Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Modelling

The agency we are with is just the one off fee, I think if you do a commercial, you have to pay a $200 fee for the hair and make up, but you well and truly make that back. I think the lowest rate is for a poster or catalogue and is $95 for an hour minimum booking, so if bubs works for 5 minutes, they still get paid for an hour. A commercial or appearance in a show can earn upto $10,000 it really depends on what the work is for.

some of the ones i have looked into pay $80 hour for photo shoots and up to $6000 per comercial.
    min that is cheap,bellini are asking for 450 per year.wonder why?????
    nikki

A friend at work's daughter was in a Target ad recently and she was paid $600.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Marisa has been doing it for some time, we looked into Polkadotts before it went bust, I didn't feel right and didn't do it - thank god! We then went with Bubblegum, she got about 4-5 photoshoots for Target / Kmart and that was it, they actually made a mistake and left her out the headshots chart! So we went with Tin Lids and have heard nothing, they did have her in the headshots book but even communication back from them is very poor - I never get any replies to anything. I haven't bothered with it much though as I just don't have the time. Most jobs though are only hourly catalogue shoots which is the 1 hour $80 thing and over the other side of town or in Huge Studios in Richmond, where Target do lots of catalogue stuff. She also recently got shortlisted in an interview with Coles for their own brand nappies but she's out of nappies So had to say no to that one.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

just got back,sorry it is not bellini it is called bettina....derrrrr!!!!
    they liked the kids and will let us know tomorrow,they are actually charging $345 so it is not toooo bad.
    nikki

judst beware, I have never heard of any Agency knocking back anyone!!! afterall they get $$$'s whether your bub gets used or not!!!

I have wondered about the modelling thing for Maggie, but have been afraid of spending the money for no return. I sometimes think that if they think you child is good enough, then they should at least fund the initial photo shoot etc.

That's true Barley, but I guess it is in their best interests to try and find bub's work, so that you sign on for another year.

I was happy going with Tinlids because they have been in the industry for 17 years or something, and because it was a small fee I figured if Jackson didn't get work (but of course he will, my lil' bloodnut!) the money wouldnt be too greatly missed.

just got the call from bettina,they have accepted my boys and they have there photo shoot next thursday,they didnt take chantelle,they said they already had alot of blue eyed bald headed babies in there portfolio,i will ring the other agencies that were intersested in her and see if they want her,
    nikki

Nicole pou can borrow my black eyed, hairy baby!!! hee hee Good luck!!!!

Ooh I'll keep that in mind if this bub comes out with a head full of thick black hair like his brothers.

Got a call from Bettina regarding Maggie. She had her photo taken at the baby expo. Not sure if they really are interested, or if they just call everyone who got their photo taken.

Maggie has dark eyeS, but her hair is nothing special. Hoping it is worth it, we have an interview next week. I only wanted her to be signed up if she has potential.

astrid,maggie is georgous and i can definantly see why they want her,i was thinking that the other day when i was looking at her ticker.
    the boys had there photos today,it was alot of fun,they did really well and they showed us the photos on the computer staright away,well we have done our part so the rest is up to them now,another baby girl from my baby buddies group got accepted and had her photos done today aswell,just a coincidence,i have to admit that i was a little bit sad that they didnt take chantelle on,and they took this other baby,dont get me wrong the other baby is very deserving as she is absolutly stunning but is my baby girl that uninteresting,i look at her ticker and think that maybe i am just a very proud and biast mummy.oh well doesnt matter i should be very grateful that 2 of my 3 children did get accepted,jealousy is a curse....bad me!!!!!!
    nikki

Thanks Nikki - it is very hard to be objective with regards to your own children. I had a medical receptionist one day telling me to get Maggie modelling as she had seen many babies (inc 3 of her own) and Maggie is the only one that she has really liked!

Chantelle is very cute, reminds me of the baby in one of the recent Coles ads, so I am surprised they did not take her. BTW are they easy to find at the docklands? I was thinking of using public transport or is the parking there ok?

parking is very easy,i actually parked at the telstra dome and walked over,5 minutes walk but when i got there found a huge car park that was nearly empty.it is literall in the docklandsi got there without any problems and didnt get lost.i reckon you should go for it you have nothing to lose by just going to the interview and then you can make up your mind.
    nikki

I actually heard specifically about Bettina that they have a heap of clients because they do go around "poaching" them, and are the kind of agency that takes on anyone and everyone. Not saying anyhthing negative about your kids, they are all adorable, that is just what someone in the business told me, but you can't believe everything you hear, i guess the proof is in the pudding, and we will all find out soon enough if our kids are going to be SUPERSTARS!

Jackson has just had his Tinlids website updated for 12 months, looks so adorable, I love the pictures they used (of course I do, becuase I took them!) What do Bettina do, do they have secure websites?

yes min they do.you are right we will soon see how much work they get.
    nikki

Kate, they are in Box Hill, just off Elgar Road, is a small office built at the back of a family home. I like the fact that it is a family business, not a huge impersonal building with a heap of employess.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast