Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn to 1 Month, March '05

Default Newborn to 1 Month, March '05

Welcome to the Newborn to 1 Month thread for March 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

Newborn to 1 Month List - March '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: zola
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 3rd March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 10lb 6oz (4.725kg) - 53cm - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Sebastian John Raymond
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days early, elective c-section

Forum Name: Trish
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB:8 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3710gm 8lb 2oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Tehya Makenzie
    Baby's Website:www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/trisharae
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Mild Jaundice
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 1 day early, home waterbirth

Forum Name: morv
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 09/03/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2985gm Length - 50cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte Katleen
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 10 days late. Normal delivery

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name:Bieleemorris
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - TBA
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!

Forum Name:*Luke & James*
    Baby's DOB: 22/03/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.63kg's / 51.5cm long / 34cm COH
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): James Keevy
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/peanutkeevy/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days early, Waters ruptured, 2 1/2 hour labour, home same day.

How is everyone going with those new gorgeous bubbas. Just remember to rest when you can, housework and the likes can wait

Love

Hi guys,

Hope you are going well.

I am going okay.. still recovering from the birth, physically and emotionally.

Matthew is going well, sleeping well, breastfeeding well, only problem there is that I have mastitis in the right breast and it makes it very painful to feed. I am determined however not to give up....

Hope to hear from you others soon!

nellbe

Hi everyone, i thought i'd better get my butt back in here.
    Nell congratulations on the birth of Matthew! I hope everything is going ok for you, ouch on the mastitis, a friend of mine got that really bad and the child and youth health nurse told her to put cabbage leaves in the freezer and then put them in her bra for some relief, maybe its worth a try.
    Everything is going great here, Ryan is breastfeeding which i am thrilled about because i couldnt get Nick anywhere near the boob, he also slept through the night last night which is great too, he hardly ever cries and he looks just like Nick when he was born.
    Well i've got thousands of posts to get through, so i'll be back a bit later.
    Take care
    Naomi

Nellbe, ouchy at the mastitis. They say that you should try to feed first from the boob with mastitis so as to clear it out. If Matthew isn't drinking enough to empty the boob you could try exressing everything out once or twice but not too often because that will tell your boobs to produce more. I hope it clears up soon.

Nell, congrats again on little Matthew!!! And to think all those weeks ago we had our usual pregnanct stresses... how time flies.

Good for you for persevering with the b/f, I am now the only one in Mums Group who b/f, so every feed I congratulate my self, as it aint easy!

Re the mastitis, I hope it heals soon, I know how hard it is to perservere when there is ALOT of pain. Personally for me what worked was biting the bullet and buying a pump and expressing for some feeds (I guess this only worked because Aidan is such a good sucker/feeder - I've heard you need to be careful of nipple confusion etc.). That way I could give my boobs a rest (my nipples were in a pretty bad state and I would cry when Aidan would latch on and for most of the feed). I used some cream and now I have no pain at all. My only hurdle now is I just dont enjoy it, for no particular reason, but I continue for Aidan's sake!

Cant wait to share lots of bubba stories with you!

Jess

Jess - just popping in to say I felt similar after a few months of bf, I would get almost anxious like feelings while feeding and just couldn't stand for her to be attached to me every time, because until Matilda was 10 weeks she feed for 40 minutes every 2 hours and I would just have awful feelings... once her feeding settled down heaps and she went to every 4hours it was heaps better.

Hi Girls,

Just sticking my head in for a look around. I know that I'm a bit early or alot late whatever the case maybe.

Anyway just want to mention to Nell in regards to the sore bb. Sometimes it is easy to mis diagnose mastitis for a blocked duct. If you truely have mastitis you will feel like you've been hit by a truck. You get all symptoms like you have the flu, hot flushes, temps, vomiting and the super sore boob that burns like all hell. If it is a blocked duct then you will get some swelling, redness and tenderness. If you have mastitis you need to go to the Dr for antibiotics to clear it up. Don't stop feeding from it, try and make sure that you drain it completely at a feed. But at the same time don't neglect the othe side or you will end up with it there.

If it is a blocked duct continue to feed from it too. Sometimes I found if I massaged the blockage downwards towards the nippl ewhile bub is feeding or try putting a warm/hot washer on you bb and massage it that way. Running the hot shower on it and massaging it helps too.
    The worse thing you can do in either case is to stop feeding from that breast, it will only block up and hurt you more.

HTH

Ok back to my little place again.

Take care
    Trish

Jess I was the same when I fed Kameron. I just didn't enjoy it but I perserved for his sake, and i b/f till his was 4mths then expressed with the occasional breast feed till 6mths, but he was well onto solids then as well.

Love

Scarlett Guest

Hey everyone, Nell I hope the mastitis clears up quickly for you and congratulations again on the birth of Matthew.

I was wondering if anyone else has a bub who likes to stay awake at 2am?? Emily seems to think thats play time and mum thinks otherwise. We have tried keeping her up a bit during the day and having low lights, no conversation etc at night but it doesn't seem to help. The midwives have suggested putting her straight back to bed after the night feed, but I'm not sure about letting her cry at this point. Any suggestions??

Thanks everyone for the tips re mastitis. I have done/doing them all! I forgot to mention that I went to the doctors and he diagnosed mastitis... I've had the flu like symptoms, although they lasted for only a couple of days and all I really did was sleep when I wasn't feeding. The doc gave me a pencillian shot right there and then and I am also taking antibotics. I am draining the boobs and am thinking about getting the breast pump out. I am just worried about giving Matthew bottles at this stage. I am still having a bit of pain when I put him on, but things are settling down.

Jess - lovely to hear from you and it does seem like yesterday that we were chatting about pregnancy. Now we have our own little boys! Doesn't the breast pump hurt your nipples as well?

Scarlett, Naomi and Pam, I am a big slacker and haven't even congratulated you all on the birth of your bubs... so CONGRATS... have you all written birth stories yet? I will check that out soon.

Matthew slept well last night... from 1.30am to 9.00am - great sleep he and DH had.. I didn't cause I kept waking up waiting for him to wake up!

Scarlett - I really have no idea what to suggest for your little one... although I did read that lots of newborns do that. Does she sleep well during the day? How have your dogs reacted to the little one? Our dog just wants to sniff him all the time!

Nell, if you don't want to give Matthew a bottle, you could do what i do when i express and use a syringe, i know it sounds silly, but i really don't want Ryan on a bottle and my midwife suggested it.
    Take care
    Naomi

Scarlett Guest

Nell, our dogs have been great, when we brought her home we put the capsule down and I went out and said hello to them on my own to let them get over the "yay your back" excitement. Then we let them in and they had a really good sniff and the boy just lay down beside her as if to say "right I'll look after her" the girl is similar but only if herbie is not around. Since then they have been very gentle, Jess wants attention all the time if your not giving it to Emily but isn't a problem with her at all. One of the cats is fine, just carrys on as usual, the other is extremley jealous and pretends she doesn't exist to the point that he will try and sit on her if she is feeding and he wants your lap etc.

Just had my first go expressing and got 100ml - think I did ok and Kev is just itching to have a go feeding her. We decided to try and keep a small supply in the freezer so I can go out and not have to worry about rushing home in time.

Scarlett - 100ml is great for Emily's age, well done!

Nell - I have heard the pump can hurt the nipples, but it didnt for me. If it hurts only a little now to b/f, keep perservering (I cant say that enough, because its soooo true, its so easy to give up!).

You are both doing great!

Jess

p.s. I tend to think experts warn you off the pump/bottle as they see it as 1 step towards giving up b/f - but they are not going through the pain! If you are confident you want to b/f, and you will do it for how long YOU want..... I personally haven't had a problem, in fact its been a god send.

HI girls,

It seems like only yesterday I was here and now my Jessica is 6 months old.

Well done to you girls who are persevering with the brfeeding. It's funny Jess that you say about the fact that you don't really enjoy it, I guess that was a major hurdle for me when I had my first and in the end by the 3rd I decided if I didn't like it/wasn't comfortable then stress wise it was prob better for my bubs. And that worked fine for me an the kids, but well done to keep it going!

Scarlett- with the 2am feeds, I always kept the room semi dark and put the baby straight back to bed when the feed was done, sometimes they would fuss a bit, but I would pat and soothe and mine all had dummies so I would give the dummy, until they settled. A few nights of this and they seemed to get the idea that it wasn't awake time. Hope this helps. The 2am feed was my most hated feed as I would stay up late and only get a couple of hrs sleep and then have to get up. The less stimulation for them at that time the better I guess.

Hope you are all well and enjoying the first few weeks with your long awaited babies. it is such a miracle that babies come into our lives the way they do, but this is a really tough time too for everyone, so make sure you all get heaps of rest (says the one who never goes to bed early and is on the go all dayLOL, do as I say not as I do!)

Best wishes Michelle

Just had to let you know that I finally got around to creating a web page for Matthew, just click the link under my signature. That's all I have done today besides feeding and playing with him - it's gone quick!

Scarlett - am glad that the dogs are okay with her - great to see.

Has anyone else had their first trip to the Maternal Health Centre and have they got you into a Mother's group yet? My first appointment is this Monday.

BTW - just had to brag that Matthew is now 3880gms - he was 3700gms at birth and 3470 when he left hospital, so he is doing great!

Hi Nell, i too have my first appointment on Monday, but the community midwives have been out a few times because Ryan lost too much birth weight and had a little bit of jaundice, but he's ok now.
    I don't go to a mothers group because most of the ones around here are for teenage mums, i do usually take Nick to playgroup and chat with the mums there though which is great.
    It sounds like Matthew is doing very well, going by his weight gain.
    Take care

firsttimedad Guest

Hi All

Nell - NAe had appointment with nurse yesterday all went well and put on 600gm since birth had drop to 3.1kg though and now back upto 4.1kg.

Nae not going to be able to attend the mothers groups as needs to head back to work unfortunetly asap. looking at 4th april at this stage due financial restrictions loans rent etc....so we found a centre Nae used to work in as child care worker and that centre take kids form 2mths, which is very handy. Good centre too.

Oh YEs NAthaniels Website has now been updated so there lots of nice pics of him to look at so yyou all can see what my littel boy looks like aswell now...YIPPEE...

Kind Regards
    Rob "aka firsttimedad"

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast