Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panic attacks after late loss

Tildy....I'm so sorry to hear what you & your hubby had to go through, I'm sorry that you've lost your little bub. I'm just stunned reading about what the medical team had put you through specially at the time where you needed a lot of support. I'm happy to read that you've taken this matter further with the medical board etc. I wish you all the luck for TTC again. Hope you have a little healthy bub in your arms soon

Thank you all for the comfort and hugs. I can see here that there are several of you who have had late losses but then had a baby fairly soon afterward, and I know there are a couple in the TTC thread who are about halfway through a pregnancy after a late loss. It makes me feel more hope, that it's not just bull**** the doctors are throwing at me when they say it was a "fluke" and that I should believe everything will go OK next time.

-Tildy

I am so sorry for your loss
    I had tears while reading your story.The treatment you received at the hospital is despicable.No one should ever have to go through something like that.
    I wish you all the best for the future.

Thanks, Laura. Now I'm in the 8th week of a new pregnancy and have already been to the emergency clinic a couple times. The treatment I received has been much better. The two nurses that met me last week introduced themselves and looked at me and talked to me, told me exactly why they were taking blood, came back to update me on how long I might have to wait... so different. I hope that nurse from last time has been moved to floor mopping duty or something!

Tildy, congratulations on your new pregnancy! I hope & pray that in 8 months from now we'll be hearing about your beautiful new arrival who won't be able to totally erase the pain of losing your tiny angel, but can help you write a new future.

I am absolutely HORRIFIED at your story that led up to the loss of your angel. So pleased to hear you are getting much better treatment this time around. Couldn't help but *LOL* at your suggestion that you hope the 1st horrible nurse is now mopping the floors!

Congratulation Tildy.
    I am so happy to hear that the treatment you are receiving this time around is a lot better.
    I wish you so much luck for a H&H pregnancy.

Mel17 Guest

Default prayers for your baby

I recently lost one of my twins at 14.5 weeks, much like yours...going to the bathroom. terrible trauma. Im so sorry for your loss and I will pray for you new pregnancy. I think the reality is you will be scared much of the time....I'm still pregnant with my "twin B" and everything scares me, especially using the toilet. I have so many fears, but lots of hope. I think one of the challanges if finding people who understand the fear...this is the first time I'm ever doing a "Chat" and really came here because I feel very lonely....So reading your post, I know I'm not alone and nor are you. Please keep us posted

I know what you mean about fearing bathrooms, Mel! I'm naturally a bit constipated now at the beginning of this pregnancy, and I just have a real phobia of really "pushing" on the toilet...

How long ago was it that you lost "twin A"? Are things looking good for twin B? It must be very hard; I wish you loads of strength!

I can not beleive the way you were treated. That is unbeleivable and i am so sorry you had to go through that and be treated that way.

I can sort of relate to it in a small way. When we had our little girl we lost at 19wks 5 days (in september 2005), we got a letter saying they had her prints for us and to ring to arrange a time to pick them up. The day we had her, we requested she be cremated and her ashes buried with all the other babies from that month and were told it would be a couple of weeks before they did it and they would contact us so we could attend the ceremony of them going in the rose garden. I rang about the prints and asked if we had a date yet for the cremation/ceremony, i was told to hang on a minute and the lady came back on the phone and said "Yes, last thursday". I was crushed and it took away my way of proper closure. I also wasnt offered any grief counselling, which proved to not be good for me. But i am lucky in the fact that i got her prints.

What you went through is terrible.

I am happy to hear you are pregnant again and i hope it goes well for you. I am also happy to hear they are giving you the best of care.

I had another baby 14 mths after my late loss and it went well. I have just had another one since then too and that went well too. Both times i got the best of care and alot of compassion when i felt anxious about things. Its good to hear you are getting the same, because that is what you deserve.

Thankyou for sharing your story.

Tildy sweetheart - Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy - may it be healthy, happy and positive.
    How you were treated is abominable, thank you for the courage to share your story - you have ensured that no one who has read your story will ever tolerate the same type of treatment. I sobbed through your story and also felt heartfelt thanks at the amazing treatment I received when I lost Charles. You made me realise that even though I felt like the unluckiest person in the world, the universe made sure I was surrounded by amazing people.
    Much love and hugs to you
    Adele

im sitting here with my mouth wide open at what has happened to you and how you have been treated. I am so gobsmacked that nurses treated you like that and especially the nurse who flushed the toilet WTF....... im so sorry for your loss and i am praying your new little baby inside is kepts safe and well and you have a healthy/ complication free pregnancy and are very wel taken care of.
    Thank you for sharing your story and i hope it has helped you somewhat

The happy ending...

Benjamin Liam Ceangailte Paulsson was born at 18:14 on April 17 after a VERY easily induced labor. My water was broken at 10:30 am, at which point contractions immediately came at a rate of 4 every 10 minutes with very little pain relief in between. By 15:30 I was told that I was already 10 cm open and could clearly feel the pushing stage beginning. By 17:30 they said Benny's heart rate was showing distress and I was thereafter tortured by an extra midwife putting all her weight on the top of my stomach as I pushed -- which you can imagine I did with all my might after hearing "danger!" By 18:14 they snipped me a bit to get him out.

They laid him there on the bed at my feet, and I just sat and hyper-ventilated, wide-eyed, staring in shock -- I was so focused on "God, let this end soon!" that I had totally forgotten why we were there and HOW it would end! We've been so focused on getting through the pregnancy successfully that every second since he came out has been surreal and a little hard to digest, haha! Even if the results of almost 3 hours of pushing are stitches, super hemmoroids, a catheter I get to schlep home with me, and amazing training pain from head to toe, I'm completely in awe-struck love.

I am so happy for you that you finally have your little man in your arms!
    Congratulations!!

Congrats Tildy! So happy for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12