Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remind me that this gets easier...

Willow - I so hear you. My DS is now 7 months. He was a fantastic sleeper until about 5 months and then it went down down down. I didnt want to use controlled methods and was just searching and searching for some help.
    I can honestly say that the best thing for me was to realise that I was putting too much pressure on myself and feeling like his sleeping was a reflection of my parenting. But it isn't. Babies are biologically supposed to sleep lighter than adults. Some babies sleep better than others. Some babies that are great sleepers turn into terrible sleepers and vice versa. But they all get better in the end. Sure, there are things you can do to promote sleep but you can't force sleep.
    It was a huge relief for me to realise that it isn;t my fault that DS wakes up several times overnight and now I am a lot more relaxed and happier because I feel like I can ride out the worst of it.
    And I have to say I have noticed that the days when we are relaxed and happy and have a giggle while we are going to sleep are the easiest ones to get him to sleep in.

So....big hugs. I totally understand how you feel. It does get better.

Willow

Sounds like over the month things have really improved. Don't forget your doing a great job!! Have you read back to remind yourself of how things have improved for you.

I hope they continue to get better and better.

Hi Willow.

Nicholas did nothing but cry until he was about 8 weeks old. At 4 weeks, we realised he had reflux, and by 8 weeks, his medication had started to work. In that time, he would only settle in our arms while we bounced on a fit ball, so we would sleep one at a time, while the other one settled the baby. It was exhausting! I bought a HAB on a recommendation from someone on BB, and I swear, I almost cried the first time I put him in it and he fell alseep! I practically wore him for the next few months, and he finally settled into a good routine by about 12 weeks.

It was so hard though, and I really found myself wondering why I had another baby! It was such a shock to the system after my daughter was such a placid, happy baby who was a textbook sleeper.

Hang in there, and good luck! Soon, you will be able to look back at these days as a distant memory, and remember, when you are having a bad day, think to yourself, you will never have to live that day again, and tomorrow is a new day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123