Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waiting

Unhappy Waiting

Why is it that no-one tells you that a miscarriage can take days! I'm still not sure what's happening, it's been three days of bleeding that's getting worse and I still don't know if I'm losing my baby, I'm nearly 8 weeks. I had an ultrasound today and they still couldn't tell me. They said it was too small to tell and just to have another blood test. I think I would be coping much better if I just knew one way or the other.
    Do people actually bleed this long and still keep thier babies?
    I also have a heap of in laws visiting so I'm expected to be social and I just want to sleep and cry.
    This sucks

:hugs: awww hun, I am so sorry!! I have no advice or knowledge of miscarriages, but just wanted to give you a huge hug.
    All the best to you.
    And family will understand if you just want some time alone.

Hun it is extremely hard especially when the world seems to go on with out grieving for your little one, I never miscarried early but had very bad bleeding for 16 weeks She left us at 16 weeks. I know how confusing it is to get doctors to give you unreasonable answers. I once sat in A&E for 5 hrs bleeding and then the doctor said ohh no one knows how to use this machine WTF it was an ultrasound machine. I wanted to run and hide. Hugs hun it is a bad time at any time of year but worse at this time.
    Bec

It's a very difficult time for you right now. I've seen posts from ladies who've had major bleeds and still gone on to have healthy babies and then there's other's like me who had very light bleeds but had actually miscarried. Unfortunately there's no way of telling until you get more blood tests done and/or confirm things with another ultrasound.

I know how hard it is to entertain when you think you may be miscarrying. I had visitors when my last one started and I started to act a bit weird and they disappeared quick smart. They knew something was up, but didn't know what was causing my odd behaviour.

If it gets too much hide in the bedroom for a while and cry if you have to. I have my fingers crossed that all is OK.

Thanks for your thoughts ladies. I feel a bit better today, was just a mess yesterday. Still have some bleeding but am staying hopeful because the cramping seems to have stopped and I still haven't passed any clots etc.
    I will ring my doc on Monday and hope he has the results of my blood test.
    Meanwhile I must try to be cheerful. Thankfully I have two other kiddies whose excitement about xmas is wearing off on me.
    Merry Christmas everyone. Hope the new year brings us all what we wish for.

Hi Megsie. I am thinking of you at this time. I know how hard the wait is to get a straight answer from anyone.
    Let us know how it all goes. My fingers are crossed.

Hi Megsie, I was about 8/9 wks pregnant when bleeding started for me. I bled for about a week, at one stage quite heavily. It was an extremely stressful time for both myself and DP, but as you can see everything was fine and we ended up with a healthy happy baby. Thinking of you and praying that this will be the same for you.

sending you a big hug

Just an update. I'm still not sure what is happening, this is so frustrating! The bleeding stopped initially after about four days and was just what I would call 'old blood' for a few days after that. I was feeling quite positive and then on Friday I started spotting again, not much and again the brown blood - very light. I have however been having strange cramping intermittently, again not that frequent but quite strong when they come. I saw my doc on Friday when the spotting started again and he had the results of my third HCG test, my results have been 21000, 24000 (4 days later) and 26000 (another 6 days later). My doc said that with a slow rise like this it is likely I will miscarry and he expected that it might happen over the weekend. But here I am still no wiser. The spotting is still there but not getting any worse. I have not passed anything like a clot the whole time.
    Sorry to keep going on but this is just so difficult. I keep preparing myself for the idea that I am losing this baby, I think I will be OK if it happens. I keep telling myself that it would be because there is something not right, my oldest boy is severely disabled and I can't imagine myself coping if I had another child with difficulties.
    At the same time, I keep thinking maybe there is still some hope.
    These last two weeks have been so stressful and I have read stories of it taking months to miscarry!

megsie - I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. good luck hun

barbara

Hoping the new year brings you a new start

Oh honey, I felt just that way in November when I started spotting at work.I found BB and it's been amazing to talk things through with others in similar situations, Hope things work out for you:hugs:

So sorry for what you're going through and you're right--it's easier pscychologically if you KNOW what's happening and you can prepare yourself.

The longest I bled with an MC was 6 days (before I passed the sack--then there was like three more weeks of bleeding). But maybe you're not MCing. Keep us posted and I'll be praying for you.

Meggsie, my heart goes out to you!!

I have heard of lots of women who have had bleeding during pregnancy and delivered healthy babies, i hope you get some reassurance soon. I think its a good sign it stopped, and maybe the spotting is just whatever was bleeding clotting back up a bit IYKWIM

And if the worst is to come, i hope you are ok. Hugs to you xoxoxxo

Meggsie - I just remembered that my friends wife had a lot of bleeding early in pregnancy. Her OB prepared them for m/c. Well it didn't happed and their son is now 5 months old.

I m so sorry for where you are at and what you are going through. It was only yesterday that i was given a clear answer as to what had happened with me and the news was not good but at least i knew. I hope in your situation the news is completely different. What you are going through now is the worst part. The bleeding but not knowing. Scared to do anything incase it impacts on baby and the result ends up bad, afraid of basically everything. As for the inlaws...... trying to find the words to put it nicely but i cant. Maybe try what I did. I through the biggest tantrum at their place on Christmas Day then stormed out. Their attituded changed very quickly.
    I waited for 4 weeks. Crying continually hardly leaving my house. Walking around shopping centers doing christmas shopping with tears that just would not stop. What you are going through is the worst part.
    Dont give up though. They dont all end in miscarriage. My closest friend has 2 beautiful girls, one 13 and the other 12. They were both meant to be miscarriages.

Hey Megsie, just checking in to see how u r going. Hugs to you xoxoxo

Hi, thanks for all your replies, it is comforting to know others understand what I'm going through. I am still pretty much in the same situation. I have this dark spotting/discharge still, it stops every once in a while but not for long. The cramping has practically gone although I can't be sure whether that's a good sign or not. I am going in for an ultrasound this week which should tell me what's happening.
    I can't help but still have hopes as much as I keep telling myself all the signs are bad. I had to book in for a twelve week ultrasound and for midwifery care last week even though I don't know if I'll need them, that was difficult.
    Most of the time I'm doing OK but I am terribly preoccupied with the whole thing. It's strange as well to have to keep up with the pregnancy considerations when I'm not even sure there is a baby in there anymore.
    I will let you know what happens at the U/S, wish me luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast