Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, July '05

Default Newborn - 1 Month, July '05

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for July 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - July '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: LG
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 30 June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.52kg Length - 52cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby Name(s): Evan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/n/nickandlinds

Forum Name: Tigergirl1980
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB:30th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -7lb 5oz Length -54 cms Head Circ -34cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Jonah Alexander
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ouralienbaby/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None now as they are all clear.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3 weeks early, forceps delivery after pushing for 2 hours.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Wardygirl
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 30th June 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4110 gm /9lb 1oz Length - 53.5cm Head Circ - 36.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Blake Elliott
    Baby's Website: TBA
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3 days late, natural 5 hour labour. Spent 5 days on antibiotics due to GBS+
    __________________________________________________ ________

Forum Name: beckles
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB: 1st july 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.8kg, 51.5cm, 37cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby Name(s): Oscar
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: emergency c/section brow presentation & posterier

Forum Name: Mama Mel
    Baby's DOB: 4th July, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3700g Length - 54cms Head Circ - 35cms
    Baby Name(s): Ryan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourlilboy
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born on due date! Water birth with gas

Forum Name: Gemma
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3130g (6lb 14oz) - Length 49cm- Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Amy Jade
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emergency c-sect after 24 hrs labour and only 3cm dialated. Cord around Amy's neck twice.

Forum Name: Kate10
    Baby's DOB: 09-07-2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4400g, Length - 56cm, Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Kelsey Shayne
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourone/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: sunbeam koala
    State: Denmark (overseas)
    Baby's DOB: 10/07/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3500kg Length - 52cm Head Circ -
    Baby Name(s): Andreas Rohan
    Baby's Website: www.mikaidt.dk/2005/birth
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

Forum Name: Mumofbundlezofjoy
    Baby's DOB: 19/07/05
    Stats: 4625gms, 52.5cm, 36cm head circumfrence
    Name: Dion Michael
    Health concerns: a little bit of jaundice
    Notes: Born at 39weeks 4 days, natural delivery

*Megan* Guest

Heather - your experience sounds amazing -can't wait to read it in full!! I ventured out on day 6 with Finlay and he slept the whole time like little Hendrix! I am glad that you are loving motherhood...it is very special!

I am sooooo sleep deprived at the moment! Having a hard time as all I feel that I am doing is changing, feeding and washing...

Hope that everyone else is OK!

Megan

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Just a quick check-in (was just checking the due threads for news). We are going out soon, to visit a great-grandmother (well, the children's great grandmother) and then to Big W so I can get a breast pump and other stuff. Miss M cried the whole time I was having my shower and trying to dress so I come out here half dressed with a towel around my head and NOW she's gone to sleep lol. Typical. Now DH is in the bathroom so I have to wait till he's out so I can do my hair etc.

Our nights haven't been too bad. She did do another spew the night before last but there's no pattern to it and she's not upset before or after so I don't think it's reflux, it's probably her being a piggy and I think my let-down is too fast so have been trying to posture feed her.

Brooke and Heather - I think with the whole sleeping in the day/awake during night, it takes them about 6 weeks to work out the difference between day and night (usually). Something called, I think, the Circadian Rhythm?

Hope your nights get better and you get some rest. If it makes you feel any better, I'm the same with the whole feed, change, settle, washing thing. You'd think I'd be a bit more organised with 3 kids. So glad Dh is self employed, if he was back at work I'd be a mess trying to get the 3 of them organised.

I too am feeling sleep deprivation. Every time I think I have got Erykah's pattern she changes it bless her.

It took us till midnight to settle her last night. She would sleep but as soon as we put her on her back she would throw her arms and legs in the air and grimace in pain and then wake herself up.

I managed to settle her by midnight and then she woke at 2 took an hour to settle down and then woke at 7.30.

She then ate well and then threw up all over me and the carpet poor thing. I managed to get her back down by 10am. Having shed a tear as I felt so tired and wanted to sleep.

Now she is asleep and fed at 12 but I am now unable to drop off having tried.

Typical.

But yes I feel that all I do is feed, wind, change, bath and washing/ironing.

We are having take away tonight with some friends and a bottle of wine. I hope she sleeps but then again our friends would cuddle her to give us a break for a couple of hours.

Can't wait for my mum to arrive 18th Sept for 2 wks. She is dying to help as is my gran but they can't do much being the other side of the world.

Have a good weekend everyone and I will see you in the 1 - 3 months as I will graduate on monday.

Jo

Stormi Guest

Morning all,

Makenzie is having her first trip to the doctors this morning. I think she has some sort of flu-like infection (TMI warning - had green/yellow snot coming out of her nose this morning). So thought we'd better take her to get checked. Most annoying as I had planned to feed her this morning then go back to bed for a couple of hours - now we are going to the docs instead.

We went on an outing yesterday - visited DH's dad and grandmother, Makenzie slept the whole time, then went to Big W - Makenzie slept the whole time. Managed to find a Pur breastpump in Big W for $50 so bought that one, as I was reluctant to pay $100 for one that I probably will only use rarely. I'm so annoyed because when I was buying baby clothes during the end of my pg, Big W hardly had any winter clothes for babies. When I looked yesterday, they had HEAPS of the most gorgeous outfits but I couldn't justify buying more. Did buy her a couple of skivvies as she has a couple of outfits that need tops under them - one is a white paddington bear skivvy and the other one is a hot pink one lol.

I just realised that Makenzie is not on my Medicare card yet so we'll probably have to pay the doctors up front and then claim back. I need to do a trip to Medicare and my health fund with all my bills/receipts etc and get Miss M added to everything.

Anyway, I better go get myself dressed and the boys dressed. It is sooooooo annoying not being allowed to drive after a c/s. That means that DH and the boys all have to come to the doctors. I was contemplating driving myself but I'm still a bit sore so it's probably not a good idea.

Megan - have you driven yet?

Welcome to Heather and Hendrix to the Newborn Forum!

*Megan* Guest

Hello everyone

Lisa - I drove for the first time last night! Adam and I went out for dinner (without bubs! 8-[ ) although we had a lovely time, I felt like my right arm had been cut off!! Very strange feeling to be out and about without the baby...Sorry to hear about Mackenzies snotty nose - is she OK now?

Brooke - it is a HUGE change! I am OK now - but in the first 2 weeks I felt very challenged by the whole situation....

Jo - so sorry to hear about your bubbies sleeping patterns (or lack there of..) I hope that Lisa's 6 week theory is true as that means that we are not far off!!

All is well here - we finally moved Finlay into his own room last night as he is a noisy sleeper and we were finding it really hard to sleep with him in the room. This was also challenging, but the right thing to do for our sanity!!

Speak soon - I really must graduate to the next thread soon...

Megan

Hey girls - hope you are all doing OK.
    On the babies in room thing - we still have Jenna in our room, she's 12 weeks old, and at first she was really noisy. But now - I dont want to get her out of it! I lvoe her next to the bed in her bassinette, and you actually get used to the noises - or maybe they start sleeping better? And apparently its good for breast fed babies to be answered quickly. So don't give it up unless you are happy to IYKWIM??? We now bring her back into bed with us at 4-6am for an extra kip befor her breakkie, and I would get the $hits walking to her room (if she was there......)

Keep it up - its a tough road but you wont know yourselves in a couple of weeks time, when playtime is fun for you both.

Hugs to you all, and keep going,
    Fi

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Makenzie was in our room for one night - but she was very noisy/snuffly and she got ousted to the back living area which is just outside our room anyway (as she doesn't have a room of her own yet, we have to do a major swap around of sleeping arrangements first). The boys were never that noisy when sleeping and were in our room until they outgrew the bassinette.

Makenzie's cold is nothing to worry about - I just have to use saline drops if she gets too blocked up but she's not so bad now. My GP did a full check up on her anyway and said she's really healthy, really strong, and she's gained 135g in just over a week which is average for a bf baby.

We went for a walk after we got back from the doctors, seeing it was a nice sunny day after a heap of rainy days. Makenzie of course slept through the whole thing. Will be glad when she has more "awake" time, she doesn't seem to be awake very often, not for long anyway (except at night, when she thinks it's time to wake up and stare at me for ages lol).

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Had visitors this arvo which interupted my plans for a nap then. Hope everyones catching up on sleep and not having too hard a time with crying unsettled bubs.

Stormi Guest

Brooke - you need to make sure you have some time at home for yourself, to catch up with sleep or to just spend with Dan etc. Sounds like you've been really busy going out and with visitors. That's the good thing about a third child for me - the relatives etc aren't as excited as with the first so you don't get that many visitors LOL.

I've been crying a bit too. A couple of days ago I was crying at the drop of a hat. DH would look at me the wrong way and I'd think he was annoyed with me for something and I'd start crying. Think it's lack or sleep and probably still hormones out of whack. I get really paranoid about my emotions as I've had PND after both boys, so now every time I have what is probably a "normal" emotionally bad day, I think it's PND sneaking up on me.

I've had a bad night with Miss M. Her bad nights are not that bad in that she doesn't constantly cry or anything, she just doesn't want to sleep and is a bit grizzly. Tonight (last night? What time is it? lol) she'd have her feed then be unsettled for a couple of hours or so and by the time she and I went back to bed, she'd wake 45 minutes later for a feed. Can't wait till DH gets up as I'm going back to bed and he can deal with her till her next feed - unless she goes to sleep first. She had a big leaky nappy so had to change her bedding and wrap and PJ's and singlet after the last feed.

Hope everyones well and rested

i too have been teary a few times. last night we went out to our best friends 30th/house warming and it was a chance for our friends to meet hendrix. Well trying to find something to wear was sooo depressing as although ive lost most of the weight my tummy is still pouchy and my hips are thicker so nothing fit!! Then when i came out of the room feeling yuck and DH said are you ready in a semi annoyed tone and i burst into tears.

Anyway we had a great night and hendrix was just beautfiul smiling at our friends, and having lots of cuddles but i suddenly at 10 i got all overwhelmed and started crying. Thank god we were with our closest friends and my sister and brother were there. We went to the bedroom and i said i just needed to go to sleep, i also worried that we would get home and that hendrix would be really overstimulated and we would have a big awake night. But i calmed down we left and last night hendrix had his longest sleep 5 hours - just when i needed it it. Then he feed, fell straight to sleep and slept another long stretch - so feel a bit silly this morning.

Glad to hear the emotions are flowing for you guys too as i feel a bit more normal. A nurse friend of my mums was over yesterday and said that it shouldnt be called the baby blues as it gave it a really negative vibe, that all the hormones and the end of such a build up over nine months, that what else should we expect.

Anyway feel great now - just wait for the next thing to bother me!!!!

*hugs* all round to the new mums.

Crying a bit in the first little while is quite normal (if anything is ever normal) from both bubs and mum! You girls are going so great with such new babies, please remember to give yourselves and your babies a chance to get to know each other as well as you getting used to looking after a little one.

Just trying to say please don't expect too much of your babies or yourselves at this stage. Look after yourselves and feel free to kick visitors out the house if you need your sleep!

Nellbe - thanks for the advice its nice to hear from practised mums.

Brooke- yeah we do have a great set of friends but im also just quite emotional and couldnt control crying in front of people if i tried. Oh well.

Hey guys i finally posted my birth story for anyone who wants to have a read.

Hey all,

Dont feel like you have to get out and see people, and make sure people know its not OK to turn up at night and expect the best hospitality!! Being a mum is harder than I ever thought possible, and some others dont yet understand this - or in our books, had forgotten!!
    Many a time I was in tears because of other peoples expectations of my social calendar, and its not fair on us.
    So - kick them out when its right, dont go anywhere if your not comfortable, and make sure you have little trips out as a family where your punctuality and staying time aren't scutinised. You will get better at going out really soon, but dont put too much pressure on yourselves now. In the first month my best trips out were - a walk to the supermarket with the pram, to the garden centre with the pram, and walking around the block with the pram!!
    And my tears only let up about 2-3 weeks ago!!! I thought they were going ot go on forever.

Fi

*Megan* Guest

HI Everyone

WOW - looks like we are all at the same spot right now with the emotions...I am so over other people's expectations and people wanting to see the baby. I know that this sounds awful, but I just want some time the 3 of us to be a family. My parents are here from Sydney and have been staying with us for nearly 2 weeks which is just so hard, as DH is working really long hours at work and we just want some time on our own...I never thought that too much helping could be frustrating! My mother just wants to help - but it is tooooooo much and I am in a real strop with them both at the moment and they seem to be oblivous as to why!

Sorry for the whinge - but I just feel under pressure to do things, when all I want to do is be at home with my bubby and my husband - boring....but true!

Anyway - I hope that you all feel better soon - I am hoping that our families obsession with the baby will be over soon.....

Lots of hugs to you all - thanks for the posts from the 'experienced mums'!

Megan

Hi all

I am readin all your posts and just wanted to say the grass isn't always greener. We get loads of time just the 3 of us as our families are all over in the UK.

There have been times when I wished my mum was here to give me a hand or help when Erykah cried as I had no idea what was wrong. Sometimes still don't.

I guess its all about getting the happy medium a balance that works.

Oh well mum is here in Sept for 2 wks and I can't wait. Dad is here in Aug for 2 wks. My friends are here for 2 wks beg Nov from the UK and my in laws are here for 3 wks at the end of Nov.

Maybe after all these visitors I will be coming on complaining!!! But at the mo I am looking forward to seeing family and friends.

Had a bad night with Erykah last night though managed to stay up and watch the cricket and Live8 as she was up anyway. Decided it was the curry I ate Fri and Sat night. She is now settled and tucked up in bed so hope tonight is better as don't want to be awake till 4am 3 nights in a row.

Can't believe Erykah is already 4 wks old. It has flown by.

Jo

*Megan* Guest

Aww Jo - didn't want to sound ungrateful about the family....you are right though, a happy medium is what is needed. I know that I will miss my parents when they go again...but it is just too much at the moment!

How exciting that all of your family will be here soon....

Sorry to hear about Erykah having bad nights...hope that it gets better soon

Megan

*Megan* Guest

PS: our babies were born on the same day!

Megan

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast