Thread: pimply rash face for newborn

Default pimply rash face for newborn

anyone know why my 4 week old has a pimply red rash all over his face/head and ears? it's actually kindof yellow and crusty on the ear lobes... I'm wondering if there is a product to help; i'm sure it'll clear up on its own but if anything speeds this up i'd be happier.

~Belinda~ Guest

Madeleine has it too - I've heard it's a hormone rask (milk rash) and it disappears within 12 weeks...

Natty was very pimply for the first... um... 8-12 weeks? (Sorry, can't really remember now! It came good after a while anyway.)

Hi Lara! Do you find it clears up in cooler environments like shopping centres etc where there is air conditioning? If so, it is heat rash. Fraser has it on his face, neck, chest and back. I asked the CHN if I should put some Sudocrem on it and she said to put nothing on it but water. She said they get heat rash because their sweat glands havent properly developed yet and it is compounded by hormones which are still developing too. She said by 6-8 weeks, it should disappear.

~Belinda~ Guest

Dayl, yes it might be a heat rash with Madeleine too!

I have some photos of my DS in my gallery.. ill grab the links for you.
    Here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php/photo/1944
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php/photo/1945

The pimply rash is a hormone rash. DS had it from about 3 or 4 weeks until about 8 or 9 weeks old. He also had a heat rash with his so it made it look even more sore and red. It is VERY common and does not effect bubs what so ever. They dont even know its there. Theres unfortunately nothing you can do for it but wait for it to go. You can try some Papaw cream on it if he has a bit of a heat rash with it, but the pimples will go in their own time. Its horrible to look at i know, especially when you just want to show them off to the world! But they will get their gorgeous baby skin back in no time.
    Last edited by ShootingStar; January 31st, 2008 at 07:35 PM.

~Belinda~ Guest

Thanks Kellxx, that's good to know

Hi,

It's called millia - it's normal, there's nothing you can really do about it, but it will go away soon. It does just look so unsightly after that beautiful perfect skin they firt have
    Warm Regards
    Barb

thanks everyone. i feel reassured now. it looks better after i wash him with water and cotton balls, as it takes the shine off. that's all i can do for now, and tell the impatient rellies that photos will not be close up for a few more weeks. it'll be nice when it's gone!

i know this so soon after you originally posted, but my dd#2 had pimples all over her face and ears too. I thought it was just heat rash, but the doctor told me it was "baby acne". Im not sure why it wasnt heat rash, because all the symptoms were the same and it lasted a few weeks - just the same as heat rash.
    I was devastated when it broke out, but it only lasts a few weeks and once its gone you wont look back!