View Poll Results: Were you 'ready' for your baby to come into the world?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 61.36%
  • No

11 25.00%
  • Unsure

6 13.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Were you ready for the birth of your baby?

I wasn't ready, I didn't believe that I was going to have a baby until a live baby was handed to me. I still feel the same way with this baby, this time because I was told I could never conceive naturally and had SSOOOO MANYYYY ivf attempts!!!

I always thought i was ready (i was even sitting in the rocking chair in dd's room rubbing my tummy saying to her "ok honey we're ready for u to come out now" - just the night before she was born!) until my dd came 6 weeks prem. We'd only just had the baby shower 3 days beforehand and i'd only just got around to washing all the clothes, blankets, bibs... but hadn't put them away, hadn't packed my own hospital bag - only baby's (which we never ended up using anyway as she was in NICU). I was not prepared for her to come that soon!!!!!!!

Very ready, I was actually trying all the old wives tales to bring on early labour as I was ready to meet my baby and become mum.

I like most of you had the room ready, clothes washed, freezer full etc, but when i had the show at 38wk5days and had labour pains for two days, it never even occurred to me I was in labour! When the Ob said on the 3rd day "we're having a baby today, go straight to hospital". I had no bag with me and was so surprised I cried in the car on the way there! I was so not ready. Like Sheree it wasn't until I could hold her in my drug fueled haze that it was real.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12