Thread: Pimples replacing Cradle Cap

Default Pimples replacing Cradle Cap

Hi,

My DS has cradle cap and it looks like where the crustys are coming off there are little pimples moving in. He has hair so you can't really seem them but I am wondering if anyone elses bub has experienced this. I wonder if they are itchy or sore... They look a little nasty, they are red with a white head. He doesn't seem to be worried about them. Also, my DS is 4 months old.. How often do you wash your bubs hair? Your comments would be appreciated. Thanks. xxoo

We've had cradle cap, but I haven't noticed the pimples you are talking about so I can't be much help! I think they have excess oil on their scalps so that probably explains the pimples. Have you tried using bicarb soda on them? You can mix it with water to make a paste and rub in on his head. This got rid of my DS's cradle cap and I wonder if it would work for pimples.

I wash my DS's hair every second or third day with Gaia shampoo, otherwise I just rinse it with water. I worry about drying his scalp out if I wash it too much.

THanks Trish.. .I didn't think I was going to get a reply.. LOL - I haven't tried bicarb soda so might give that a go and see if that helps. It seems to be a little bit itchy at the moment as well so I might give him a good going over in the bath tonight. THanks for your input. Micky xxoo

No worries Micky! I used the bicarb soda paste on his head every night for a week, but I noticed improvement almost as soon as I started doing it. I hope it works!