Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost our precious IVF baby

Nindy Guest

Hi everyone. Thank you all so much for your hugs and thoughts. It has given me more comfort than you will ever know and I'm so grateful for each one of you. Nothing was happening and it had been 4 weeks since our baby left us, so I had a d & c yesterday. My wonderful hubby travelled home as he was away for work and was there when I woke up, which was such a blessing. I was a mess yesterday, but today feel sadness and yet a strange relief at the same time. I think the finality of it helps in the grieving, because you know there's nothing there anymore. Does that make sense to anyone? We're going to take a couple of months out to get over this and will probably go for another IVF attempt around April/May. But for the moment, I'm just dealing with one day at a time and know that over time it will get better. You're all just so wonderful and your support has made a world of difference. Thank you all so much. xx

Nindy, you sound like you are doing amazingly well. I understand the feeling post D&C - relief that it's over, and that feeling of complete and utter emptiness at the same time.

Take as much time as you need before you jump back into another cycle. If you get to April and decide you're still not ready, don't force yourself back. At the same time, if you get to February and are ready to go, don't hold back any longer than you have to.

I will be thinking of you and praying for a much more successful outcome next time.

BW

Be really good to yourself and give yourself time to heal physically and emotionally.

Nindy,

I too know only to well how you feel, a relief on one hand but yet a huge hole in your heart as well.
    You will always remember your little angel baby thats for sure, just take this time to be kind to yourself and your DH, you will most likely have days when all you do is cry and that is normal. Do what is right for you sweetie - i have said a for you and wish you such much luck next time round . Take care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12