Thread: snuggle/cuddle beds

Default snuggle/cuddle beds

I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with these. We are having a lot of trouble getting DS to stay asleep once he has been put down, no trouble getting him to sleep, but about 5 mins after he goes into his bassinette he wakes up, and I am sure it is because he has gone from being held quite tightly to laying down, he does go down swaddled.
    Usually the best he sleeps during the day is in his car capsule (which he is now nearly too big for) because he is cuddle up quite nicely.
    Today I have resorted to taking the head snuggler out and laying it in his bassinette and so far so good.
    Just wanted to know if these snuggle beds work before investing in one, because I dont want to spend more money on another 'product' and find it doesnt work.

Zander was in a hammock until about 6 months old & from there he went into the cot with a snuggle bed. We found it really good because he was still snuggly but had the extra space that he didn't with the hammock. After he grew out of that, we still used it for when he was learning to sit up! He'd sit in it with his toys & if (when) he toppled over there was a soft space

That's an awesome idea Sarah, I've often wanted a snuggle bed but thought it's use might be so limited...
    Ali is he becoming unwrapped and that's why he wakes? or is it because maybe he misses your warmth (and smell?) - would putting something that smelt of you next to him help?

We figured it was better than just packing it away & buying a ring or propping him up with pillows!