Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, May '05

We are now having 3 hrs feeds at night and Alex is taking more milk during the day. He has been having 80mls with some of his feeds. Can't wait for him to be weighed on Friday and find out how he is doing.

I always try and rest during the day not sure what i am going to do now DH is back at work.

How is everyone else doing ?

Shannon - my thoughts are with you, and I can't imagine how you must feel. My first thought is, at the moment while you are feedin Jessalyn, she must seem like every other little gorgeous baby out there, so I hope you cling to that. If you need supprt, please just let us know. I'm sure many of us melbourne girls will come and hold your hand if you need the help.

Michelle - it soudns like you have Alex sussed now. I bet he's put on heaps for his next weighin!

Dee - you have to stop sometimes!!!! Dont worry about everything that needs to be done. Just once a day lie down wiht bubs in bed and relax. The best thing I've done is get a pile of weekly DVD's from the shop, and I watch them of a day when I can't handle the crap daytime telly. Didn't you get one of those nice rcking chairs? Well sit back and enjoy yoursefl!! Stop being supermum!

Fi

Good luck for Jessalyn's MRI this week Shannon. Thinking of you

Hi Girls

Wow you girls sound like Matthew`s clinic nurse who we saw for the first time today, she told me I HAD to rest and leave everything, told me NOT to take wet washing out to the clothes line, yep I did learn the hard way on that one, I must be stubborn as I know what not to do but I still do it, perhaps I better stop and listen to everyone and take that rest.

Michelle - Sounds like Alex may be getting into his own little routine there with his feeds and it`s great he`s having more during the day - Keep it up Alex

As I said had our first appointment with the Baby clinic today and Matthew is growing at the same rate as when he was born still at 97 percentile for weight and 90 percentile for length and head circumference. He now weighs 5180gms (11lb 7ozs) without clothes on and is 56.5cms long and h/c is 38.2cms. So he`s doind really well even though he hasn`t been well.

Nell - Matthew is doing well, he`s starting to make baby noises and really focusing on things now, he`s a real darling. Mark has still got a bit of a sniffle and I`m sick of my flu still hanging around, one day I might feel 'normal' if that`s possible. Did I read somewhere you`ve had the flu too? How`s Matthew, how time flies it just seems like yesterday you had him and here he is quickly approaching 4 months.

Take Care

Deeanne

Shannon,
    Sending you heaps of love and support.
    Hugs
    Tanya

Just popping in to say to Shannon, good luck with Jessalyn's tests and that I truely do hope that all goes well for you all. Hugs to you both.

Take care
    Trish

Shannon just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and I know how hard this time for you is. I had a gf who's little boy was born with gastric problems and they had to completely rebuild his intestinal system. Although it was very scary and stressful at the beginning he is a fine little 3 y.o. now with no problems what so ever and all he has to remind him of his ordeal is a little scar on his abdomen. My point is as everyone has said, I am sure she is just as adorable as every other baby on this planet (if not more ) and she will be fine, its going to be a long hard road I am sure. But from meeting you only once I think you are a strong woman and a great mother and will do fine. Try not to feel guilty, you did nothing to cause and could have done nothing to prevent this. I hope I haven't said anything to upset you I just wanted you to know that I kind of understand how difficult this must be for you and that I am there if you need support in any way! And I still can't wait to meet the little cutie pie!

*bighugehugs*
    Cailin

Thanks girls.

Have just managed to get Hannah to sleep (fingers crossed)

Spoke too soon - we have screaming again. I have her in my hugabub sling. The only thing that settles her sometimes. Tonight there doesn't seem to be any consoling her. My ears are hurting with her screaming. Sometimes I feel like just putting her down and walking out, but it breaks my heart to think that she needs me and I'm not there, even for a second. So I'll just sit here clinging to my little screamer.

She seems most upset about something. Can't for the life of me figure it out though. Hubby is snoring with a pillow over his head.

I'm not making much sense. Sleep deprivation.

On a more positive note...I had my broadband sattelite dish installed today. Yay! Faster internet!!!

Glad to hear that Jessalyn is doing so well Shannon! Sounds like she's taken to the breast well. Will have to get her to give Hannah some lessons!

Hope you're resting up as instructed Deeanne!

Way to go Michelle - 3 hourly feeds at night is so great!

My Mum and Dad are coming up from Brisbane tomorrow to stay for a few days. I am just too exhausted to pretend to be coping...but I don't want them to know that I'm not.

Juliette, have you ruled out reflux or colic? They can cause a baby to be extra screamy....

Shannon - I can sympathise with being an air head too, things I have done lately totally embarrasses me, especially when I had people here looking at our baby kittens to buy and I did something totally stupid I was so embarrassed couldn`t wait for them to go, they must have thought I was some type of nut case LOL Also one night I was feeding Matthew in bed, I put him back to bed once he`d finished and was asleep, I woke up some time later in a panic as I couldn`t feel him in my arms so here I am in the middle of the night panicking on what I`ve done with him, I even felt all over the bed for him until it finally dawned on me "that`s right I put him back to his bed" LOL. I`m glad I`m not the only one doing silly things.
    Glad to hear that Jessalyn is feeding well and that she has put on such great weight in just 2 days, the Clinic nurse said yesterday as long as they put on 125gms a week they are happy so Jessalyn is doing great. Again good luck with her tests this week, we`re thinking of you all. I don`t know where those 4 weeks went to either, it`s a bit scary how it goes so fast.

Juliette - So sorry to hear you`ve had another dreadful night, Have you seen the clinic nurse yet?? If not you could just give them a call for some advice, also while I was there yesterday seeing Matthew`s clinic nurse she mentioned if ever in the middle of the night we can`t settle Matthew and we`ve tried everything and he`s still screaming to give Tressilian or Karitane a call and they will help out over the phone, that could be worth a go if you have another bad night tonight. You`ll find their numbers in your blue book. Good luck and I hope you get some sleep soon.

I had a bad night last night, not because of Matthew but with myself, I coughed all night long which disturbed Matthew on a few occasions, so yet again I`m feeling tired.

Take Care girls

Deeanne

Thinking of you all today and tomorrow Shannon.
    Hope all goes well with the MRI on Thursday.

Alex is doing well he has put on another 140grms in 5 days. She told me babies put on about 150grms a week. She also told me to try and get more milk in to Alex. Not sure why when he seems to be doing so well.
    Had a bad night with him last night he was awake every 2hrs and did not take much milk.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456