Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Induction after waters breaking?

I wish they would make up their minds... I broke my hindwaters, and thought thats it, but no, it was "nothing" i was told. Didnt seal up, my wtare went to to get too low, so i was induced. With Anneliese my water broke (the "Big Gush") and i was told to leave her in... She was born the next day. I was told if your waters break that you will have the baby within 24 hours, but maybe with prems, they would rather leave them in a little longer, and just monitor for infection?? Every hossy is different, i wish they would all make up their minds!! LOL

Wow Congratulations Fiona!!!!! How fantastic is that!!!

This makes me feel so much more empowered for my upcoming birth!!!!

My water broke and they let me go about 26 hours or so before being induced but later that night found out it was only my hind waters so they had to break them again anyway!! Needless to say I don't think my little Louis was quite ready to face the world but was very healthy anyway!

Thats amazing Fiona - You must feel fantastic!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I was reading something yesterday from a midwife in NZ and she noticed the day she stopped rupturing membranes in labour was the day she stopped seeing problems with posterior babies which were difficult to move. So many good reasons to leave those waters alone!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

melissa.r Guest

Just wanted to add that my waters broke when I was 35 weeks with my DD1. I took a course of antibiodics and decided not to have an induction right away. I did have an ultrasound and regular monitoring. After much discussion with my OB and MD (and lots of non medicals attempts to start labour naturally) we decided on on induction after 11 days. We decided on an induction as we weighed up the risks of delivering a preterm baby versus infection. Once we reached 37 weeks we felt the risks of infection was greater so we decided to induce. I am glad we waited as my DD was born quite small and had we induced within the regulated 48 hours she would have required medical intervention. Her lungs had time to mature and she was healthy.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I currently have a mum who is 38+ weeks and her waters broke almost 36 hours ago and they are not fussing yet. She's fine, baby is fine, I just wonder if they are giving her more time because of the date. But they have all been fine talking to her.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I was told the longest they would let me go was 96hrs, but I think had I pushed for maybe an u/s to check what was going on, they may have let me go longer.
    But I was having contractions, so things were happening on their own regardless.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234