Thread: Is Dad there??

~Belinda~ Guest

Default Is Dad there??

Hi

My Dad passed away when I was pregnant last year (22 August) from a long illness he had for many years. Before he died, he told my Mum that he had seen my daughter in a dream and he was happy he got to meet her there.

Even though I've handled his death quite well, I miss him sometimes, especially now Madeleine is smiling, I wish he was here to hold her in his arms.

Just a question and wondering whether anyone else has experienced it with their little ones, do you believe they can see spirits? Sometimes Madeleine will be looking at something for a long time and be smiling and I'll say "can you see Pa?"

I like to think he's watching over her as her guardian angel actually.

I used to see people when I was little and still have strong connections with people who have passed over. My Dad was also very spiritual, and his grandmother was a medium.

Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there for people to comment on...

Hi Bindy
    i know exactly what you're talking about.
    my mum died 6 weeks before i fell (accidently) pregnant and both my dp and i believe that she was responsible for our beautiful little gift
    it is really bittersweet isn't it? cos now you understand how much your dad must have really really loved you...cos of how much you really really love your dd now. i never really got it before, but now i do.
    sometimes i look at my ds and get so sad that my mum never got to meet him and hold him..but somehow i just think she knows, you know...and she's so much a part of him. i think she gave him to me to help me to survive without her.
    i believe madeleine can see her pa. he's a part of her...

morgan78 Guest

Bindy - i know what you mean about missing your Dad at times like these. I lost mine very suddenly the week before we found out that our little one was going to be a boy which kinda hurt a lot as Dad always wanted a boy and was blessed instead with 2 girls - anyhow i believe that he is watching over us and enjoying his grandson and yes i think that children are more open to spirits. I am sure your Dad is watching over you and your family and that Madeleine can see him.

My DD1 used to have an "imaginary friend" called Nanna, and she insisted it was Nanna Jean from the photos of my Nanna who'd passed away 4 years earlier. Apparently Nanna would come at night and DD1 would 'put on her wings' and they would go flying together. I'm a believer!

~Belinda~ Guest

Marydean, wow, that's a terrific thing to happen to your DD1. How special.

Morgan, sorry you lost your Dad too, he would definately be looking over your little boy.

Gracie, I'm sorry your Mum passed away I am super close with my Mum. I believe you on her giving you the gift of your son.

You have all been so wonderful in your responses, you're all really sweet and know exactly what I'm going through so it helps me a lot. Thanks so much.

You know, Madeleine sleeps so well, I really think sometimes my Dad calms her and makes her the placid little girl she is, sort of a calming spirit around her.

Man...I miss him...I was looking at some pictures tonight of him holding me when I was a baby, he was so happy. I look at myself as a baby in those pictures and I was so happy to be held by him too. I really believe what you say Gracie in understanding how much your parents love you when you become one.

Bindy, I think it's wonderful that you still feel that connection and closeness, it sounds as if it has been a great comfort to you. Do you talk about it with other family members?

~Belinda~ Guest

Just my Mum really, I can talk with her about anything. I did have a dream about him after he passed away. He told me to tell Mum that he thought she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever met. He also told me that he was okay where he was and that he was at peace now and was happy. He died of emphysema. I left work early on 22 August to rush to the hospital (I live an hour away) and he had not responded in 24 hours, he was in the ICU. When I arrived, I held his hand, told him I loved him and that we had decided on a name for our daughter. I told him "her name will be Madeleine". Then then opened his eyes but they weren't really focused and nodded his head. He acknowledged it. He died at 11pm that night oh how I miss him but know he's finally at peace. Sorry to ramble on about this! It just comforts me to know his spirit is still around...

What a beautiful thread, it made me all teary.
    I know when I have a baby (hopefully soon) my Pop won't be around to meet them it is really comforting to read this thread and know that he actually will be around and they might meet him in a different way.

~Belinda~ Guest

Thanks Sara, yes, I am sure your Pop will be around. I haven't had much contact lately from him but I like to think he's there. xxxx

I agree, a beautiful thread.

My paternal grandmother passed away a few years before my son was born... and from very early on I could "see" aspects of her in him. As soon as he could show us he pointed out birds. Any kind of bird... my Nana was very fond of them, especially natives. Now that he can speak he says things in the same way she used to... the way she used to speak "correctly" and clearly, saying his consonants very clealry especially the "L" sound... when he says "I'm not well" the "LL" sound is much more pronounced than anyone else in the family... just like her. And the way he tilts his head and lowers his eyelids when he is being stubborn.... just like she did. He is genetically very much like her family... but I don't knw where he gets her mannnerisms from.

I didn't really believe in reincarnation until I had my 1st DS. And the way I think of it now is that maybe everyone, when we pass away, become like God in that we have our own Holy Trinity. That our spirit can return to earth yet remain in Heaven and that maybe the other part of our spirit stays with the other people we love... that this is the nature of eternal life? *just thinking out loud*

I believe that your Dad's spirit remains very close to you Bindy...

~Belinda~ Guest

aww thanks so much Bathsheba...you are so sweet, I really do miss him some days but I'm doing fine really, I know he's looking over us

Wow about your paternal grandmother, truly a lovely thing to write. Really blew me away how your son does the same things as her.