Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Modelling

We just got a Tinlids brochure in Maddy' school pamphlets...
    I just binned them though, too busy!!! hee hee

you can apply online also.
    nikki

Kate - our interview is on Tuesday. Have to use public transport now, the steering in the car has gone. Anyway I will use it as a time to visit one of my old work places which is near Spencer St.

Those of you with Bettina, what are the fees, was having a look on the internet and all it said was this.

"If we feel confident that we can get work for your child, we ask that you pay the agency application fee of $30 plus a deposit of $50 towards the fees for the photographic session, photo's, talent book and lodgement on the internet online talent database. `Your little star` will then be booked in for the photographic session and the rest is up to us to promote your child in the most professional manner known to the industry."

okay girls,i payed 80 dollars deposit before the photo shoot and then had to pay another 310.so it is 390 all up girls,i only paid this last week so i know it is the amount that they are asking for at the moment,this amount has to be paid yearly.
    by the waY,tinlids just contacted me and have accepteds chantelle onto there books,YAY!!!!!
    nikki

Thanks Nikki, I might see if I can get Jackson on their books too, I guess it doesnt hurt to have a few options. Plus I reckon he would get more work if in a headshots book becuase he is a bit different with his bright orange hair.

B the way, if your child earns over 6,000 in a financial year, all the membership fees etc are tax deductible.

Kate, Tinlids only charge $140, and you only have to send pics of bubba in, if they like the pics they will accept her, they wont ask you down for an interview if they are not going to accept her

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Jonah is with Tinlids too

Min-I think you're only allowed to be on 1 agencies books. And I think it's standard for children younger than 2 not to have a headshots book because they change so much, so most rely on home taken photos.

bec,i think you are right about only being aloud to go with one agency.
    has jonah had any work yet?
    nikki

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Not yet, he's only been with them 1 week.

chantelle has her interview on friday
    nikki

Both my children have done modelling (DD for 4 years, DS for 1) with BubbleGum. mainly catalogue work for KMart and Target. Payrate was $80 per hour but the agent takes $12 of that each time. The annual fees ended up getting too high for us... after expenditures (including public transport tickets and occassionally specific clothing purchases for auditions etc) we only made a fraction more than costs. I think their fees this year are about $300 p.a. TinLids sounds very good in comparison! At least with BubbleGum you don't need to have a portfolio done... the photo headshot cost is incorporated into the annula fee. Babies don't go in the model book.

I must admit I've often found the whole process a bit frustrating. One time DD did a TV commercial as a background "extra" which meant spending the whole day on site (a parent in constant attendance) which was incredibly boring... all for $120 and the agent took some of that too. Catalogues are better because you can be in and out within 15 mins and still get paid for the whole hour... plus there is double-time for underwear and swimware shots.

I must say the people that actually take the photos have been great (especially at Huge Studios in Richmond). They are very good at making the children feel at ease. We've got some lovely catalogue images of our kids that they are going to be very proud of. My DD is fairly humble about it but secretly loves it when all her school friends come to school waving the latest Target catalogue with her in it! LOL

We're having a break from the whole thing this year (also because the fees are a bit beyond our tight budget)... but maybe next year after the new addition arrives i might do some more research into getting the kids involved again.

I must stress though... unless your child has specific talents, has done acting classes etc... don't see dollar signs. We've been to just as many auditons as 'paid jobs' and the preparation (eg learning lines etc) can be demanding and the disappointment a bit hard to deal with at times. Still, i must say i don't have any horror stories to relate over the 4 years they were involved.... more just minor irritations.

ETA: You can usually only be with one agent at any time (you sign a form promising this). Also nobody (including children) is taxed a cent until they earn $6000 so you would have to earn more than that to claim the cost of fees etc. I've yet to meet anyone who's made any serious money from early childhood modelling.... the money starts to come in with talents like acting etc (which of course cost money to develop). Also I'll eventually put up the images of my children modelling on my website. Target and KMart have online catalogues which you can copy the images from for your collection.

ETA #2: Added an image of my DD modelling in a Target catalogue to my website.

Oh, ok, 1 agency, makes sence. That's cool, am happy to stay with Tinlids for the year and see what happens.

Kate, love the new pic of Kelsey in your ticker, those cheeks are gorgeouse!

Good luck Nikki, I hope she turns on the charm!!

Batsheba
    , I am not fussed it we dont make anymore than costs, I just want to see me little man up in lights and be able to brag about him (well, more than I do!)

Sorry for barging in girls. I have been watching this thread for a while as I'm really keen on trying this out with Tehya and maybe even Noah.

Kate, Kelsey's pics are gorgous, I camn see why your happy.

Batsheba, I think I actually remember seeing that picture in the Target catalogue. It looks great too.

Min, I suppose you would get alot of comments about Jacksons hair. We get heaps about Noah's and Tehya's. Although I must say red heads are becoming more popular. I remember when my little brother was at school, he was the only red hedd there. Now I think there will be more then 1 in the class.

I have done my researching too and can't seem to come up with too much info. I certainly don't want to pay a fortune to get my kids heads in the book for nothing. Does anyone know of a great and reputable agency in Sydney?

min,we went to sign chantelle up this morning at tinlids,i found that it was far more personal and she was alot more thorough in explaining the company to me compared to betinna,i am really glad that they wanted her as i felt very comfortable and not just a number,caroline was lovely.not to mention the price was far more affordable.so thankyou for putting me onto them i am very plaesed with the outcome,heres just hoping that some work comes up for all of us....
    nikki

Hi, Im wondering if anyone can recommend a Sydney agency?

i am sure that bettina work from sydney also.
    nikki

Just jumping in - we have an appointment on Monday at Tinlids. For those that are with tinlids - how many photos did you supply? I only have a few pixie photos that are really nice. All the others are just done with the digital camera at home and I haven't printed them. I'll have to get some printed at kmart tomorrow I suppose.....
    Also the pixie photos are already nearly 2 months old?? I suppose they just want current photos...

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I supplied 3 and they were home ones that I had taken but I had to take them back home and e-mail them to her because she thought they'd come out better than if she scanned them.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast