Thread: uh oh! Head lice!

DoubleK Guest

Default uh oh! Head lice!

i thought krystal was too little to get lice!! i havent the faintest idea WHERE she got it from!!

i went to the chemist and got some conditioner stuff and a comb.. done all that on sunday and picked out 25 bugs (eewww) but she is still scratching.. is it ok to use the conditioner again? it says to use again in 7 days, incase any eggs were missed. i just picked out another bug after her shower now.

grr poor bub!!

Rach, go to Woollies and get some of the Wild Child products - they have a combing solution (which you can repeat) as well as a once-only product which is made from Quassia bark (natural product). I have found the comb that comes with the solution is the very best one for getting the critters out. Make sure you tell everyone you spend time with regularly so the 'source' is identified and treated (does she go to child care? I'd be telling them too). Good luck, it's a PITA, and absolutely horrible that you've had to start so young!!

DoubleK Guest

no she doesnt go to child care or anything like that, we havent had our mums group meet for a while now! so i really cant figure it out!!

i have found for a natural cheap remedie conditioner, i use heaps in my kids hair, applied top dry hair and left over night and rinsed out. it stops the lice from breathing and kills them, as for the eggs a lice comb or hand picking works, robi combs are fantastic to check for lice.
    My daughter in her old school had lice constantly for over 1 year and we couldn't just use chemicals as its bad for her. Also tho's scrunchies you get in wool worths or coles are great with natural herb in it. and tee tree oil in a water bottle sprayed on is fabulous.

as a child my mother used to put vinerger in our hair and im telling ay now bar from the smell they jump out. altho as a parent ild rather a nicer approach

BTW I didn't answer your original question, if you're doing a normal conditioner treatment you really need to repeat it every second day until she's been lice-free for a week. If you're using a product, follow the instructions. If you want to you could comb through with regular conditioner every second day then treat again with the first product the week later (if it's still necessary). HTH