Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A couple of questions regarding Grobags

Chrissy I would say a 1.0 tog... Although they dont recommend putting bubs in Grobags until at least 6 weeks because it is better to wrap them in those first few weeks so they feel more secure. So by the time your bubby is 6 weeks it will be halfway through October and by that stage it is getting a lot warmer weather-wise... but then in the really hot part of summer 1.0 tog would be too warm IMO, but then you can easily just put them to bed wearing not much at all.... and then come Autumn of the next year, that same grobag is still likely to fit (the infant size usually fits most babies up to at least 6 months old, sometimes a fair bit longer depending on how long your baby is)
    Also, maybe see what someone else from Melbourne says, as I'm not too familiar with your weather down there.

Def. wrapping to start off with.

Hmmm....it is confusing isn't it.

I think if its over 25 degrees in the babys room, 1 tog would be too warm - I have one each of .5, 1 (got these 2 for gifts) and 2.5 for Milo. I've only just started using them, but the 1.0 tog is pretty heavy for a hot night, whereas the .5 is a light cotton and I think would be much more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyT
    If bumpy is due in September...then what would be an ideal tog to get me thought the seasons ahead?
    I am near Melbourne and I use all three togs. The last week or so the weather has cooled down at night and Erykah is in a 2.5 tog with a long sleeve body underneath. Thats when it drops to 18 degrees.

But I do get a lot of use out of the 1.0 tog and the 0.5 tog

My tip for buying grobags. I use ebay and find that to buy in the UK or canada I have saved about 50% of the cost of those for sale in Oz.

That includes shipping and they are BNWT. If you have rellies in the UK they can get them for about $45 in the shops (mum has bought me a couple)

I emailed grobag as the australian website is more expensive than buying from the UK grobag site. They replied it was more expensive due to australian standards checks and shipping. Surely bulk shipping from europe is cheaper than a single item and they surely do not check every item coming in for australian standards surely just the first.

Sorry that is my whinge over can you tell I am a POM!

Jo

OMG Jo, ebay uk has soooo many grobags, and my cousin is coming out in less than a month! They will work out so much cheaper. Thank you for suggesting. I just have to work out if I can wait that long!

Quote Originally Posted by wardygirl
    OMG Jo, ebay uk has soooo many grobags, and my cousin is coming out in less than a month! They will work out so much cheaper. Thank you for suggesting. I just have to work out if I can wait that long!
    Not a problem. Glad I could pass on some useful info.

Jo

PS If you can't wait that long could you get your cousin to buy one and post it. It would only cost a few pounds and my mum posts me parcels that take only 3 - 4 days to get to me. Just a thought

Or try mothercare( a famous UK store for mums and bubs) and order online still works out cheaper with the exchange rate

Hi Girls these sound great where do I get one from?? I live in Logan city south of Brisbane.

Julie

I got a 2.5 Grobag on ebay that I picked up on Sunday and I have to say, it's the best thing since sliced bread!

I used to tuck Blake into bed really firmly with cloth nappies wedged down the sides to keep the blankets on cause Blake would kick and squirm and carry on and not go to sleep. Well now he just settles so quickly and he doesn't wake barely at all during the night because 1) he's warm enough and 2) he can roll as much as he want as he's not pinned down by the blankets.

I don't know why I didn't get a Grobag sooner!

Just thought I'd share...

I decided I wanted to get a 0.5 tog Grobag for Blake as the weather is still warm, and I don't know if I can put him under a sheet on these hot couple of days we're going to have...

I checked the grobag website and called DJ's Glen Waverley to see if they had any, which they didn't. I decided to call DJ's Chaddy to see what they had and they didn't have a grobag but they had a Living Textiles bag which is almost identical (google them!) but at a fraction of the price. I'm going to go and have a look at one as at $29.95.

Living Textiles make identical looking bags to Grobags. Tog rating is similar. The one I'm going to look at is a 0.33 tog rather than 0.5 but surely it can't be that much different. They also make a 2.0/2.5 tog bag, but I've already got a Grobag one of those!

Will let you know what I think of it on my return.

I also use a Living Textiles one and it is great. I however got mine recently at Baby Buntings for $10!

Now that's what I call a bargain! Which store was it Nell? I wonder if they have any more.

Blake is happily asleep in it now. Seems to be great. I love the waffle weave!

Wow I wish I had known about the Living Textiles sleeping bags! They are less than half the price of Grobags... there are some on Ebay for $35- Buy It Now.
    Wish I could get one, however the one Aidyn has atm will fit him up to 36 months so I cant really justify it! Bugga! LOL
    If you google 'Living Textile baby sleeping bags' you should come up with a few results...

I got it at the Baby Bunting in Maryibrong, (sp) near Highpoint.

Sorry to hijack your thread Dee but could someone tell me why grobags are so expensive? Wouldn't using a sleeping bag be the same but so much cheaper?

Grobags have won awards in the UK and europe. They are cheaper over in the UK and for some reason Grobag can justify the prices in Australia on shipping and also on having to go through stringent Australian standard testing.

They also come with a thermometer that you put in the bedroom and it tells you what clothing to put your baby in underneath the grobag.

Like I have said if you do want Grobags check out ebay uk as they are way cheaper than here in Oz.

Jo

Tegan,
    I have No idea, Maddy slept in a soleeping bag thingy my Mum made & I bought Indah an all in one sleeping bag thingy on Sale at Kmart (Winnie the Pooh style) & they both slept/sleep all night in them...
    I put Indah in hers with just her nappy on & once it cools down my sister has bought her from last Winters Sales Flanny Jammies in Size 1 from Kmart for $1 a pair!!!!
    So thats what I use!!

Tegan - I`m aware the Grobags are made so the baby cannot get it`s arms or head down into the bag - it fits snugly around the neck and arms to prevent any misfortunate accidents happening - someone correct me if I`m wrong but that`s what I`ve worked out.

Thanks for those tips everyone, I`m going to have a search on the www.

I just picked up a Living Textiles sleeping bag from Baby Bunting in Maribynong too. It was $10.95.

So for anyone nearby who wants a bargain, they are on the specials table, they are all 2.5 tog, navy blue in color with a little whale on the top right and there are about 15 left.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast