Thread: Confusing hormone levels?

bobcat74 Guest

Default Confusing hormone levels?

Im just wondering if anyone can help explain how it possible that my hormone levels are still increasing after I was told last Monday that I was having a m/c? They aren't doubling but they are going up. It seems to have the dr's confused.

Im off for another ultrasound later, hopefully today or maybe tomorrow. I was sent to the hospital yesterday as my GP thought it was Ectopic, but the OB there said its not.

Hi bobcat,
    Have you had an ultrasound done yet? If so, perhaps you should ask your GP to refer you for one.
    My levels kept increasing too but after 2 weeks I ended up miscarrying at home. Some Dr's were telling me that the levels were fine, others telling me they weren't looking good... there was a differing of opinion everwhere I went. The one thing that was for certain was that there was no visible sac seen on the ultrasound which was the best indication of what was going on... but even then, I was told that it could just have been early pregnancy and too early to see on the scan. Very confusing!

I am my fingers crossed for you that everything is fine.

My last preg I was bleeding so went for early u/s, there was nothing on u/s, told I had a complete m/c, hcg kept increasing, was still bleeding, told must have an ectopic and went for another u/s 2 wks after initial one - voilla - there was a a baby!!!! Was too early at first u/s to see bubs as I had an irregular cycle!

Fingers crossed for you!

bobcat74 Guest

I had an ultrasound last Mon. The sac looked like 5wk 2days & by my dates at that point I should of been 7 weeks. At this time they said that it was a m/c, since then I have been told it was Eptopic or the baby was ok. I have had a number of blood tests since, all with slightly rising levels. GP sent me to the hospital because she thought it was Eptopic, however, after waiting hours I was told it is not (all without an ultrasound). Im booked in for one at the hospital this afternoon. Lets hope I will actually find out what is happening then. Its been a rollarcoaster, not having clear answers.

I have no advice I just wanted to wish u the best of luck

bobcat74 Guest

I had an ultrasound yesterday at the hospital. My hormone levels have gone up slightly because the sac has grown a little in the last week. Nothing can be seen inside the sac. I have lost the baby.

It is now just a matter of waiting for mother nature to do its thing & then move on from there. Now I know what is happening! I can now grieve.

Default Bobcat

Sorry for your loss...your in my thoughts and prayers...

So sorry for your loss. I hope you are surrounded by loved ones during this difficult time....

Hi,
    I had the same problem miscarriage and the hormone level was increasing because a part of placenta were still inside that is why the level was increasing.