Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Children's Books

Default Favourite Children's Books

Whats your child's fave book? We read every night before bed, its a ritual in this house bath, teeth, ladybird lights, book and then she blows out the ladybird lights and off to the land of nod

Some of Paris' faves are:

Koala Lou
    Spot
    In the Dark Dark Wood
    Santa's Suprise
    Charlie the Chicken

I will think of more as they come to mind

*hugs*
    Cailin

Kam doesn't read before bed anymore. He prefers to read during the course of a day now, and atm he wants me to read stories about old australia of all things LMAO !!!

Used to be my books as a kid to do projects from etc 8-[ He has Dr Seuss to read on the toilet

Love :smt049

Hi - tonights books were - humphrey at the playground, the girls potty book, one of the alphabet books and the harris scarfe catalog.

A little while back, her fave was one with a button you pressed and these little lights came on and it had an echinda in it and she just loved this echinda !

I was reading a thread like this on another board 'auctionmums' (for mums who do ebay) and they listed a whole heap of new books. I can say I've bought anything new for caitlin - I'm a bit of a school fete junkie and all her books have come from them.

barb.

ROFLMAO at Harris Scarfe catalogue LOLOLOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

lulusmum25 Guest

Default favourite books

Hi, Olivia's favourite books include,

Winnie the pooh and the Honey pot rescue - this is a parent & child read together book which has flash cards and handwriting activities when they are older.
    Waddle, Giggle Gargle Paddle Poodle by Pamela Allen
    Clippity Clop by Pamela Allen
    Good night Ginger Kitten
    Clever Clownfish
    and Skippy the bush kangaroo - this is one from my childhood and doesn't have the cover on I read it to her every other day.
    :smt049 susan

Harry likes to be read to before bed and he likes 'I love my little story book'. He also loves this book called 'Teddy bear goes to nursery school' that I got for $1 from a second hand bookstore, it has gorgeous pictures.

Bon

Hi - we've started going to the library again this month, they have a morning a week there for toddlers where a librarian reads and they sing songs and do something crafty.

The kids were really scatty today - the library lady read books that had won awards or were commended recently, one about a camel, andother one about closing chickens in henhouse and the one that won an award 'thomas and grandpa' or something like that. This last one, was about going to the beach, so simple, why can't I write something like that ??

Caitlin likes the singing part, but has a bit of trouble sitting still for the whole story. And this week she discovered if she sits and puts up her hand the librarian will talk to her !

barb.

Does anyone else's child have any favourite books?

Aidyn is a little young to have a 'favourite', but he loves his book called 'Busy Garden'. The pages are designed really cleverly and have moving/action parts to it - he is fascinated by them! (eg. if you spin the little wheel at the side, the water droplets move on the page to water the flower, and if you move the little tab back and forth, the little boy will swing on his swingset! If that makes any sense!)

Okay, so the munchkin isn't born just yet, but we read to him almost everynight already. We read Dr Seuss Oh The Places You'll Go. He either loves it or hates it cos he kicks up a storm whenever we read - I like to think he loves it!!

LOL Sarah how cute!! I have to say Matilda isn't to fond of books because that means staying still! LOL! But we do read to her every day in the rocking chair and right now the fav is Jack the Dog.

katanya Guest

Okay, so the munchkin isn't born just yet, but we read to him almost everynight already. We read Dr Seuss Oh The Places You'll Go. He either loves it or hates it cos he kicks up a storm whenever we read - I like to think he loves it!!
    Sarah that is beautiful, i wish I'd read more to Felix in the womb, but I felt a bit self concious to be honest, I think next baby it will all make more sense.
    Felix has heaps of board books with ABC's and animals and Numbers etc..but his favourite is a book called Baby Bright which I bought from a Learning Ladder Book party! It has butterflies and tracing lines and at the end the butterfly lands on the nose and it has a button to push and the baby laughes..he LOVES it!
    Also have a book with cars and trucks and button to push that make honking and engine revs, and he loves that too..also likes bath books and anything with animals.

We had planned on reading to munchkin, but hadn't gotten around to it. But then when we visited Cailin & Marc, they showed me the book they read to Paris & it's great. So when we got home I just had to buy it!

DH and I have been reading to bubs as well. ATM just two books - "Learn to Read ABC" and "Count and Read 123" They have other stories in them too but we just read the 'ABC ' and '123' ones. I thought they were a bargain - $5 or $6 from Big W and there are others in the series, like Nursery Rhymes, Bedtime Read and Count and Fairy Tales. I am going to try and get them all as they are large, hardcover, colourful, large print books.

Katanya, I also have one of those learning ladder books for Aidyn. It is a fold out cloth book with bright colours and geometric shapes, etc.
    He also has an absolutely GORGEOUS book that I found at the Early Learning Centre shop as well, it is called Sunshine Colours. It is a cloth book as well, as the pictures are bright and lovely nature drawings, and there is a little cloth sun (with a smiley face of course) attached by a string so you can move it to each page as you tell the story about the sun shining down on certain things.... just gorgeous!
    I also bought a set of 12 board books at Kmart, that have things like basic counting, colours, first words, shapes etc. Theyre really simple with only one picture or word on each page. Atm Aidyn loves to eat them, LOL.
    I am also collecting up the 'mini' Disney classsics for him. They cost about $3 each from Target or Kmart, Aidyn has about 8 atm... though they are quite long to read out loud (too long for him) I'm sure he will like them when they are older.
    He also loves his 'Play with Spot' Board book, I am looking for more of those atm.
    A few months ago Dr Suess was on special at bookworld, so I bought him 4 of those for when he is abit older.
    *phew* ok, I think I've rambled on enough now!! (can you tell I love reading? LOL)

Well I just thought I would bump this up with Zander's favourite book at the moment.

Time For Bed Pip - every night after he has his pjs on he goes to Aaron & says "dad pip" hehe very cute.

He also likes:
    * Who Wants a Dragon
    * That's Not My Monster

We have heaps of favourites in this house.

ATM it is

~ Time for a Rhyme - collection of nursery rhymes
    ~ Alice the Fairy
    ~ Charlie and Lola
    ~ Harry and the Dinosaurs
    ~ Any book from the Tonka series (which DH reads in dodgy southern american accent)

The story reading is DH's department - it's his time with the kids before bed.

Maddy has the biggest library of books in her room, she is currently reading all thE harry Potter books & will then start on last years Christmas present which was the collection of books with (the lion witch & wardrobe etc... I cant think of the name right now) She has saked for the Lord of the Rings books for Chrissy this year!
    Maddy locks herself in her bedroom & reads to her teddies. She always reads chapter books from school too as part of her readers & adores reading & has true respect for books!
    Her fave's as she was growing up were:
    The post man books (where each page has an envelope with mail in it & the bookstells of the postman going to houses & delivering the mail, she loved Spot books & has heaps of Dr Seuss, she also has books from Indonesia in Indonesian these are actual;ly little golden books & she loves reading them now to Indah. Maddy also often reads the where did I come from books!!!

Indah has a stack of board books, including those Einstein ones, but all have corners missing as all she does is eat them! So we have to read them & put them away.....

I love reading to the girls & making silly voices etc!!!

*OOOH, we have Time for a Rhyme & Maddy used to choose a Nursery Rhyme from it every night for me to read to her!!!
    It's great now coz I can do some tidying & Maddy sits Indah down & reads them to her!!!!

Yep daddy reads a book every night before bed, although I think he may be getting a bit sick of Pip!! I'm thinking of getting another one in the series today so daddy doesn't go crazy LOL!

Tracey - the Narnia books?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast