Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Modelling

Thanks Bec. Yeah I've emailed those ones through so I'll just leave it at that then until I take some new ones....

Kristie, current pics are better because then clients loggin onto Louis website, can see exactly what he looks like. They put 3 pics on their sites, and you are meant to email them more current ones if anything changes like a haircut, or new teeth, etc.

Sorry Trish & Meg, I dont know any agencies in Sydney, I suggest just doing a google search and reading client testimonials and stuff and researching from there.

We had Amy's photo taken at the recent Expo in Melb and got a call from Bettina last week. I had an appointment at 3:30 today but cancelled after doing some research on Bettina. There was a particularly interesting eBay forum I found when I Googled Bettina. So many people got the standard call ' Your baby didn't win the competition but we would like her to come in for an interview' and 'Bettina looked though the photos herself. We are interested in modelling Amy but $390 pa plus 20% commission is too much IMO. I will be looking for some more Agencies and doing some more research. Will also be keeping an eye on this thread. Good luck to everyone that has signed with a good Agency, hope your bub gets lots of work and has fun.

Hi!

Well Louis had his meeting this morning and we're just waiting to get the pics up on the website...I was quite happy with how it all went so we'll just see. I don't mind if he doesn't get much/any work as it's just a bit of fun anyway. TinLids only costs $140 so it's not that big an outlay....
    Will let you know if anything happens...

Well we had the interview with Bettina. It was interesting as I was in with another family (who seemed very serious about it all LOL). Maggie was her usual bubbly self and into everything. Anyway she has been accepted, but we cannot afford it. $390 is just too much, even though they did promise to extend for another 6 months no charge if she receives no work. I don't see it as a waste of time, as I finally got to have a look around the Docklands and met up with a friend who I had not seen in ages. So it was a good excuse to get out of the house.

So not sure if I will pursue it with another agency, I have a few other things on my plate at the moment. Even though it would be great to see Maggie in an ad, or catalogue etc

Hi!

Just to let you know as well that I had a look on the Victorian Children's Agents Association website and Bettina is not a member. I'm not sure whether this is important but just thought I'd let you all know.....

Yep, good work Krisvee The director of BubbleGum is/was the president of that association I think and she was excellent at making sure everything was above board at all times. Her name is Jacki Jenkins and I think it's the oldest company in Melbourne. They have a good website... just Google "BubbleGum".

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

TinLids are going to make a mint out of BB LOL! It's funny though, got lots of jobs with Bubblegum but not one word from Tin Lids and Marisa has been with them for a year. But like Bathsheba mentioned, it is lots of running around (usually to Richmond at Huge Studios) for a small amount. BB keeps me busy enough!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

That's interesting Kelly....I will wait and see. I wouldn't want too much work for him anyway for that reason...I find it funny that they say they limit the numbers to 15 each age group yet it seems like everyone gets accepted! hehe. I wonder if it's because they have such a high turnover of kids....

LOL Kelly, was just thinking the same thing, maybe we should start charging commision!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I wouldn't say it is turnover of kids but turnover of another kind
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Bathsheba, I cannot find te bubblegum website address, can you please PM me?

I've just been to the VCAA site and found out what they actually do:

The V.C.A.A. was established for the broad purposes of providing a forum for discussion and resolution of problems common to the junior sector of the industry, to promote the welfare of children involved, to maintain high professional and ethical standards, to represent the interests of agencies and children in legislative, regulatory and Welfare Department matters and to maintain reasonable standards of pay and conditions.

So it seems that what ever agent you choose it's probably a good thing that they are members. TinLids are.

Min, I've PMed you BubbleGum's web address.

Tinlids finally replied to my email a week or so ago, and said that baby target were looking at Jackson the previous week and also the people that do the brandpower commercials. Then a few days later I got a child work permit in the mail for Jackson to be employed by huge studios, so I think this means that coles myer are planning to use him, I am getting excited!! Anyone else had any luck yet?

yes they are not very good at replying to emails are they.i also am waiting for a reply.
    min,i also got the same letter saying that chantelle has been employed by huge studios a couple of days ago.it is a contract for 1 year,but we will see if they actually use her,good luck,i hope that we see jackson on tv,or a catalogue very soon.
    nikki

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Min we got a child work permit the other day too from Coles Myer, I hope it's a good thing

getinmybelly!! Guest

I've had a number of people say I should get Chloe (she's 6) into it.

Here's my question. The reason I haven't looked into it is because her teachers told me she needs to gain self confidence. Do you think this would make it worse or better?

Getinmybelly...
    Wew ere told a few years ago & then approached to have maddison signed up with a modelling Agency, at the time it didnt appeal, we were too busy with Visa's etc...
    A short time later I saw an add for Tinlids & called up made an appt & went in, maddy was talking away to the lady & she said she'd like to have maddy on her books...
    So we went & had her headhsots done & she went into a portfolio book thingy which she was proud of (age 3/4) at this stage... Then a day came for her to have photo's done for a catalogue..
    We went in to the city & made a day of it, but as soon as we walked into tghe studio to have pic's done she burst into tears became awfully shy, withdrawn etc & flatly refused to wear anything they asked her to wear so we left!
    I never bothered with anything after that, coz it was a waste of time & she was too embarassed!...
    She was always very quiet, shy & timid, but this day was the worst!

Now she is in grade 2 at school, a very small school with a total of 120 students she is exceptionally popular, gets up in front of class, school etc on stage in concerts & is really confident now...
    I think the school has made the most change of all & the modelling in all honestly really deflated her!

But maybe ask your DD if she'd like to give it a go & if SHE wants to then maybe look into it...

Good Luck, I know I was so worried about maddy initially but now almost 8 she's too big for her boots & overly confident!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast