Thread: 1st stage of labour..

Question 1st stage of labour..

Im due for my 3rd child in april... i was wondering if the 1st stage of labour will generally be quicker this time, with DD it took 20hrs to become fully dialated ( emergancy csection) and wit DS it took like 7 hrs b4 we started pushing... it s just that i dont want to get rushed towards the piont of going to hospital and having the littles minded.. would love to here your thoughts or quick stories from mulitple mummies..
    thanks
    XX

From 20 hrs with your first bub, down to 7 hours with your second...I'd say chances are that you'd be looking at somewhere around 7 hours or less this time

It's impossible to predict!...but if you're concerned something that might ease your mind is to do some reading into what the "external" signs are of where you might be in labour. There's quite a bit of info online about other ways to gauge where you're at without a vaginal exam...get your support person to read up as well so that they have some ideas for what to look for. Hopefully then you don't feel like you have to run off to hospital really early because you don't have any idea how close you are kwim?

Chalia, from what I understand, your 3rd labour is likely to either be similar to your 2nd, or shorter. Of course anything can happen, but I think those two scenarios are the most common.

Hi,

Well I only have one bub at the moment but all multiple mums I know have shorter labours each time. Also just wanted to post mainly to ask is Chalia your first name? I've just never heard it before but I really love it very beautiful do pronounce the "Ch" the same was as in child or as an sh? have to keep it in mind for future bubs!!! goodluck with everything!

I would expect anything!! All labours are different

Best of luck and have a wonderful birth

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Also just wanted to post mainly to ask is Chalia your first name? I've just never heard it before but I really love it very beautiful do pronounce the "Ch" the same was as in child or as an sh? have to keep it in mind for future bubs!!! goodluck with everything!

thanks for your replies...i guess im getting a little excited with the arrival, i thought that it may be the near same lenght of time as my second bubs.. but positioning will also come into it ..but still a bit apprehensive as it not to be too short as well .. i guess be prepared either way and have my support people readly notified in advance

As for my forum name thankyou Jas ... it is actually made up to the first 3 letters of my 2 childrens names.. after creating it i too found it very appealing for a girls name .. the Ch is pronounced as a 'Sh'... seeing that im having a boy soon you are most welcome to keep it in mind ..that if, our Charlie, to be a girl we will still keep the name... DD n DS have already refering to the bubs as 'Charlie'

I have no scientific basis for this, but in my experience

first babies take their time
    second babies make a quick arrival
    and third babies do what they like

x