Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She fell off the change table HEAD FIRST... I feel SO guilty :( Reassurance needed...

Tan, I could have posted the exact same post (and probaby did LOL!) when Jack fell down the stairs while I was pg with Tom. I was hysterical and so, so guilty. I think the problem when you are pg is it just slows you down enough that what used to be catching distance, no longer is.

These things happen hun. Every child has accidents. We are the lucky ones - these falls were distressing but there was no harm done. She will have forgotten all about it long before you will. But down the track you will realise that this is just one of things that happens and isn't your fault. Big hugs hun.

Awww dont beat yourself up DD has fallen down stairs and knocked herself out, fell off our bed at 3 months old head 1st

Tan - you are so far in the opposite direction of a bad mother it is hilarious! You are a GREAT mother!
    Don't stress about it (I know, easier said than done!). Sammiejane gave you great advice - exactly what I was going to write.
    To make you feel better, DD is always falling and smacking her head. Even head first. She's nose dived off the bed at least half a dozen times (the most recent being this morning ), off the couch, and even off the change table as well! It's life. It's not like you didn't try to stop it or that you threw her off it. You did everything you could to get her to be safe (by sitting rather than standing), you tried to catch the falling missile, you checked her over immediately, you prepared to take her to ED and when noticed she was ok, called a professional advice line (much better than sitting in ED for hours!), you are watching her to make sure she is ok, and you feel bad for her accident. What's wrong with that? NOTHING. She will have a great many more mishaps throughout her life and you can't stop them all. Sometimes they need to have accidents and make mistakes so they can learn from them... even the ones that cause a booboo.

Make yourself a cuppa and watch Izzy running circles and relish in the beautiful, talented, courageous girl you are raising.

MG

P.S. The runs was probably the stress - not uncommon

Gosh, hugs to your little girl, but hugs to you too.....

Just a suggestion - i change my girls on the floor now in their bedroom. Its so much easier kneeling down and changing them from there, than the changetable. With your growing belly, it maybe easier for you too ??? Just a thought.....

PS - i managed to hit my DD#2 head today whilst putting her in her carseat. Im sure if all us mums take a seat and think back over our day, we've accidently done something that isnt 'mother of the year' material......big hugs.....

Awwww lovey!!! Completely understand the yucky feelings! But you are such a great mummy! Sending so many more hugs your way!

SugarDust Guest

It happens to the best of us!

She will be fine!

Aww hun lots of

If it makes you feel any better I fell over on the concrete while I was carrying Alex yesterday. He didn't get hurt but considering we were by the side of the road and I don't know what happened (I think I may have blacked out momentarily) I was pretty scared. And I have a bleedy scratched and sore arm and leg to boot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12