Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5th Labours, help!!!!!!

Default 5th Labours, help!!!!!!

Hi everyone

I am having my 5th baby and am getting really frustrated with all the stop starting i seem to be having in regards to labour. My midwife has told me that 5th babies are notorious for being 'niggly' about going into labour. She said they can start and stop for a couple of weeks.
    I have had one whole night of 5 min apart contractions, which fizzled to nothing. Last night i had 20 min contractions all night which got worse when i got in the shower, but once i went to bed and went to sleep, they slowed right down again.

I was wondering if any of you mum's out there that have had a 5th baby can tell me how your labour went, and if you had alot of pre labour before they finally decided to arrive????

Thankyou

Lea x

Oh Lea,
    I just wanted to give you big hugs as i know how frustrating this is.
    My 3rd bub is doing the exact same thing.
    Take care

Wish I could help, I was my mums 5th baby and am sure i was fine lol.

Just wanted to send you a , and let you know I'm thinking of you! Hopefully your bubs stops being naughty and makes their appearance soon!

How exciting you could be first of teh post for our BB group!

Thanks tan and Rach

I think he's going to be a procrastinator like his Daddy lol

Rach, there are a few of us already having pains, seems like the race is on !!!

Lea x

I know!

I'm cheering you on from the ringside!

GO LEA! GO LEA!

Lol Rach

I hope this baby is listening to you !!!!!

I'm hoping some of the other mum's tell me i wont have long to go now

Lea x

lea... all my bubs from no.3 onwards did the same thing , mind you they all got induced at 38 weeks, so i was having the stop start thing from around 35 weeks with all. i know its fustrating, hang in there hun, easier said than done.......

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread Lea as this is baby No 5 for me too.

Goodluck.

hugs xoxo

Hi,
    With my fourth I went into pre labour at 33 wks and kept having contractions on and off until she was born at 39wks.
    Hope you have bubs soon. All the best.
    Regards
    Dianne

I had the stop start for weeks with Tehya (#4) I would contract for a few hours in the night, long enough for me to start thinking it may be "it" and then it would all fizzle out.

Abbey on the other hand (#5) I don't remember really having too much of that. I did have BH's but not like Tehya's ones. Once I went into labour that was it. Abbey was born at 37 weeks.

GL - Goodluck hun, I would be interested on this question too, this is my 5th and my 4th was the only one that came 2weeks early all the others decided to come the day before, the day after and on the due date. Makes me wonder what this little one will do, will she beat the date the Dr's give for the c/s? I dont think it will be long now tho hun.

Hi Lea,my fifth bub did exactly the same thing to me,there was a couple of occasions i thought it was the real deal labour,but the contractions just went away,this happened for about a month before i was due, i was convinced this one was going to come early but i actully made it to the date for my c - section,(due to medical reason) the pain was always wose of a night when i wont to sleep,drove DH crazy.... good luck.

Thanks girls,

I suppose i always knew this was just going to be a drawn out waiting game, i was just hoping all the mum's who've had 5 would come on and tell me they had them early lmao !!!

The pains are still coming, been 2 days straight now, had a couple of really bad one's that i couldn't walk through, but most arent too bad. However, last night i almost fainted and threw up all at once and couldn't lay down for about an hour after or the feeling would come back. Could this be from the baby pushing on a large vein or something??? I dropped as far as i think is possible yesterday too.

Thanks again everyone

Lea x

GL - I could be wrong, but it sounds to me as tho it wont be long now. How long are your labours? Have your labours become shorter in time, every time? Hopefully you will have time to get to the hospital when needed.

Hi babe!! My 4th and 5th came and went too!! very annoying!!

BUT...
    All that pre labour helped heaps, my last 2 births were 1.5 hrs and then 45 min from first real pain!!! So just remember all the work your body is doing now for you, it'll make it easier when the time comes for you i hope!!
    Good luck, you'll know when it's TIME!!!

Cheryl, all my labours have been fairly short, 10, 2 1/2, 5 and 5, so i definately wont be mucking around getting to hospital lol

Wow purplemamma, 45 mins !!! I hope it isnt quite that fast

I went for a walk this morning, and all afternoon i have been in pain, not always contraction pain, just constant hurting. I decided to have a quick check of my cwervix when i was in the shower, and was quite suprised when it didnt take any effort at all to reach it, it's down really low. Can it sit this low for ages without labour happening or is it a sign it wont be long????

Lea x

GL - Gee your lucky, mine seem to get longer. lol. Except from the c/s's. How is everything going?

Hey Cheryl, everything is great this morning, damn it lol

Went for another walk yesrterday but all it did was make my legs ache, no contractions whatsoever!!!!!

How are you going with this pregnancy??? Hope your well

Lea x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast