Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05

Default Newborn - 1 Month, April '05

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for April 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - April '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Trish
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB:8 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3710gm 8lb 2oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Tehya Makenzie
    Baby's Website:www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/trisharae
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Mild Jaundice
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 1 day early, home waterbirth

Forum Name: morv
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 09/03/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2985gm Length - 50cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte Katleen
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 10 days late. Normal delivery

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns: Reflux
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name: Bieleemorris
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - TBA
    Baby Name(s): Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!

Forum Name:*Luke & James*
    Baby's DOB: 22/03/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.63kg's / 51.5cm long / 34cm COH
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): James Keevy
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/peanutkeevy/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days early, Waters ruptured, 2 1/2 hour labour, home same day.

Forum Name: LumpyLove
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 8/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight -8lbs 14 oz Length 53cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby Name(s):
    Pheonix Skylar
    Baby's Website: working on it
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) high temps
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 weeks late

OMG Zola, just realised that on Sunday Bas will be 1month old - that just flew by!!

Still having sleeping dramas over here. I'm going to order a hammock after I finish posting this morning. I figure what've we got to lose - if he doesn't like it we can always sell it on e-bay.

Hope everyone's doing well

I know Sarah!!! It hit me yesterday when he was officially 4 weeks old....where has it gone!??!??

I'll still be bursting in this thread after Sunday though, just to see how everyone is doing

Have you heard from the Baby Love people yet? They're a bit slack if you haven't! Hopefully it's not even an issue now Zander has decided his bassinette isn't so bad after all

How are our other lovely bubs and Mums doing?

We had a pretty good sleep last night, no stirring at 4 and 5, but sleeping straight from about 2.45 until 5.53!!! Lets hope the routine is re-established for good....or at least a while!

Hey Sarah - what about Kelly's suggestion of renting a hammock?? Have you checked any of the local companies for that?? Might save buying one?

Fi

Nope Babylove didn't bother to reply at all [-X He can handle the cradle for the moment, but we're going to try a hammock now. I've been researching reflux as well & he seems to have *ALL* the symptoms. We're speaking to the MCHN about it today & then to our GP on Monday...

WOOHOO at the good sleep too Zola

I think I'd prefer to get a new one Fi, not knowing what has happened in a hired one IYKWIM. Kinda like the beanbags at the hospital

LOL Sarah! Touche! Do you reckon they sterilise the bean bags, or just take them out the back and hose them down? :-s

Ew ew ew!!!! You'd wanna hope they're sterilised!

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL They would be sterilised..... I hope! 8-[

Wow Zola! I can't believe Bas is going to be one month old so soon! That has gone quick! Does it feel quick for you??

Had another good sleep last night. She seems to sleep for around 6 hours on a bottle then I give her a BF and she sleeps for another 3-4 hours which is pretty good. I shouldn't complain if I have to only get up once a night. I guess it takes a bit of getting used to (considering I was getting 10+ hours of sleep a night whilst preggo!!).
    All of Gabby's aunties have been over today to have a play with her. My youngest sister, Erin, brings food with her every time, bless her! Lauren is frantically organising her BF's 21st for tomorrow night and it is frustrating that I can't help her out. I probably could do something but I don't want to make promises that I am not sure I can keep. It's going to be daunting taking Gabby out to a party for the first time as it is. Lauren understands though.
    It's 30 degrees here today so now I am at the other side of the spectrum. Instead of worrying if she is warm enough, now I am worried that she isn't too hot! LOL
    I have put the air con on but she is in her room sleeping atm. I didn't wrap her so she is starfished and it is so cute. Not sure how long it will last tho. She prefers to be wrapped up.

Sarah - I hope that if Zander has reflux, you can find a solution for it. The poor little mite! It's not pleasant.

Okies, well, I am off to jump on the express machine. I haven't done it for a couple of days so it will be interesting to see if I can get more than 20mls this time!! Wish me luck!

*Luck Deb* O I found that the more you do it, the more you get, for the first week I only got 20mls a go, but then a month later I could sometimes get 80mls!

Hi Girls,

Wow Zola, that has gone fast hey. But then I think if Bas is already 4 weks old then Tehya isn't far behind him, well it isn't til next Tuesday but it has still gone by wayyyy to fast. Sad isn't it. Why didn't the last 4 weeks of our pg's go that fast?

Sarah, I hope that little Zander is sorted out sooner rather than later. Poor little man, it's hard when there is not alot that you can do for them. Did you use the breast pump that your sister got for you?? Just wondering if it is any good?

Deb, Sounds like Gabby is sleeping great on the formula. Well done at getting 6 hours at once. I hope that you were sleeping all of that time
    I tried to hand express abit out last night as I had a blockage in my bb and after around 15 minutes I still only had about 40 mls, pitiful effort. I used to be able to hand express a bottle in 30 minutes - little bottle not a big one. All I ended up with was a sorer back. I tried Tehya on the Nuk dummy today and she took it straigth away, no problems at all thankfully, I was hoping that they weren't a waste of money.

Fi, I hope that the beanbags are sterilised too, you would think so hey, hmm but what about the beans inside..... yucko.

Tehya had a pretty good night last night, she was still up 3 times but atleast she didn't stay awake and play so thats got to be a good thing. She has been awake a fair bit today too although she is sleeping away now.
    Took her into the scrap shop last night to see the girls that I used to scrap with - hopefully I will be able to go back soon. I swear Tehya is like a little celebrity in there, everyone was going gaa gaa over her, telling me how cute she is. As if I don't know They had this horrible pic of her on the wall announcing her birth so I took them up a nice one today, can't have an ugly pic of her up - it was one just after she was born and she was sooo swollen.

Better go, Mark has sent me an sms to say that he is held up on the M2 with bad traffic, I wonder if there is an accident or something.

Take care
    Trish

Hey girls,
    Geez you cirls can chat!! Sometimes I get on here and I don't get time to post after reading everyone's posts!

Violet is doing well. I have the health nurse coming around next Wed, It's funny cause last itme I saw her I was about 4 months pg (Emily's 12 month check) and she didn't know. It must've been a shock for her to read that I had a new baby!
    As for expressing... I haven't tried yet, but with Emily I could only ever get about 30-40 mls. I found expressing form the other boob while feeding was the best way to get a big lot, only prob is it is very arkward!
    Sleeping at night... I reccon Violet thinks this time is best to get wind....grrrr. Her bully button still isn't fully healed, it gets a bit bloody, but does't have any infection or anything. She loves in the car and in the pram, which is a relief, Emily screamed in both, which made things hard when out.
    I am going to get the 000 clothes out, Violets legs just don't fit in the 0000 suits, the press studs pop at the crotch.

I've nearly finished my birth story... it's really long so I think I'll chop it b4 I post it.

I can't remember what else I was going to post... oh well, might have to pop in again later.

Tanya

Oh yeah, these are my details...

Forum Name:Tajemi
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 20/03/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.730kg's / 53cm long / 36cm COH
    Gender of Baby: girl
    Baby Name(s): Violet Crystal
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/insideofme/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic): nil
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.): breastfeeding

HI girls,
    just poking my nose in again.

Sarah- I have missed all the dramas with Babylove and am not really sure what is happening. have you contacted them and they not got back to you. I just had dealings with them about the buckles on my babylove pram and they sent me out 2 replacement parts free and I have to send the old ones back COD. I have a no. for Baby love in VIC if you need it, I spoke directly to the cust service dept and then the spares/replacement dept and they were great. PM me if you want the no.

isn't it funny how babies don't just do things the same and are unpredictable! If only things would work the same everytime eg they settle the same way, stick to the routine, it would be heaps easier for the parents.

Sounds like Gabby loves the extra bit of tucker, Deb! No sense being hungry if it can be helped. Hope you find a formula she likes.

Me being clucky is a very big worry. Funny that yesterday I had to take Jemma for xrays and I was crook in the morning, Arron said better not be MS, to which my reply was well that would be your fault! I have been a little concerned at the pill lately as I have been on antibiotics, then missed a couple and got AF and then I was worried about going into the xray with Jemma. I have made it clear to Arron that he does something about it or he is responsible for the outcome, but he thinks it will all be fine. I am not REALLY thinking I am pg but I just tried the hat on for size, and while I think it wouldn't really be a great thing I guess if it happened I would be sort of excited, on the other hand it would really muck all my plans up as I have to go back to work eventually and the timing is perfect with the 4 kids but not with anymore than that.

Anyway I have just hijacked your area, sorry abut that, a little sidetracked here. Hope you are all wewll and get a good sleep tonight.

Cheers Michelle

Oh yeah, Mitch you reminded me.

Sarah, when Emily was only a few weeks onld the health nurse told me not to have her sleeping in her rocker for too long. She said because of the shape of the rocker (which would be similar to the capsule) it is bad for their digestive system. That's all I can remember.

Tanya

Gotta be quick cos it's almost dinner time for a certain little man.

We had the ECHN come round today (who happened to be MILs neighbour!). Zander is up to 3.98kg so almost back to his birth weight thank goodness, his HC is now 37cm & his length is 50cm. All going well for him.

Wendy (ECHN) told us we need to get a routine happening with him to get more sleep at night. I asked her how on earth we do that with such a little baby. She says he should be awake for 1hr asleep for 3hrs during the day, so what we are supposed to do is - when he wakes in the morning feed / change / play with him for an hour then put him to bed. Pat to settle him, then leave him for 3hrs, patting to settle if he wakes up at all. Then wake him up feed / change / play for an hour then put back to bed...... This is supposed to go on all day until we are ready to go to bed at say 10 or 11pm, at which time he goes to bed & *should* stay asleep there for longer. Have any of you guys tried this?? At 6pm is his 3hr sleep, so we're going to wake him & start this whole thing going - wish us luck

Oooeer Michelle at even considering being pregnant again! I'm thinking for the moment that Zander will be an only child.

Violet must be pretty long to not be fitting into 0000 anymore. Zander is still quite happy in his.

I used the breast pump for a few days Trish & it seemed to be good, but with no milk supply it was useless! Great to see Tehya is a little star at the shop - but we all knew she was anyway

Sooo how did the expressing go Deb?? Yay at the good night sleep last night, I'm hoping this new routine business helps us get one tonight.

Ok I think we have got this routine thing going. He was a bit hard to wake up at 6pm, but his granny (MIL) was visiting & kept him entertained while we had dinner. Again, we are doing the wrong thing - it's dreadful that we woke him up. We're never going to win with her *sigh*

Sooo we have another 3 hr sleep now, then we're going to have a bath at 10pm - with the heater on of course - and see how we go when we got to bed at 11ish.....

I soooooo want to be in this group. I enjoy reading all your posts girls you all have lovely babies.

oh Sarah how scary!! I always found trialling new routines scary... I also didn't think they tried to get little ones into routines until 6 weeks :-k but I do think it varies between nurses too on the advice they give, the midwives I had were all antiroutine, and then the MCHN in our area (yep only one!) was for routines after 6 weeks, the ones in the sleep centre I went too were for routines from the beginning, its really hard to know....

I hope it goes really well!!

It is scary Christy. The poor little man was upset a few minutes ago so I *had* to pick him up, but I have settled him again - waaaay faster than ever before I might add.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast