Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ikea high chair

Default Ikea high chair

Does anyone use the Ikea high chair? Any thoughts about this chair?

Matryoshka Guest

BRILLIANT!!!!

We intially had a very expensive one with all the bells and whistles and honestly it was a pain to clean - getting food out of the padded chair crevices etc. While the wheels were convenient, nothing else was worth the price.

We tried the ikea chair at someones house by chance and i was amazed how comfy DS was, he didn't seem smothered by the chair, tray is removable and to clean you just wipe it down! so worth the tiny price, we are still using ours! Ended up selling the other one

love it love it love it!!!!!!! wouldnt have any other!!

get a second blow up insert to leave in the car, there fatastic when out a restuarants to use on other highchairs!!!

Yup - we have one and we LOVE IT... we have taken off the tray, so DS sits up with us at the table. It was the only chair that he did not slip down in and have the tray around his chin!!!! Bloody fantastic - can't recommend it enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Aricyn's Mum View Post
    It was the only chair that he did not slip down in and have the tray around his chin!!!! Bloody fantastic - can't recommend it enough..
    i agree, i like how it encourages then to sit straight and not slouched down like most!

Matryoshka Guest

Same here!

yep its great - we used to use them at the restaurant

easy to clean, stackable, and doesnt take up half of your living room.

definately the way to go!

Which one are you talking about? The plain wood high chair? I don't remember it having an insert or anything...hmm...

I think everyone is talking about the one I have which is the plastic white one, you buy the tray separately and the insert separately too. I have it too and LOVE LOVE LOVE it - takes a few seconds to clean and I literally wash down the lot in the sink with hot water and it looks like new. Ive used a few other ones at girls from mothers group and even though they try to keep them clean they just look yucky with food stuck in cracks and creases. The only thing that worries me as she gets older is that its only a lap strap not a 5 point harness but I have friends who have used it right up and with proper supervision havent had any trouble!
    Its called Antilop if you want to look it up - not sure about the wooden one sorry!!

Yep - I have the white plastic one too and love it for its minimalist design and general non-froofiness. I don't do froofy.

The only thing they could do to improve it is to add wheels but really I'm quibbling here as it's so light to lift (even with DD in it) that it's no real hassle. And that's from someone with a dodgy back too so if I find it easy to lift, anyone will.

Yeah I'm talking about the plain white one, thanks so much ladies, I will definately be buying this high chair!! Someone told me it is excellent as if need be you can take it outdoors and hose it down. Also DD's childcare use them as well, so its not like they are unsafe or anything. Yay will get one this week!

A friend of mine puts her daughter straight in the shower in it after eating- easy to clean her and the chair!

Quote Originally Posted by ren View Post
    A friend of mine puts her daughter straight in the shower in it after eating- easy to clean her and the chair!
    I've never thought of doing that, thanks for the tip LOL
    Macauley makes sooo much mess with spag bol ect

Ren - that is hilarious!! I have such a funny image in my head but brilliant idea! Spaghetti bol and lasagna are the worst! The chair comes up trumps every time though!

Yep, we have one and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanstar View Post
    which . The only thing that worries me as she gets older is that its only a lap strap not a 5 point harness
    !!
    same concern here as the lap strap does slip when their in it, we use tighten it then use pegs to hold it in place (under at the back it that makes sence) but sophie alwasy nicks them when chair not in use!!

Love the cahir, wish we had never the bought the U beaut one, horrible to clean and is a bit smelly after a while We go away camping a bit, and it goes with us, legs pull off, just fantastic!!!! Wondering if all there furniture is this good /quality /user freindly? Any one bought much from them?

i was an ikea junkie - until one day they didnt have what i wanted in stock and was terribly dissapointed - dont they know hard it is to get DP there???!!! But yeah - dd's bed is ikea, as is her wardrobe (which is great) and they have the cheapest tealights in town...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast