thingy rather than on the actual machine. They took my BP again about a half hour later and it was better but still high. After about 40 minutes of that, they unhooked me and said that the Dr would come in and see me in a sec because my BP had gone up again. The Dr. (another gorgeous, young, blonde thing - but lovely) spoke to me a bit about why high BP is a concern and that I would have to make some lifesyle changes once the baby is born (duh!! :roll. Anyway, she had a feel for the baby and checked my reflexes. She said there were 2 options. She would do an internal to see how bubs was doing. If it looked favourable, they might opt for inducement. Otherwise it might mean putting me on BP medication until bubs is ready. She did the internal (which was uncomfortable but didn't hurt at all) and straight away said, "Nup... bubs isn't ready to come out yet." as she was able to move the head around etc. So that ruled out induction which I was kind of glad about because I don't want to try and force the little mite out before it is ready. The Dr. said that she would speak to her boss about whether or not to put me on BP medication but that would take a half hour or so. They needed the bed so I sat in the waiting area. When the Dr. came back, they took me in for a scan so I got to take a sneaky-peek at Little Nobba once again. All the blood-flow etc. seemed pretty good and there was apparently lots of good amniotic fluid pockets. Basically, Little Nobba is having a fabbo time in there!! LOL
    So, after all that, I got a referral for a "growth scan" on Thursday which is another ultrasound. I guess they will be checking to see how ready bubs is to come out. And - you guessed it, no medication!! Grrr.. She just told me to buy some panadeine. If I get worse before Thursday, I shouldn't hesitate to call them. It's a bit frustrating because the panadol has done nothing so I am not sure that the panadiene is going to do much. Neil is really annoyed and has said that if I get anywhere near as bad as last night, he is taking me in. "F*** 'em" he said, LOL. He is working his second job tonight but has told me to call him if I feel even the slightest bit icky. He is really worried, I think!
    So, there you go. I am glad that I am not going to be induced this week (well, until Thursday at least) because I still feel like it is too early and that bubs still has a bit of growing to do. Knowing that this BP isn't really affecting the baby as yet is reassuring. Still, if the panadeine doesn't work, I will definitely be calling them!

As for the rest of my day.... I have spent the afternoon trying to keep plaster board for our kitchen dry and out of the rain, LOL. The sheets were too big to fit in the garage so I had to run and cover it with all the sheets and doonas I could find to stop the rain from ruining it. Neil got home and had to quickly measure and divide it up so that we could get it in out of the weather. Non-stop action in the Morris household, LOL.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Dee... sorry to hear about Thunder! What a horrible thing to happen. Urrgh.... the thought of anything happening to our dogs just freaks me out. They are part of the family. Big :hugs: matey!

Awwww Deb, sounds like quite an ordeal. You poor thing I hope the panadeine works for you & everything will be ok for Thursday. Yay at seeing little Nobba again though

Sorry to hear about Thunder Dee :smt022 I think we all get very attached to our pets. I don't know what I'd do if anything was to happen to my cat.

Debbie Lee Guest

Shannon - yeah I did find it a bit odd. They jump up and down about how high my BP is and how I have to keep an eye out for headaches yet I still go home with nothing but panadeine. Hmm... My sister thought it was a bit off. She studied Myotherapy and, as part of that, they were told that if a patient presents with at least 3 symptoms of whatever, it is cause for alarm. For example, I present with high BP (and erratic at that), headaches and sometimes blurred vision which are all symptoms of pre-eclampsia. There was also a slight trace of protein in my urine on Friday night but it was ok today. I guess I just have to keep hassling them if my headaches don't subside. Thankyou for your thoughts though

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks Sarah. It was a bit of a bonus getting to see bubby once again. Mum is coming in with me on Thursday so she will get to have a sneaky-peek too!

Debbie sorry to hear everything is not going to well. Make sure you do bug them more about the headaches they will have to do something soon to help.
    With the protien in the urine mine was only a little, then over a few days it went to plus 4.
    I would say you have pre-eclampsia but only mild.

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks for the advice, Michelle. I really should have called them last night. If there is a repeat performance tonight, I won't hesitate considering what you have just told me. Thursday feels like a lifetime away!!

Make sure you do call them or i will have to drive there to take you myself.
    I will be checking up on you everyday to see how you are doing.
    You are lucky i was so worried earlier i was going to text you to see how you were doing.

Hi Deb, glad little nobba is doing well, hang in there (easy to say) i hope the headaches give you a break!

Deb, not sure what to say about today... at least you got to see little nobba again. I hope the panadine helps... if not I would be calling them straight away!

Dee... what can I say, I sort of know how you are feeling atm. Except I haven't been able to bury my little one. My other cat, Mod-z, has been acting very different the passed week, which makes me almost positive Chamba isn't coming back! She is vveeeeery smoochy and hardly ever leaves the house, where as before she sometimes wouldn't come in when I called her. So I suppose Cassie will be a little off for a while too.

I had some really bad intestinal cramps today... It was awful. I also got to have a lay down which was good It also included an x-rated dream 8-[

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Michelle.... I promise I will call them. I wouldn't have minded you texting me. After all, that's why we have shared our mobey numbers, hey? Thanks for being worried about me.

Thanks too, Chrissy. I'm hoping the panadeine works. I feel pretty good atm. It's usually in the middle of the night that it becomes a problem. I'll take some before I go to bed and see if that works.

Tanya - ouchies on the cramps but oooo eee at the dreams!!! LOL I wish I could have some of them!!

Oh im so sorry to hear about Thunder Dee. That's just aweful!

Deb, you'd think they'd give you something for the high BP but i think it depends how high your BP is. I mean little nobba doesn't seem to be affected by it yet as you've said. If it was too high they would induce you. But because you've still got 2 weeks to go, doctors don't really like to take chances. When i was induced my BP got up to 158/96, normally 110/70 and they induced me whether i liked it or not, no questions asked, even though Lily was doing great. But i was also 6 days over due so they weren't that concered. It really is scary to think, 'is the baby better out than in?' But if you have the slightest bad feeling that something is not right, you should ring the hospital straight away. Hmmm...i'm starting to sound like my mum, LOL. But ykwim? Hopefully you have a better night anyhow!

Trish, your little girl better be on her way, or she'll be getting a talking to! Just kidding. Labor vibes to you.

Sending labor vibes to you too Sarah. Feeling nervious, anxious etc are very normal feelings. It all hit me about 10mins before i was induced! I broke down and couldnt stop crying. But very ounce of pain, anxiety and torture(thats how i describe being induced lol) was well worth it! You're gonna be a great mummy, I can tell from your posts. Hang in there sweetie, soon you'll be holding your little man and you'll be wondering what you were thinking!

Colleen, hope your backache is a bit better!

Labor vibes to anyone who needs or wants them!

Hey All,

Deb - what an epic!! I feel a bit bad, cause I knew the general jist of that from the sms you sent today - and I never said anything. Oops. Next time I promise I'll be a better reporter of your news. If you want me to be that is.
    Get straight back in there if you are feeling ****, and call me anytime you need to if you cant reach anyone else. I've got no problem driving to get you - its only 10 mins to you, then 10mins to the hossy, so please keep me in mind if you need someone to help during the day. I'd only charge you a little petrol money! =P~ J/K

Dee - I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Its a small blessing he went quickly. There is nothing worse than an animal in pain. My cat got hit by a car about 2 years ago, and I was very happy to see that she didn't suffer at all. Its just the most awful thing to lose a pet that way, so I know how you are feeling. Poor cassie - I hope she gets by without her mate.
    Right now Lily is cuddled up with Shane on the couch, and I feel very lucky to know where both my kitties are. Still thinking about you and Chamba too Tanya.

Its very strange not having to have an early night anymore. One of the books from the library today is called "A Pregnant Dad's Diary" - I got it for Shane, but he's not big on reading, so I've decided to read a chapter to him each night before bed to help him (and me) wind down. It looks liek it might be a little liek Up the Duff - so we are going to skeip all the early pg stuff and go straight for where we are right now in the week by week stakes.
    Hopefully better sleep for us all tonight, and at least a couple of babies!! do you hear me Trish adn Maryann???

Fi

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!!!!

Got a message from Trish last night at about 9pm saying that she was in labour.... Tehya was born at 6.35am this morning - 8lb 7oz

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast