Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05

Hey guys,

I notice Deb still hasn't posted - she sent me an SMS yesterday saying she had a dose of gastro, so thats probably the reason.
    Sarah - glad to hear things are getting better for you. Fingers crossed everything is easy and downhill from here!
    Nat - doesn't Jacob sound like a spoilt little darling! Wait until he's 10 and all his big bro's are beating him up!!! Boys huh? Gotta love them!

Ducking my head out for hopefully only a few more days!!! I was thinking though - Deb got her first dose of gel I think 4-5 days before Gabby was finally born?? I couldn't handle having to wait until Friday to meet spud..... Please let it be a quiet week at hossy!! I need this child to come out!!

Fi

Hi Girls,

Well I know that I shouldn't still be in here but couldn't help it

Sarah, Woohoo on finally getting out to do some shopping. I found the same problem with tops too. Fantastic that Zanders meds seem to be working, now to get him sleeping better.

Tanya, gorgeous pics of Violet. She's such a cutey.

Maryann, how sad is it that Charlotte is already a month old. It goes so fast here. I will see you in the next forum as soon as I can.

Nat, had to lol at your boys thinking Jacobs feeding is funny. Noah likes to sit there and watch sometimes. I offered it to him and of course he said no. Funny how this was the baby that I couldn't get off the boob last January when he was 20 months old. Sounds like Jacob is doing well with the bf and growth.

Deb, I hope that you and Gabby are doing good (apart from the gastro) It has been going around something bad around here. The whole household has had it apart from me, sorry to say that it hangs around, Tehya has had it on and off since she was 2 weeks old, Mark has had it for over a week too now. Hopefully yours goes away soon.

My "good" baby seems to have disappeared for the moment. I was up with her every 2 hours last night for feeds, she was the same during the day too. Friday night was pretty unsettled too. She normally poos heaps and the last couple of days hasn't been going as often and I think that is half of her problem, once she gets it out she settles better. Poor bubby.

So girls I guess this is goodbye. See you in the next forum. Of course I will be back to stick my head in and chat - like you can shut me up

Take care
    Trish

Can a mod please move my details over to the next forum please

Thank you

Take care
    Trish

We had a good night last night \/ Slept from 11.45 - 3.30, had a bottle then slept from 4.00 - 7.00 WOOHOOOOOOO!!! Very very happy mummy today.

Awww bye Trish, we'll be there in 10 days. You can hang around still, we won't tell anyone I hope Tehya can get her poo problems sorted out so you can get some more sleep. I can see why they use sleep deprivation as a torture method now!

Well I'm off, have to get myself organised to get the groceries & some photos printed for mum.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - it is sooooo great to hear that Zander is settling down! Woo hoo for you guys! You must feel like a new woman with some actual sleep under your belt!

Trish - who says you have to leave anyway?? You all know that I don't disappear for a while once I get used to a thread so, to me, everyone can hang out as long as they like Congrats to Tehya for hitting 1 month already. Man, that has gone fast!! Sorry to hear that she isn't sleeping as well as usual. Perhaps a growth spurt?

Fi - don't worry about the induction process. Like I said in my SMS to you, I wasn't even due yet, Gabby wasn't even presenting well, I hadn't had any niggles or even BH's so I was induced WAY too early. I would never accept gel again unless I was overdue and my cervix was ready for it. I bet you will get one dose of gel and that's all you will need! So don't go having nightmares about going through the same crap as me - cos it ain't gonna happen!

Nat - Welcome, finally! Congratulations on the birth of little Jacob. It sounds like his brothers are being really helpful and protective.

Tanya - just checked out your site and Violet is looking sooooo cute! Can't wait to see more pics

As Fi said, I got a lovely bought of gastro yesterday. I went to bed on Friday night feeling really aweful. By 2am I was puking my guts out. Of course, Gabby woke up AS I was spewing! Timing! Neil helped me to feed her a bottle because I just couldn't sit up and I expressed a little but I was just too icky. I spent the night running to the toilet and trying to get Gabby back to sleep. She chose that night to wake every 2 hours (and sometimes every hour). Urrgh! It was horrible!
    Mum came over yesterday to help out and she was an absolute God-send. I would get up every couple of hours to feed Gabby. It was hard because she would take a good hour and a half to feed but then she would zonk it for 2 hours while I slept. Mum did the dishes and pottered around the house while I snored, LOL. Gabby went down for her last nap at 5pm then didn't wake up until 8:30pm which was wonderful. Mum went home after dinner (not that I ate anything!) and Neil and I watched a DVD. I started to feel a little better and managed to force myself to eat some fruit and a salada. I was just so frightened that Gabby would miss out on her nutrients if I didn't eat anything.
    She was up every 3 hours last night (even after finishing her bottle that she normally only has half of!) so I think it's a growth spurt thing again. Still, strung together, I got about 8 hours. She is sleeping now and has been for an hour and a half so I really can't complain. I feel much better now too - I am sooooo glad this didn't last all week!
    Neil seems ok and Mum says that Gabby will probably be ok because of all the good stuff that breast milk contains. I am keeping my fingers crossed n e way!

Forum Name: LumpyLove
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 8/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight -8lbs 14 oz Length 53cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Pheonix Skylar
    Baby's Website: working on it
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) high temps
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 weeks late

Deb that must be pretty hard trying to look after a baby while you're not feeling great yourself. Glad it was only short lived & fingers crossed Neil & gabby don't get it.

Well, getting very nervous about Aaron going back to work tomorrow, but I think we'll cope. He's out at the shops now so it's not like we aren't used to be alone for a while.

Welcome Kayla and Pheonix!!!

Sarah I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Welcome Kayla!!

Sarah - you will be fine tomorrow mate. Trust in yourself. You always have my number if you need to call and vent to someone, okies?

Colleen - sounds like you have had a huge day. I am with you on the DH's not really knowing HOW we do it. I guess that's why we are women, hey? And that's why we bare the children.

Gabby slept from 10:30am through to 2:30pm and only woke because I turned off her music and the fan. Why couldn't she have slept for a 4 hour stint last night?? :roll: Then it took me 3 hours of feeding, changing bums. more feeding, more changing bum, YET more feeding and FINALLY she went back to sleep. By the end she was hardly even bothering to give the boob a good suck and was just playing around. I tried the dummy and she pulled the biggest face. Urrgh! Here's hoping she is down until at least 8pm! I told Neil he could go to her if she wakes up in the next hour. I have had enough, LOL.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678