Thread: Feed then bath OR bath then feed?

Default Feed then bath OR bath then feed?

Do you feed baby then bath or bath then feed? DD is 11 weeks (breastfed)and I am not sure if it matters which order they are done in. Will milk in her tummy be uncomfortable in the bath? I also give her a gentle leg and arm massage after the bath.
    What do you do?

Feed, then bath massage etc. I think it gets them off to sleep beautifully.

We have always had a routine of wind down, story, bath, into sleeping bag and then feed before bed, and that was since she was born. Now its dinner, story, bath and bed.
    I dont think it really matters although you someone else might be able to advise about the food in her tummy and then massage.
    Good luck!

Enchanted Guest

We have always bathed Oscar before a bottle. I found it was a nice time to wind down and give him a little massage then give him a bottle which would be just enough to send him to sleep

With that said, that way works for us but you do whatever works for you.

until sophie started solids and had dinner it was

bath, boob,bed
    now its
    dinner, play, bath, boob, bed

just do waht works for you both

Hi Deirdre,

My little girl is 15 weeks and since beginning of Feb I have bathed, then fed. For us, a feed puts her to sleep so a bath after this would be useless, and Kimberley has a habit of chucking if moved around too much after a feed. After about a week of this routine, she has became a lot more relaxed, shown some signs of routine and started sleeping through. Do what is right for you, if you find one way not settling, try the other way.

Heather

We've always done feed then bath. One being that the bath relaxes them and gets them ready for a sleep (but id say when breastfeeding i'd still do feed then bath, but give them a breastfeed top up before bed).. and now being DS is older, he needs a bath after his dinner as he makes a BIG mess.. and then a bottle before bed.. so he's always been use to that routine.

Like the other girls have siad, go with your little one's cues. Darcy has always hated baths. Even now. It wasn't the slightest bit relaxing for her - ever. So I used to bath her when she was at her most alert - mid morning.

Now he's more repsonsive to a 'routine' as such and she has a bath after dinner with little or no battle because she's used to it.

Every babe's different.