Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05

Debbie I agree wholeheartedly on the BF'ing issue. And I tell ya if my boobies were a couple of handfuls less I think I wouldn't mind so much either Its kinda hard to be discreet when they are bigger iykwim. Next time though I am going to give it a good ole' go! Maybe even figure out how to do the blanket thing. Don't get me wrong I LOVE it when I see people that BF but for me its a personal level of comfort, I don't particularly like all my bits (floppy and all) hanging out for all to see

But hey thats just me

*hugs*
    Cailin

yep Deb DH always did the comp bottle here....and always did the bath from day one, or whenever her first bath was LOL...I desperately needed a break from bf'ing for hours upon hours and screaming vomitting baby and post c/s, I couldn't handle it at all, so DH was my lifesaver from the moment he walked in the door, and I would go straight to bed on Daddy's orders

Sarah- hope some of the clever mummies here give you some good ideas to help you. I have had pretty good babies all four times, but that is in hindsight. There were plenty of times when Iw as pacing the house and feeling like the next thing I was going to do was bang my head on a wall, there are very few mum's who don't experience some probs, but I think it is easier for some to forget than others. It prob will be hard for a few days when Aaron isn't around but if you guys talk about it now maybe you can do what Christy did and get a break that way. Are your parents able to help out much?

Trish- moving on already, how time does fly.

Cheers Michelle

Colleen, glad things are getting a bit better with James.

Sarah, you and Zander are having a bit of a rough time hey? I hope it settles down a bit before Aaron goes back to work. If not, you have my number and can call me anytime if you need to talk or just get something off your chest.

Trish, wow Tehya is 1 month old already. That really did go by fast. I cant even believe Lily is 4mths old next Monday!

Evening girls,
    just a quick one to let oyu know I've put on a couple of new pic on bubs site. Still waiting for a few to be developed.

Tanya

Forum Name: mum5boyz
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 4/4/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 6oz 51cm 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Jacob
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) -
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days late

I can't believe I can finally post here!!!! Still catching up reading the posts I have missed over the last few days so I pop back later

Sounds like that might be the way to go Christy, will talk to Aaron about it in the morning.

Granma (my mum) got to see a bad reflux episode tonight - she looked like she was going to cry seeing how upset he was. I've been known to cry with him!

Welcome at long last Nat! How is Jacob going?

Yup Michelle, my parents are next door & very happy to help, but they work too. My sister is on holidays for the next 2wks so I have her if I need someone.

What apain about your sisters waking Gabby up Deb. Hope she slept ok when they left.

The photos of Violet are gorgeous Tanya.

We had a great night here last night \/ Zander was asleep on my lap by midnight, but I was fiddling round on the laptop posting in here until 12.15. So I put him to bed then & decided to leave him with th laptop playing music - GREAT IDEA! He slept until 4.35!!!! I had to get up every hour or so when he had a bit if a whinge, but all I had to do was bounce his hammock for a few mins & he was asleep again.

Had a bottle at 4.35 & we are still up now, but he is almost asleep on my lap again \/ I hope this is a sign of things to come. And I am definately leaving music on for him each night now.

Yay Sarah! Can you believe that our little bundles will be 3 weeks old tomorrow :0

Welcome Nat! hopefully there will be a couple right behind you

Tanya

Yay Sarah! That's great, the music is good too, whatever works is good!

Collen so glad that James is improving and things are starting to settle for you too.

Nat- officially 8 days late, is that your earliest birth?

it is hard Deb to leave Gabby when the auntys are so pushy but maybe next time they can contain themselves a little better. Hope Gabby isn't too mucked up.

Have a great day everyone
    Michelle

Well the night went down hill after my post I think! I don't remember what I did between 6am & 9am, but the cat was back in the house & fed, the laptop was off and Zander & I were asleep on the lounge with Rage on. I'm not sure how much of that time I was asleep or awake. It's kinda scary losing a few hours where you have obviously been doing things.

I know Tanya, it is scary isn't it. I can't believe I've been doing this for 3 weeks already.

YAY for 3 weeks!! I only say that because those first 10-12 weeks were such a blur for me, I can only remember a few times in there O And unfortunately most of it isn't good... but there are some photos to prove otherwise too...like her first smile... things like that I remember too...

I meant to mention one thing that we started when we got on top of everything at 6 months, I guess its a parenting tip too... but when DH comes in the door now, we sit down and have a half glass of wine together while Matilda plays and we only speak positives. So if we had a rough day, for those 10 minutes we speak about what we are looking forward too, or what we did appreciate that the other person did for us... and then after those 10 minutes are up we do the night stuff now. The reason for this is for us to get ahold of what is going on, to remind us that the world isn't caving in and to get Matilda used to the united front that are her parents

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read the posts. I will catch up sometime. Today is Charlotte's month birthday. I can't believe that she is a month old.

We have had a couple of bad days. Thursday I mucked up my MCHC appointment so I was organised and arrived there 20 mins late when I thought that I was dead on time. The mistake was mine and I had to reschedule. I was very upset about it. I thought "How can I bring up a baby when I can't even get to an appointment on time?" So after that messed up day we had a bad day yesterday of much crying and no sleeping. By the end of the day Charlotte and I were completely ragged. Eventually I called my mum to come over and give me a hand which calmed us both down a little. Naturally last night wasn't a good night but the feeds and sleeps seem to be working to schedule today and hopefully we will get a good 5 hours sleep again tonight.

I hope you are all going well. I am now heading over to 1 to 3 month group which is amazing. It will be good to see you all there eventually.

Maryann

Congratulations Maryann! Sorry to hear you are having a rough time tho, I hope little Charlotte getts better soon.

Tanya

Thanks for the welcome all! Jacob has been doing really well at home. we had the midwife come and visit today to check his weight and he is back to 10gms under his birth weight so we were pretty happy with that. He is taking to breastfeeding like a duck to water and his brothers find his way of finishing each feed with his pull boob, suck boob, head flop hysterical! I was kind of hoping that I would have had him before the school holidays so we could get a little organised, but have found having the boys home since his birth has been fantastic. I can see one very spoilt, protected little brother here.

Maryann - sorry to here you have had a couple of rough days - here's to much better ones on the way for you.

Michelle - 8 days is my earliest natural birth. Zac was induced at 3 days as he was pinching my syatic (sp?) nerve and my back was a mess.

Sounds like Jacob is going really well Nat. Congrats again.

Wow at Charlotte being a month old Maryann, time flies hey?! How was she today?

Sounds like you & DH have things sorted out really well Christy & I'm sure Matilda will benefit from that sort of attitude. I have a feeling our fist few weeks are going to be a blur too. Already I've forgotten 1/2 the stuff we've done!

We've had a pretty good day today. Not too many hysterical cries & no vomits - WOOHOO! I think the Losec is starting to work \/

I had some time ou today - went shopping with mum to spend my birthday money. I bought a pair of jeans & The Incredibles DVD. Couldn't find a top though, they all seem too short & tight with the bit of preggy belly I have left.

That's great that Zander has had no spews today Sarah! Good on you for having a bit of time out, we always need that once in a while.

Nat, glad to hear Jacob is settling in well.

Maryann, congratz on moving up to 1 month. Time really flys after they're born hey?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast