Thread: High Chair

Default High Chair

Hi! I am just after recommendations for a high chair. I have one atm but the straps have frayed off (9yrs old!!) and it is not safe. I want a cheap, not flash one. I know the first thing everyone is going to say is the ikea antelope one!!! I like this, but we have no ikea store here and they don't ship products up here. So the ikea one is out! I want one that is simple to wipe down, no crevices for food etc, and fairly cheap as this is most likely our last bub.

Thanks!

If that's the case, go to target or BigW to get one. They ony have plastic tray ones if that's what you're after. Or alternatively you can get one of those booster seats for your dining chairs and not use a high chair at all?

I have been given a Bruin one from Toys R Us & it's TERRIBLE! I think it was pretty cheap, but it was so hard to put together (took me 3 goes - the parts just don't fit together properly & the instructions are unclear).

If I had been buying for myself I would have gotten the Fisher Price travel one that just straps to a dining chair. I like this one because bub can sit at the table with you, the tray is washable, it's hard plastic (= easy to clean) & it's cheap (about $60 at Kmart).

Have you considered getting one of the chair type ones that attaches to the table/bench where-ever? The ones with one 'arm' over teh top and one under that hold themselves onto the edge of the bench?

They may be cheaper than a high chair...
    I really have no idea though, havent bought one yet!! lol

GL!

Actually thanks girls, the booster seat type is prob a good idea! Hadn't thought of that!