Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time does your baby go down at night?

Default What time does your baby go down at night?

Just curious what time you put your baby to bed at night?

Ive been going on Jesse's feeds. Being he is bottle fed, he has 5 feeds per day every 4 hours approx. He usually wakes of a morning at 6am then feeds at 10am, 2pm, 6pm & 9-9.30pm and then goes down for his night sleep and wakes the same again.
    But im wondering if he should be going down earlier? Ive read on here alot of mums put their babies down at around 7pm but if that is the case, do they still get the same amount of feeds a day? Does this matter at this age or is it something more introduced when they are 6 months and having proper food?

jack goes down anywhere from 9pm to midnight, i think (dont quote) at this age it doesn't matter just go with the flow

Even when Danielle was young I fed her when she was hungry during the day which was usually every 3 hours but when 7.30pm came around I fed her regardless what time I fed her previously and put her in bed at 8pm. There was no way possible she would go to bed earlier. But luckily for me from 6 weeks of age she slept through the night and pretty much as done so ever since except for a few occasions like when she had a cold, needles and teething. She sleeps through from 8pm to 6-7am. The only downfall I have now is daylight savings - she won't go to bed at 8pm anymore!! We are slowly getting there but what a pain in the butt!! Otherwise I can't really complain about 8pm really.

Alexander was going down between 7.30-8pm... now with daylight savings, it's between 8.30-9pm but that ok with me as once he is down he generally sleeps through. He generally has a huge long feed just before going to sleep (he is B/F)

Nina goes down between 6 - 6.30pm each night. During the day she wakes from 6am, generally has sleeps at 11am, 2pm & 4pm. She generally sleeps through the night, or will wake once for a feed, around 2 or 3am. She's fully breastfed and at 6pm, just prior to her going to bed, she'll have a long feed too.

Charlotte was goin down about 7pm (she still wakes twice over night for a feed) but lately she will wake around 40 mins after going down and wont go back down to about 9:30-10pm it is driving me insane. she normally wakes about 1am 4am and then 8am to start the day.
    i wish she would sleep through the night

Toby goes down between 6 and 7pm. He is usually wanting a feed around that time so he has the feed and I put him down. He sleeps straight through till about midnight/1am and then will wake again to feed at about 3 and 6am.
    My DD goes to bed at 7 and has been since she was about Toby's age so I'm keen to get him moving towards that so they are both going down at the same time.
    I don't think you can start trying to establish bed time too early, it might take them god knows how long to "get it" (up to the individual baby) but it certainly doesn't hurt to have the routine happening.

Caty gets her last feed between 10 and 10.30 depending on when she 'neh's....then she wants a feeding around 4am..

Ahh ok, i guess it does depend on the child.
    I might start maybe feeding him every 3 hours during the day. He's only taking about 150mls each feed atm when he should be having 200mls, refuses any more, and maybe see how that goes.

Fee Guest

From an early age Cooper has shown to us that he likes his bed time to be between 6.00 pm and 6.30 pm. If he goes to sleep at this time he won't wake until 5.00 am for a feed.

Cooper is an early waker and usually has 5-6 breastfeeds per day (he sometimes wakes in the night around 3.00 am for a feed otherwise he is starting to sleep through to 5.00 quite regularly). His feeds range anywhere from every 2.5 hours to every 4 hours.

Even if he has a feed at 4.30 pm, I will always do his bath between 5.30 pm and 6.00 pm and then a final feed at 6.00 pm. I then read him a story and he goes straight to bed.

My Kaitlyn has her last bottle at 9 - 9:30 and then sleeps until about 7:30 - 8ish. She's 7 months old today....

When she was younger (about 4 -5 months), she used to have a final bottle at about midnight - 1am and would then sleep through to 7:30 - 8ish. I'm glad she's dropped that feed....

I think if its working for you, don't try to change it!

Rylee feeds about every 3 hours during the day but this varies and at the mo she is having a growth spurt. I was being fairly strict on having a bath at 6 pm, feed at 6.30 pm and trying to get her down at 7 pm, but lately have been letting her go a bit later to see if it makes any diff to her sleeping through - if she goes down about 8 pm she'll make it till 3 am then 6.30 am ish - but if she goes down at 7 pm she'll wake at 1am, 4 am and then 7 am - so I guess I am trying to go with the flow - nothing worse than trying to get a bub to sleep when they don't want to. Laurin

Kel

I feed Julia every 3 hours at 6.30am, 9.30am, 12.30noon, 3.30pm, 6.30pm, and 10pm with an extra feed thrown in around 8pm sometimes whens shes really hungry and is awake. Shes breastfeed for the first two feeds and toped up with formula (200mls each time) at 12.30, 6.30pm and 10pm and sleeps from 10.30pm - 5 or 6am each day.

Bel

Melinda Guest

Ruby is generally down for the night between 6.30 and 7.30 - more often than not, it's 7 pm. She will sleep through, only waking once for a feed, and then goes back to sleep, waking at around 7 am (sometimes later). She too is bottlefed. She is currently having precious little day-time sleep, but on the days where she has slept well during the day, it hasn't affected her overnight sleep at all.

Jacob on the other hand didn't ever go down for the night until 9 pm at the same age (and up to around 9 months). That was just 'his' way. He would catnap throughout the day for 30 or 40 minutes and then be up and at 'em again! He didn't sleep all that well overnight (still doesn't at times LOL).

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Jovi has 4 bottles now ... brekkie, lunch, tea (plus eats then too!) and will usually give in anywhere between 7:30 and 9:30 depending on how much sleep she had during the day. But her 3rd bottle is usually around 6:30, then we've give her another one (usually while she's sleeping) when we go to bed around 10:30-11.

Fire Fly Guest

DD is on bed by 7.30/8 and DS is in bed at 6.

My boys are taken in for a story at 8.30 & lights out after the book. Personally I would like to see them going in for the book at 8 & lights out at 8.30. But DH has kindly taken over the role of bed time for the boys so I can't push him to do it how I want it done. I take Isla to settle for the night around 7.30/8ish. But she could be asleep anywere from 7.30/8ish to 10pm, depends on the night. One of the reasons DH does the bed time thing with the boys. Some nights I am lucky & Isla goes down well & then I get a little break while DH deals with the boys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast