Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why won't she sleep?

tiggy Guest

Thanks Jill and Kelly.

Another bad night. *SIGH*

awww Tiff *hugs* I thought of you last night as Matilda climbed into our bed at 12.30am and then got up when Jovie got up at 3.30 and then was up again at 5am and then for the day at 6.15........

tiggy Guest

Christy,
    I have just given the Brauers to Ivy 1/2 hourly for the last 2 hours. I'm hoping for a miracle tonight. I feel for you.
    A 'friend' told me it was my fault that she was waking so often, that I was giving off nervous vibes...way to kick a girl when she's down.

Tiff, you should have kicked her, in fact, tell me where she lives and I'll kick her for you LOL - what a ridiculous thing to say to someone.

tiggy Guest

I asked her how she could say that when Ivy wouldn't sleep for David or for my MIL either and how is it that Noah will sleep? I don't seem to pass on my nervous energy onto him?!?!?! GRRRR. Must admit though, felt very fragile today.

Tiff, I'm sorry for everything you're going through ... both you and Ivy. I just wanted to add some commiserations as William suffers from nightmares and is also a late teether. The combination has resulted in many nightwakings of the screaming inconsolably variety. Your daily routine with Ivy sounds a lot like ours too. I can only imagine having health issues thrown into the mix with that.

I hope the place comes up soon in the sleep study. It sounds like it might be very helpful for both of you. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Love,

Mel

tiggy Guest

Thanks Mel.
    Hope that young William settles for you soon.

Hi Tiff -
    Well DS is having a rough night tonight so thoughts are with you as we continually re-settle him tonight. He went down for the night at 8:15pm and has already woken four times - so I'm deeming this a bad night already! SIGH!! Perhaps you are having better luck with Ivy??? My thoughts are with you...

tiggy Guest

Hi Heidi,
    Sadly no, we didn't have a better night than you. I hope that DS settled for you and that you got a block of sleep. Ivy slept from 8pm until 11pm and then she was up and is still up, now having brekkie. I am on night duty tonight and feeling all very down about it. Five nights of little sleep. Hopefully she'll crash tonight so DH can get some much needed sleep.
    I hope your night wasn't too horrid. Thinking of you...and Christy...and Melbo...and all the other Mums with no- sleep wonderbabies.

Tiff, I just feel so bad for you. I reallu hope all of you guys get some much needed sleep soon. Is it possible to take turn with your DH's? Share the load? Not at the same time, but so that one can sleep while the other sits with the baby.

oh Tiff I'm so sorry *hugs* I wish I had the answer. The one positive you have is knowing that it isn't you. Noah sleeps & if it was you (silly friend...) then he wouldn't be either. Its not your fault. It took me 2 years to come to that conclusion with Matilda, I realised it wasn't me. She isn't a sleeper. She doesn't fit the textbooks... and thats the way it is. I am much more at peace with it than DH is thats for sure.

Awww tiff

I dont know hun.

Maybe she just ...hmmmm I cant answer. You have done everything and I think your doing all of it right.

Im sorry Im no help.

Awww Ivy let mummy have a rest hunny...lol...

Good luck tiff...xxxx

Hi Tiff -
    I hope you survived your night shift! I eventually pull DS into bed and co-sleep when I get too tired in the night. Strangely enough he then sleeps reasonably well so one way or another I get enough sleep to function the next day.
    Did I read your last post correctly??? Did Ivy wake at 1am and then NEVER go back to sleep - not even for a little while??? YIKES if I understood that right.
    I went to playgroup for the first time today and DS loved it and was completely shattered by the time we got home. He had a quick shower with daddy and then straight to bed and I thought maybe just MAYBE he would take a massive nap but it was not to be. He slep 1hr 45mins but woke at the 1hr mark and needed re-settling which really means it was his usual 90 minute nap.
    On the positive side his first block of sleep last night was 3 hours so perhaps perhaps perhaps we are making baby steps in the right direction. I am probably going to speak to the girl that works at the natural food store about the brauers range - I want to check the ingredients carefully of the sleep aid one and then I'll think about trying it. There are a lot of enviromental allergies on my side of the family so I have to be extra careful.
    DS is whinging so need to attend to him but before I go - I keep forgetting to ask hold old Ivy and Noah are?? Also wanted to let you know that I checked out your photo site and you have a beautiful family - where do you find the time to sceapbook with all you do??? You truly are an amazing woman!!!

tiggy Guest

Hi Heidi,
    Yep, you read right and she did a repeat perfoemance last night for DH while I was at work. He was shattered this morning.
    Mondays are a busy day for us. We have babygroup and it falls between the two nap times so Ivy and Noah are both overtired this afternoon. I am so tired this arvo.
    Tonight, I am moving Ivy's cot next to my bed in the hope that she will sleep if she can see me. We are on to six nights and counting.
    Her right ear drum perforated last night, so I am wondering if I have been totally unobservant and missed the signs of middle ear infection and this is why she hasn't slept well. She hasn't had a fever though, so I am stumped.
    Thanks for thinking of us, Ivy and Noah are almost 16 months old now.

Tiff, my girlfriends son was as happy as could be during the day, no temp, no fever no pulling of ears & was an absolute horror at night would only sleep curled up in a ball on the lounge couch all night! So they let him go, after 5 or 6 nights they were so tired as he'd wake hourly & need re settling, then one day Child care called to say BOTH his earsdrums had perforated! She felt sick that she hadnt noticed but that night he slept better & has returned to sleeping from 7pm til 10pm a quick bottle & then back to sleep til 7:30am!

I hope Ivy now settles for you....

Hi Tiff!
    Still thinking about you quite often so thought I would post quickly tonight! Was wondering how it went putting the cot right up next to your bed so she could see you in the night? Or is she more settled now that her ear is on the mend? That is yucky that it perforated but it is so hard to know what is wrong when they can't just use words and tell us!
    If you check out my post in the punching bag room you will find that I had a rough day today because I let the stupid woman at the baby clinic get to me. Why can't believe understand/believe/accept that there are babies out there who just don't sleep??? There isn't anything wrong (with some of them) and the mum's aren't doing anything wrong!! It just annoys me that I let the lady get to me - especially since a friend of mine warned me about this particular woman! Oh well...
    Here's hoping that things are improving in your household!!

tiggy Guest

HI Heidi,
    I'll go have a look at PB in a minute but I'm so sorry to hear that the clinic nurse treated you badly. Some of them just have no idea, forget what it was like to have young babies or have never had kids themselves. As if you weren't feeling bad as it is.
    As for us, the ear perforation did nothing to help her nor did the side car idea. Sadly, last night I gave her heavy sedation and that helped her to sleep for three hours -
    11pm - 3am.
    I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time. I feel for you, I really do. Ok. I'm off to have a look at your post in Punching Bag.

Just to let you know as well, when I was 7 months pregnant we trialled sedation at night for 4 nights. *hugs* Its awful but you need rest sometimes to get through the tough times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast