Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lilah Grace- born still at 23 weeks 26/01/08

Hi Tutmae, thankyou for sharing your story of your little angel Lilah Grace. She sounds absolutely beautiful.

I can understand what you mean when you said it feels like it happened to someone else, and you can talk about it easily. I also feel like that, and it is unexpected things (songs that were on the radio at that time, hearing birthdates of kids at playgroup that are very near Thomas' due date) that shake me up. Sometimes I feel weird for talking about it easily (to certain people, I can't talk about it with everyone).

I'm glad you were able to spend time with your baby. They sound like very precious days. I only wish I had spent more time with my son, but I guess we aren't always in the right frame of mind at the time.

so sorry you had to go through this loss.

Everyone: Thankyou for your kind words. It helps so much to be able to speak about it and have all of you say such beautiful things about Lilah.

Stanas: thankyou for your pm, I wanted to reply personally, but I haven't quite worked out how to do that yet. But I just wanted to say thankyou so much!

MJ-Mummy: I was put on the zofran also (after trying the maxolon drip and tablet) and unfortunately it didn't seem to work as well for me as it did for you. I was on the zofran wafers, though, maybe there is a different type that I can try next time (as the doctors say this is just how my body will react to all my pregnancies). The steroids were amazing, but you cannot take them for an extended period of time and when I came off them the vomiting slowly started coming back. Thankyou for your advice, and I'll speak to my doctor about trying zofran again, next time. Thankyou so much!

Oh Tutmae I just feel so sad reading your post - and so amazed at your woman strength. Your daughter sounds beautiful and I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to her..

Thankyou for sharing your beautiful, sad and courageous story with us all.

smiles4u Guest

I just couldn't believe my eyes when I read you nicknamed your sweet baby girl " Lilah-Bear " ... as I know a wonderful little girl named Lyla (spelt that way) & her parents lovingly nicknamed her Lyla-Bear too ... sadly her Daddy passed away from bowel cancer last November at 25yrs of age

... Such a pretty name you chose for her ... And how beautiful she chose you both to be her parents for her short time here but forever in your hearts she will be !!!

I'm so so sorry. Thank you so very much in finding the courage to share your loving little girl's story to us all.

Sending you a warm hug from me

i am so sorry for your loss and thank you for being able to write it down and share with us.
    i think it would be very calming talking about your little girl and if it helps you then dont stop talking about her for anyone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12