Thread: Sleeping bag users

Default Sleeping bag users

Hi,

Just wondering if you use a sleeping bag for day and night sleeps or just night sleeps?

I only ever used them at night.... but I live in Qld LOL

same with misty .. only at night .. during the day i put a cotton sheet over ds or i wrapped him until he was 10mths so he slept better and longer !!

I think during winter I used it for some day sleeps as well.... but mostly night sleeps.

I use them at night only and only in winter.

i used a sleeping bag for both night and day sleeps.. i found she would sleep better!!
    but havent since she was 12 months..

I only use it at night too, daytime just sheets and blankets in winter and in summer, just a sheet! Although we haven't had a problem with it, I know people who had problems getting their little one to sleep during the day and realised it was because he didn't have his sleeping bag during the day. Isabelle knows it's bedtime when her bag goes on and almost get's excited that it is bedtime!

I use a sleeping bag day and night, I have a really thin cotton one for his day sleeps and really hot nights, and normal nights I use a thicker one (summer weight)

I also use the bags day and night - thinner for warmer days/nights, thicker one if it gets cooler. Although, even the thinner one can be too warm if it is a stinker so then I will wrap DD's legs and tuck her into the end of the cot. However! DD is a) a wriggle pot and b) and escape artist if we try and wrap her so the bags actually assist in a far better nap/sleep!

So far I've only used it at night. It would have to be pretty cold for me to use it during the day. I've got the .5 and the 1.0 togs. Will invest in the 2.5 next winter if he still likes them.

Day and night here. Interesting reading all the different responses!
    The bags I have are cheaper ones, cotton, like t-shirt fabric. Quite light.

Day & Night here too. I also have found it interesting reading the different responses...I guess all bubs are soooo very different.
    I don't see how it makes a difference to temp as you can get them in different togs & you dress bubs accoardingly...it's 45plus here most days & Charlie has just nappy on under the sleeping bag during the day & suit at night as we have the air cond on cooler as it's easier to sleep. It covers chest & legs no different to rug or sheet.
    Charlie is such a mover that we were afraid he'd get caught under rugs etc so it's just him in the sleeping bag in his cot (oh & dummy & small blankie). He was also getting legs stuck etc & sleeping for no longer than 40mins...now he has 3hr arvo naps & at night we don't have to worry about blankets coming off & him waking up cold - he now sleeps through most nights. I love the sleeping bag!!!

Day and night for me. DD is too quick to flip around in her cot and put her head under sheets and blankets so she's in a bag all the time if she needs covers.

night only, i find its her nightime sllep que!!

Night only, and mostly only in winter or colder nights.

When we started using them it was for all sleeps, this was for about 2-3 months.
    When DS went to daycare, the kept not using his bag, so at first I wasn't happy, but he had his day sleeps with a blanket, and still all sleeps at home with a grobag.
    Mum and DH in particular were finding it hard to get him in to the bag during the day, this year, so we started using it only for night sleeps in spring this year, and since november he's not not in one at all.

slightly OT -- I really recommend a 'trasition' to anyone swapping from bag to nobag, as we're had zero issues with it, when I was anticipating a few.

Day and night sleeps here too. He just seems to sleep better in them. I used to think the concept a bit overrated and a grab for our money, but have since changed my mind entirely and have bought a few of them...different weights and one spare for when he has a little accident.

Im breaking Jesse out of them this summer, basically cos i dont want to buy the next size up and hes going to go into a big bed next year. But he only wore them at night. During the day i just go in and put a blanket on him once hes asleep.. at night i cant do that all night. I think its the way to go, that way theyre half use to sleeping with out it.. as he has gone the last 3 nights without the sleeping bag and had no problems what so ever.