Thread: uterus contracting

Default uterus contracting

how long does it take for a uterus to contract back to its normal size? weeks, months, a year?

Hollo, if you looked at my belly, you would think it was years, but that is just contented blubber!

From memory, your uterus should contract back quickly.......only a few weeks.........

Mine (apparently, according to midwives post birth) snapped back quickly. Hurt like hell to be honest, in the first days after giving biirth. Especially after Lexie. Shame the rest of my body didn't snap back so quickly.....LOL!

Lucy

about 6 weeks Hollo...but much longer to regain muscle tone

xx yogababy

yeh i thought it was soon after birth. its just that i have been having 'contraction' like pains (on a scale of 10 being a contraction these are 0.5 in regards to pain) its just wave like and in the same area. my DD is 15 months so i didnt think it would be.. i havent had my period back yet either. i am still breastfeeding and on the mini pill so could it be maybe the cyle kicking back in? this happend probably a week ago now and nothing since. maybe it is totally unrelated, dunno.

Hollo, like you say, it may be your cycle kicking back in. Or could it be that you are now feeling a little bit of ovulation pain? Are the 'contraction" like pains every day? Or Once a month?

(The reason I suggest this is that I never ever got ovulation pains prior to having babies. Now that my cycle is totally back to regular I DO get very noticeable ovulation pains.......the first few months this happened I remember thinking that it felt like mini-contractions on one side!)

but if i havent got my period back yet ( i have had no bleeding) then would i be ovulating at all?? it was probably for 2 days on and off. and has only happend those couple of times so far. its interesting.

Ummmmm. Good point. But with the mini pill, I think you can ovulate but the hormones int eh pill make the cervial mucus hostile, adn that is what makes it have a contraceptive effect. (Rather than the normal pill which restrains ovulation?) Dunno........

yeah that does ring a bell actually.. oh well i think i will just wait and see if it happens again (maybe same time next month). thanks for your help.

well i just had a small small small amount of brown sort of discharge. do you reckon the two are realated?

Maybe your body TRYING to get back into some sort of cycle?

I might get Sammi to pop in and look at this.....I think she had similar issues.......
    Last edited by Lucy; November 22nd, 2007 at 09:05 PM.