Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed Urgently...Very Worried

Unhappy Advice Needed Urgently...Very Worried

Im really worried about DS he has been a bit grizzly over the last few days, tonight he was crying for ages but is sort of settled now, he keeps waking and crying, though its a real sad cry. His skin feels clammy, parts are hot too touch and others are cold but he is sweating real badly, he sounds a bit rattly in the chest. Around his nose and mouth the skin has gone whiteish, not as bad as about 10 minutes ago. He hasn't got a temp its only 36.3 he is sleeping atm but restlessly. Does anyone have any insight to what it could be?? Should i take him to the hospital?

TIA

Sorry...I'm not sure what is going on...

Have you called Health Direct?

They will be able to talk you through the symptoms and suggest what to do.

The number is 1800 022 222

Hi there,

I'm not a health professional but if you're thinking there's something wrong, there prolly is. As your son's mum, you know what "normal" is!

BUT!

I found this number for you:

1800 022 222

HealthDirect is a free 24 hour, seven day a week health advice line. You should always try to contact your regular doctor first. But if they're not available, HealthDirect's experienced nurses will provide immediate professional advice on how urgent your problem is and what to do about it.

Hope he feels better soon.
    kaz

Thankyou both.

I rang health direct and explained whats going on. They were concerned about the whiteish-yellow tinge around his mouth and nose, but as its not accompanied by rash, fever, vomiting or diahrea they have just said to keep a very close eye on his symptoms, monitor his temp, and to make sure he is getting fluids, they said he may be a little dehydrated. They suggested to give him a bath next time he wakes unsettled and give him some panadol. They told me to ring the local hospital and speak to someone there, so they are aware of whats happening. The hospital thinks he has been bitten by something, i have checked but cant see any thing. They said to try to rouse him every half hour and if he seems difficult or slow to wake and If he gets worse at any stage they want me to bring him in straight away.

Im feeling really worried about it and its scary when they look so sick. Its breaking my heart to see him like this

Thanks again.

Hang in there...and just trust your instincts.

If you are really worried, there is no harm in taking him to the hospital to get him checked...

Take care!

Sounds like it'll be a sleepless night for you - are you at home by yourself or is there someone there to help you?

*hugs* and all the best. Let us know how he is tomorrow.

He has what is considered a low grade fever. Panadol will help ease any discomfort but keep in mind that a fever itself will not cause major harm - it is the body's way of fighting what is happening so it can heal. I agree that the white around the mouth and nose is abnormal but I wouldn't be concerned about that on its own either. If your DS becomes lethargic, difficult to rouse, his breathing becomes laboured (he REALLY has to work hard to get air in and out) I would go straight to ED. If at any time you feel he needs to be looked at by a medical professional, take him straight to the ED (or your GP if it is business hours).
    I'm at work at the moment and (providing my patients remain settled) I will pop back on later to see how you're doing.

Hang in there, you're doing a brilliant job.

MG

Thankyou Ladies.

Ethan is in the hospital now, i had to take him in at 3am this morning as he broke out with a rash all over his legs and tummy, his temp was 40.2, sweat was just pouring off his little body and he was just screaming in pain. By the time we got him to the hospital he was vomiting and his arms and legs were all floppy. The dr's are pretty certain he has been bitten by a red back spider! They are still trying to find the mark where it has got him. He was in severe pain but they got it under control and he has been given some anti venom and seems to be improving already, he is dehydrated as he just sweated all his fluids out and wouldnt take more, so he has had a drip popped in. Im not sure if he can come home today or not, the dr wants to see him again first and they would really like to find the bite. They sent me home for a rest (lol its hard to rest when there ill) and to freshen up and have some lunch. Ethan was asleep when i left and they will call me as soon as he wakes up, or sooner if they need to.

Thanks for your support ladies. I will let you know more after i speak to the dr's.

oh poor Ethan!
    What a time of it you've all had!
    I just read this now, I'm so glad that they were on to it straight away for you and knew what it was. Hope everythings fine now.

What a terrible time you've had.
    I'm glad they found out what was wrong and he's getting better

you poor thing! it just shows to trust your instincts.. and i am sure he is going to be ok as it sounds like he is getting good care. you poor thing. thinking of you and let us know how things progress. big hugs.

Poor little man - well done to you for following your instincts.

Thanks for keeping us updated - now go get some rest!
    *hugs*

Just wanted to give you a i know how scary it is when they are sick/in pain and you just wish it was yourself in their situation, not them.

Hope he gets better asap!

Simone

TOJ - hugs to you and Ethan. I am so glad you followed your instincts and rang/took him to the hospital and I am hoping and praying he is on the improve. Take care
    Jem

Again thanks so much for all your support. Even though he is getting the care he needs im still so frightened and worried for him.

The hospital just called and Ethan is awake again and but he is a little groggy and they have had to give him some oxygen as his breathing was getting difficult again. They are giving him a nice bath and i am about to leave and go there right now.

my thoughts are with your family - you're a terrific mum, hoping Ethan's getting better

OMG How scary for you!!! I am glad that you trusted your instincts and that he's okay now though.

We have so many red backs around here. I always get worried, with good reason it seems. You always think that it wouldn't happen to you or yours...

OMG! OMG OMG

Thank goodness he is ok now, we have redbacks here and white tails everywhere. It scares me to death.

Keep us updated please!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast