Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05

Hi Sarah look this is probably going to be no help whatsoever, but i remember when my neice kayla was born, she was 3 months premmie and so was already routined by the time SIL bought her home.

I distinctly remember SIL always waking Kayla after her 3 hours of sleep for a feed and a play. I would always excitedly come visit at a certain time and wait eagerly for the time to come when i was allowed to wake her up.
    Kayla was such a settled, routined baby. Night time was always bath/bottle/bed, she would play a CD of lullaby music for her to drift off to. This was always at 7pm, then she would be woken for her last feed at 11.

So it sounds like they have given you great advise and hopefully fingers crossed it will help you have some reprieve anda routine going.

HTH Sarah

Edited to add: With her 2nd child, SIL had to do the routining herself and found it hard work to begin with....but decided to stick to Kayla's old routine with alisha and it seemed to work with both babies.

Sounds great Chrissy We are planning on the bath at about 7pm as well, will try that one out tomorrow though - too late tonight!

Sarah, That is the routien that I had to get Emily in, but she was 6weeks old and it took about a week for it to work. But the effort is worth it. Emily is a dream to get to sleep now. It's hard when they are so young, I am always saying to myself with Violet... 'maybe she's got wind' or 'maybe she's hungry again'. And patting them to sleep when thay are screaming can be hard... but hang in there, you'll be praising the nurse's advise in a couple of weeks.

Tanya

I just feel soooo bad waking him up. I have to do it again in 10mins for the last time tonight. He hates his nappy off, so a sure fire way to get him to wake right up is to do his change first. I give in really easy to the screaming & tend to pick him up for a minute or so until he settles a bit....

Oh My God!!!!!!

We just had our first sleep through!!!

John fed him a bottle at about 11pm, he was back in bed by about 12... and he didn't wake up again until 5.30!!!!!! Amazing! I know it was probably a fluke, but I can still hope that it might happen again

It was probaly because he was such a little rotter yesterday....basically crying all day and only sleeping for an hour between feeds....oh well!

Sarah... I used to feel bad for waking Bas up too... but all the midwives in hospital kept telling me to wkae him regularly during the day so he wouldn't be awake and want feeding every hour during the night. We've sort of kept the routine going here, so that we make sure he's awake for his feeds about every 4 hours during the day, but let him wake himself up during the night. Hopefully it seems to be working (when he isn't staying at nan's house )

Tanya... Violet must be growing really well to be popping the press studs Bas is almost doing the same thing to his 000 vests, but the 00 ones are waaaay to big for him.

Oh well.. better go have a shower and breakfast, and do the dishes, and put on a load of washing.. then we're taking Bas to visit friends of my Nan's. I'm sure he'll be an absolute angel while we're out

Wooohooooo Zola \/ You must feel like a new person with all that sleep! Isn't that always the way - they're absolute angels when other people are around?!

Well Zander slept from about 11pm - 3am so that was pretty good, her then got up at 6am & is back in bed sleeping now. I'm not so sure when to start his 3hrs of sleep from - when I put him down (7.00) or when he is fully asleep (7.30), any suggestions??

Lovely day here today, so we might go for a bit of a walk. I said that yesterday as well, but nothing came of it 8-[

I'd say 7 Sarah... but that's just my opinion. It sounds as if Zander is starting to get into a routein already. Lets hope it only gets better from here.

Zola, yay at Bas having a big sleep last night, the start of better things to come?? But I hate to say this... When Emily had a bad day she would sleep through... lets just hope that this case is different.

I got pooed on this morning!! LOL. I was changing Violet's bum and she squirted me!! LOL... lucky it was only a little bit...ewwwwww!

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - pleeeease don't cut your birth story short. I love the long ones (thus my epic!! LOL). I wanna read allll the details and I am sure the other girls would too. Ewww at being pooed on!!!! That's a story for Violet's 21st!!

Sarah - ooo ahh at the routine thingy already. I think Gabby is roughly in that routine but I don't always put her in her cradle to sleep. She is quite happy to sleep in the rocker or the cocoon. I wasn't going to worry about strict routine until she gets a bit older but, by the sounds of it, I may be making a rod for my own back. I hope it helps Zander out a bit.

Zola - yay at Bas sleeping through! How nice for you!

Kayla - won't be long darlin! You will be here before you know it

I managed to express 60mls yesterday!! Woo hoo! Gabby thought it was Christmas (well, she was excited anyway!! LOL) when she got to suck booby milk through a bottle. She zonked it for a few hours too! I tried expressing again before I went to bed but only got about 20ml again. I topped it up this morning and got up tp 60ml (saved some milk in one boob for when she wakes up).

I have to say though, I feel like a horrible mother. We put her to bed last night. Gave her a bottle and she zonked it straight away. It was a warm night so I only had her in a SS body suit and wrapped her in a thin bunny rug. She had her little fan on (just for the noise as it blows to the ground) and her music on. For that reason, we can't have the monitor on when we sleep as we can't stand the noise. Our bedroom is right next door n e way. However, because it was hot, we had our fan on too. I thought I would be able to hear her cry but, when I woke at 5:30am, I went to check on her. The poor little mite had wriggeled out of her blanket, made her way up the cradle. The latch had come undone so she was on a lean and mashed up against the railing! And she felt so cold!! Her body was warm but her little arms and legs were cold. I bawled my eyes out!
    So, the rule is that now if we have the fan on, the monitor has to be on. If we don't like it, then the fan goes off. All there is to it!!

Awww poor Gabby. But Deb if she was really really uncomfortable she would have been crying.... Yay at getting 60ml expressing that's great.

Ewwww at being pooed on Tanya, I got weed on this morning! And it was only just after he had new clothes on *sigh* more washing!

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh no @ Zander weeing on you Sarah! And on his brand new clothes! Little boys, hey??
    You are right, Gabby must have been ok if she wasn't screaming. I was just upset because she had obviously woken up and I hadn't heard her. I have made sure the latch is in place and, when I tucked her back in, I tucked her in super tight so she couldn't wriggle her way out. You live and learn, hey?

Neil's brother and his family came down from Bendigo to visit today so Gabby has finally met her cousins. Ebonie (Neil's neice) is Gabby's only "full blood" cousin. Her older brother, Shannon, is from his Mum's previous relationship. He was so great with her. He's 8 now so he got to have a cuddle with her. So cute! Will upload the photos. Ebonie is 3 so she wasn't terribly interested in Gabby but that's ok with me! If she wanted to have a cuddle I would have been a little nervous!

Hi Girls,

Zola, woohoo on the sleep through. How great is that. I think that the first time my babies do that I wake up half of the night to check on them #-o

Sarah, lol at Zander peeing on you. I so don't miss that. Another thing thats good about little girls I think that Tehya has wee'd almost on me when I was changing her nappy once but that is about it. Oh thats right she poo'd on me several times the other night wehn we were trying to get her pics done. Yummy.Hopefully the routine works well for Zander. I am thinking about trying that out for Tehya but she is a pretty good sleeper throughout the day already and nighttimes aren't too bad so don't know if it will upset the applecart or not.

Deb, Poor little Gabby. I don't know how many times I've gone into check on Noah when is was smaller and he was all uncovered and cold, curled up into a little ball. Still as Sarah said, if she were that uncomfortable or cold she would've woken up.

Tanya, I agree, keep your birth story long, if people don't want to read it all they won't. I think when they are cut to short you miss out on detail. All the little things that make it more real iykwim.
    Delightful getting pooed on hey. Oh the joys of it all.

Talking of poo's Noah so nicely just pooed in his undies. It is so much easier to clean up in a nappy damn it. In saying this his tt has been going great thankfully with only the occasional accident. Went to Joels footy game this morning and they had him play both his game in 1st division and the next game for 2nd division. I t was so hot out in the sun and there wasn't alot of shade around. Brandon had been feeling ill and spewed everywhere out the so we left and brought him home. Thankfully my brother was out there so he could bring Joel home. Seems that the gastro bug that Joel had is being passed through the whole household - not me yet, fingers crossed that I don't get it too.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww, poor Brandon! I used to hate spewing in public when I was younger. It was soooo embarrassing! Hope he feels better soon. Wow at Joel having to play 2 footy matches! He must be buggered. Eww @ Noah pooing in his undies. TT must be so much fun, NOT! I am not looking forward to that stage of Gabby's life.

One thing that is getting to me is that so many people call her Gabriel - like the boy's name. It's like they have never heard of the name Gabrielle before!! Hmmm... ah well! I guess they will all get it right eventually!

LOL Deb people will always find ways to screw with names Mum & DH's parents kept calling her Mat-hilda when we named her :-s what the? We kept saying, we haven't put an H in her name!!

Debbie Lee Guest

You're joking?? How can you stuff up Matilda??? Honestly, it's the name of a book!! LOL
    Do you think sometimes people just don't pay attention sometimes?? LOL

TT sounds like soooo much fun Trish! Poor Brandon getting sick, I hope he feels better & doesn't share the bugs any further. So how did Joel go with his 2 games? They were his first right? Or did I miss his first game somehow?

It was pretty funny Deb when he weed on me cos I was leaning over him playing with him cos he was upset - that boy hates to have his pants off. If I had of been standing upright he would've missed. Aah well, what's a bit of wee anyways!

We didn't have a real good day here with sleep. I went to get my nails done & thought I woudl show off the gorgeous little man, but Aaron left him with me rather than taking him home for his sleep. THEN we had friends over who have a 5yo & a 2.5yo and they kept waking him up ](*,) The mum yelling at them for being noisy didn't help either!!! But we finally got him down at 3.00 with his last sleep being this morning from 7.00 - 10.00, so he was not a happy bubba at all.

Awww Deb, the photo of Gabby & Erin is beautiful The others are great, but I love that one.
    Oh & I love your new ticker with the bumblebee on it.

Sarah, Joel is still playing trial games atm. I think that you may have been busy having a baby when he played his first game. And yup, your right, he came home buggered.

Brandon must be sick, he came home and crashed out on the lounge. I went in for a nap this afternoon and when I got up he was asleep still on the lounge room floor. Poor little man.

What a bugger about Zander getting over tired, nothing worse. It's like they are sooo tired but just won't go to sleep, I know if I'm that tired I soon crash out. Tehya has been asleep for the better part of the afternoon, I'd better wake her up soon or we'll get no sleep tonight. I hate waking a sleeping baby.

Thankfully Tehya sleeps through most noise, Noah was really bad at sleeping because the house was always quiet during the day with the boys at school. I think when you have a bad sleeper you tend to keep everything quieter, big mistake I tell you. He wouldn't even sleep throught the phone ringing. Try and have some household noise happening during the day or he won't sleep through anything. Just from my experience anyway.

Deb, when I tell people Tehya's name they always say Taylor. I don't know how many times I've had to correct people already. I know that I am going to have a lifetime of spelling it out for people. I thought that it was just commonsense that Gabrielle is for a girl and Gabriel is for a boy. Maybe it's just me.

Take care
    Trish

Deb, with any name, at least one person is going to get it wrong! With mine, it's the spelling, no one gets it right and it's the easiest way it spell it!

Tanya, when Lily was about a week old she had a baaad case of the runs and squirted me. All up my clothes and on my face! Not pretty i tell you.

Sarah, Happy Birthday for today. Hope you had a good one.

Zola, yay at bas's big sleep!

Trish, I hope Brandon gets better soon.

Oh by the way Deb, pics of Gabby are just gorgeous!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast