Thread: What to Expect?

krissie04 Guest

Default What to Expect?

My Son will be 10weeks tomorrow. I am just curious as to the other mums out there with the same age bubs, what they do in their day with their bubs. Whether they stick to routines or have their own theory? I am a new mum and attending a Parenthood Group in Feb but i am just wondering what other mums out there do with their bubs around this age and coming up to say the 4month mark?

Hi my DD2 is almost 11 weeks and our days arent too routined i tend to go with the flow but i also have a 22 month old to deal with too. Our day tends to start anywhere from 6-7.30 with a BF then i get DD1 up and we all sit on the couch for a play and cuddle for half hour until DD2 is tired and i put her down. She will generally have a good sleep until lunch and have another feed, play and sleep. She will generally wake between 2 and 4 for another feed and then our fun begins with her been very unsettled and on and off the breast until anywhere from 9-11. I only tend to bath her every 2nd night as having to cook dinner feed and bath DD1 too and this been her unsettled time evenings in my house are chaotic. We still get up for a feed around 4am most nights. During the day she tends to sleep mainly in her swing or in my arms (she is quite clingy) but at night is still in our room. For play time at the moment i put her on the floor under a play gym thing and she loves it or in her rocker/bouncer etc and DD1 tries to play with her etc. I dont know if this is what you where after but if you have any specific questions i'd be happy to answer

DS is 13 weeks. I loosely follow a feed, play sleep cycle of about 90 mins. This is really set by DS, but he gets grumpy and shows tired signs around 90 mins so I put him down as soon as I see them.

During our play time we do: tummy time, plays under his activity centre, on his bouncer looking at TV shows like Humphrey Bear etc, I read stories to him, talk to him, take him to the letter box or walk around the yard. He loves being near me so I even use that time to have a shower while he is sitting in his bouncer in the bathroom.

As he is getting older he is becoming more interactive and "talks" alot. It isn't hard to find things to do with him as I am just reacting to him and what he is doing.

krissie04 Guest

Thanks Saffi for your reply. My son for the past two nights has slept from 8pm and gone through to 6 and 7am. I was feeding him on a 4hr basis during the day as too he was feed play for roughly 90mins and back to bed cause too tired signs but with him sleeping this long at night i am thinking do i do a 3hr during the day as my Community Nurse did say at this age he needs 5 feeds a day. As being first time mum i am not too sure but i am finding he is sleeping alot less now during the day so maybe i do feed on the 3hr not 4hr. Your advice is appreciated. Thankyou

Hi,

My DS is 4 months and I feed every 3 hourly (or on demand - sooner if he wants). He is awake a lot more during the day and as soon as I see the tired signs, down to sleep he goes. My DS also sleeps through the night normally I put him down between 6-7pm and he is up between 6-7am (so generally 12 hours). I do all the things that Saffi does with her bub and that seems to wear him out fairly quickly. Good luck with it and enjoy... xxoo

krissie04 Guest

Thanks for the reply. After your playtime how long is your son sleeping for to the next feed?

He mostly sleeps for around 90 mins. It has been as long as 2.5 hours. Sometimes he will wake up after one sleep cycle and I am able to settle him back to sleep, tho occasionally he puts himself back to sleep.